Innovative Marine Aquariums

Dopamine's 14g Biocube

dopamine

oh wow, thanks soo much sue! I have been using the kent ab and my calc has risen from the 350 to 400 in the past 2 weeks or so. I am on the fence of building a larger tank and in this case I would get a RO/DI system and start mixing my own water.

I am waiting to refill my premixed water to run the tests on that to see where the calc is.

The only corals I have is:

bali torch

frogspawn

zoanthids

gsp

small toadstool

dumpster mushrooms

1 ricoridia.

and each specimen is pretty small. I would consider my tank more than half empty.

edit: so I think it is the water...I will report that soon enough.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh wow, thanks soo much sue! I have been using the kent ab and my calc has risen from the 350 to 400 in the past 2 weeks or so. I am on the fence of building a larger tank and in this case I would get a RO/DI system and start mixing my own water.

I am waiting to refill my premixed water to run the tests on that to see where the calc is.

The only corals I have is:

bali torch

frogspawn

zoanthids

gsp

small toadstool

dumpster mushrooms

1 ricoridia.

and each specimen is pretty small. I would consider my tank more than half empty.

edit: so I think it is the water...I will report that soon enough.

It does sound like the water.

YAY, so nice to see some pics!!!

I'm really glad to see them doing well for you, I still really love the "dumpster mushrooms" that I got from you!!!

thank you ladies!

I started a thread in photography so I can try and take some better pictures tonight (I will take pics of your zoas weet and then put them in a feedback thread!)...It would be amazing if you could throw in your .02, understand if you dont know about this specific camera though.

I have gone WAY too long without getting some decent shots of this tank.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry1663209

calc: 440

alk: 8.10

ph: 8.2 - 8.4

salinity: 1.026

fixed rockwork and it looks soooo much better. I figured I would hold off on a larger tank and just give this tank a facelift.

I got a golfball size frag of a birdsnest that looks like the pink ORA birdsnest on live aquaria ( LINK )

It is still really pink under the 20000k. each stalk has plenty of tiny polyp extruding. ANY TIPS? anything you wish you new or glad to know now that you have sps?

WoW, NICE pics, tank is looking GREAT!!!

What camera did you use?

On sps, I would say keep an eye on temp swings and on Alk swings, and try to keep Ca over 420.

SeeDemTails

Great pics, lets see the birdsnest!

Make sure like weetie said, keep your alk above 3.0 and your Ca above 420ppm. That is the most important thing when keeping sps. And watch your temp of course too.

thanks everybody. alk above 3? isnt that really low?

Temp sits at 82 constant. A little high but doesn't move.

I used a sony point n shoot digital. I still get the whites on the top of all my pictures..:shrug:? I need to borrow the camera again so I can take pictures of the new landscape and the birdsnest.

There are different ways to measure Alk.

I'm pretty sure SeeDemTails was talking about 3.0 meq/l, which is the same measurement I use.

gotcha! so if I am getting 145 ppm on my lamotte test then that puts me at 2.89 meq. sooo I need to get that up a little bit? I am about done with the kent a/b and will get the b-ionic soon enough.

really wish I could get off this premixed water...just dont have the resources & space to mix my own right now. I cant wait to move!

2.89 isn't awful, but back when I was actually making an effort to balance Alk and Ca I tried to shoot for 3.0 to 3.25 or so.

ok...well I will keep an eye on that. like i said, Im gonna get the b-ionic that SDT said is a little more reliable. Thanks again!

I will try to get a pic of the birdsnest as soon as I get a camera.

I cant take pictures, but this at least shows the polyps. It is way pink like the photo from live aquaria...all my photos turn white. argh.gif

dsc01452nb1.jpg

Here is a link to a 1920 x 1080 res.

dsc01452nb1.th.jpg

Hello!

uneasy.gif, I think they mean well, and I like their sense of family. I like the way they look and I don't like how geese boss them around. I have always had them make nests in the yard near the house and I like to watch them walk. Pretty much everything about em. Do you like ducks?

im a full blown Duck Hunter here in MS.. hehe... i had to add that in... tank looks great Dope... how do you like your Ushio 20k.. im thinkin of getting one..

haha, its ok. I eat duck. I think they taste good dead and act funny alive.

thanks digg. I really like it. I dont run actinic supplementation, so I enjoy the extra blue. Tell ya the truth, after it has worn in the past month or so, it doesnt look SOO blue.

I would definitely recommend it...but, everybody sees a little different. I will definitely buy it again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived