inTank Media Baskets

Custom built all in one tank

disaster999

i was just fascinated about all in one tanks that i decided to go build myself one. i probably could of bought the biocube 14 for cheaper, but nothing beats the satisfaction of seeing something you build with your own hands come to life.

its a 15x15x15 display and a 3x15x15 filter/fuge/return pump. im planning on getting the sunpod 70watt MH light if i could find one used for a good price.

heres the original design

tankv3.jpg

heres the tank in the process. couldnt get the picture of the finish product. wasnt happy with the pic i took

DSC_0074.jpg

ill get more pictures of it tomorrow

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still trying to decide if I should build one or buy another :lol: would be good to see what you have done I might be able to steal some of your ideas :)

more pictures

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

i tested the tank and everything is leak proof. its holding water. i just need to adjust the baffle a bit. i will be getting those fiber screens for windows so critters or cant get in

can someone recommend me a bulkhead for my return? i havent seen anything in home depot or lowes and not quite sure what i need along with the bulkhead to make this work. i want to use locline stuff

thanks

u can get bulkheads at your LFS or order it online....lowes or HD dont have them.....

or u can use a female and male pvc adapter with a rubber washer if u want to save money but wont be as clean looking

for a bulkhead ...there is a 1/2" bulkhead kits that come with a 90 degree barbed elbow for rubber hoses

search the web for locline and u'll find all different one u can piece together

do you plan on putting a skimmer in there? or just a fuge?

im just getting started in this hobby and im not all that familiar with saltwater. im a freshwater guy. ive read somewhere people bashing other saying, if you want to get rid of protein, do water changes. theres a lot of other things that im not curtain, but a trip or few to the local reef shop when i get my sand and rocks should clear up some confusion

i was thinking of just fuge only tho. there should be enough room for a mini protein skimmer

looking great! :bowdown:

Looking good!

AWSOME!

Glad to see more people building there own all in ones.

Thanks

fraggle rockette

i got my bulkhead stuff at marine depot, but i'd ask your LFS first. sometimes they have the locline tools and stuff and will let you borrow those as well (instead of having to buy them) :happy:

i have the locline tubs, just having some trouble with locating bulkheads, ill check with my LFS.

here are the locline products i have...lovely bright orange and blue

product_image.jpg

while searching around, i found pretty much what i need at www.drsfostersmith.com

p_924717_32793-i.jpg

p_18979_32763i.jpg

what pump should i use for this tank? MJ900 or MJ600?

ive calculated the volume of the display area is around 13 gallons. would the MJ900 be too strong?

well after looking into my wallet...which is pretty shallow...ive decided to scratch the HQI lighting and just go for PC.

thinking of going for the raw industrial looka

tank2-1.jpg

it would be 2 AH supply reflectors side by side with some sort of brace between them. it will be hung on the ceiling with some chain. lighting would be 2x36 watt PC bulbs which gives me a whooping 2watts more than the HQI

anyone got any input as what bulbsi should put in there? heres what AH supply offer

clicky me

i wanna get it from there because they are local to me.

im thinking 10,000k and a some blue...not sure bright or deep...

on a side note, i ordered my pump and plumbing. it was suppose to get here tomorrow, but some how fedex find it funny to screw with me and pushed it back a day.

Archived