ReefCleaners.org

Custom built all in one tank

disaster999

i did a 50% water change, water that came out was yellowish, put new water in it and the tank look so much brighter!

then i went out and bought a fish today!! another step closer to corals! cant wait!

DSC_0147.jpg

the only decent picture of him...hes moving around so much...hard to get a nice shot of him. hopefully he would settle down once he likes his new home

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice tank so far. Do you mind telling me who you bought the live rock from on ebay? LR around my area LFS sucks!

Koi, i got my rocks here.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=005

quick update...nothing new, but a lot of diatom on the sand...

DSC_0157.jpg

FTSDSC_0159.jpg

quarter shot

DSC_0156.jpg

my clown is so photogenic...hes in all the shot.why are my astrea snails always at the top of the tank...instead of roaming around the tank or on the rocks?

This is 1 cool tank. I wish I'm as handy so I can make something similar. Originally wanted glasscages to build me something similar but after hearing all the horror story, I'm going to pass on it.

whats the tank temp? ive found that if it gets a little below 78 in the tank they roam towards the top of the tank to the warmer water.

im not sure whats the temp near the top, but my lights are on....and the heat radiates to the tank...so wouldnt it be hotter near the surface? they better start eating my diatom algae.

Such a nice tank... looks great when filled up. The OJ lock-line has to go.

haha..the OJ lock-line stays =) i like how it makes a huge contrast in the tank, like another "coral" or something =)

This is 1 cool tank. I wish I'm as handy so I can make something similar. Originally wanted glasscages to build me something similar but after hearing all the horror story, I'm going to pass on it.

if you have the basic tools, its really easy to build your own. its really not hard at all!

sweet tank!! i hope ill get enough funds to add more fish and corals =)

so im getting more and more diatom algae...and im seeing signs of green hair algae forming. anyone know what type of CUC would clean that up? my snails and hermits arent doing jack

the film isnt as bad as before...i did change the mesh going into the filter to something with bigger holes, it seems to be taking care of the film pretty good.

theres still some particulates on the surface, but its 10 billion times better than better. i might try the pump trick and see if its better.

You could probably use the cassette tape mod like they use on the Nanocube to get rid of your surface film.

i actually thought about that...but that would just further raise my water level and eventually overflowing...

after messing around with the tank, messed around with the mesh that prevents fish and snails from entering the filter, its finally skimming the surface. i could actually see surface film entering the back. ill see how that effects the surface film tomorrow.

update: diatom bloom like crazy. i think my snails are finally realizing theres food on the ground and busy chewing it up. even my hermit is in on it. gotta wait till it the algae depletes its resources and die out.

is it alright to add more flow to my tank? the area under my return nozzle are receiving pretty low flow and collecting a lot of waste.

Be careful with that little frag of GSP. You might even think of moving his base over on the sand somewhere by itself. that stuff grows like crazy and you don't want it taking over all your rocks. It is cool stuff, but grows very fast. :D Nice tank by the way!

Archived