inTank Media Baskets

Atomic's Aquapod 24g & Biocube 14g Thread

Atomic081

I have another quick question for you. I also have the Fision skimmer. Where did you put yours? I find it kind of akward in the back compartment.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you running any skimmer at all? Oh Found the basket! Thanks for the advice ;)

Look for the bio cube skimmer. It fits good and that what I use.

i currently dont run a skimmer at all, but as Ocho Cinco said, the biocube skimmer fits well and ive heard that it actually works. So next time im at the LFS im going to pick one up.

why dont you think it would work? im curious cause if it wont work in yours then im sure it wont work in mine??

I have the PC setup. Im going to buy it this week, so ill let you know. I think it will work.

On another note. What does a new Duncan, blue zenia, x-man zoos, purple fission zoos, and some wicked green and blue zoos have in common????? ill show you sometime when i get my tank cleaned!!!!

Ya the trip was awesome, skiing in PA, Atlantic City took all my money and i got to see downtown Balt. MrCoral was visited on my way home. Ill post pictures when i get my good camera soon.

Ive not got the skimmer yet, maybe this weekend.

Here are the pics of the new corals

Purple Fission

IMG_2022.jpg

X-men

IMG_2025.jpg

Blueberry Fields Forever

IMG_2024.jpg

Blue Xenia

IMG_2026.jpg

Duncan

IMG_2028.jpg

Zoa Rock (some things are pissed cause of me playing in the tank)

I wonder how long it will take for them to cover the whole rock??

IMG_2030.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hey man have not talked to you in a while...

How is the tank doing?

Are you going to that frag swap on the 12th?

If you want I have that 15g with the 65W PC if you want to use it to sell some stuff.

I dont use a skimer on my ap24 as Im only keeping zoas, lps, softies....They grow faster and look better in dirty unskimmed water

• 2 weeks later...

I have not updated this in a long time. My tank has been a mess lately. I live a hour away from a major city so getting premixed saltwater is hard sometimes. At one point i went like 2 1/2 weeks without a water change cause i didnt go to the city. Here recently i have purchased a RODI system but it makes my faucet leak so i use it sparingly. This week im going to do a water change every 2 days until all the hair algae clears up and my corals get back to the beautiful shape they once were.

• 2 weeks later...
Atomic081

YAY, after 6 water changes my tank is finally making a full recovery. My Zoos are opening up fully for the first time in 2 months and my Rics are regaining all of there original color. Im still confused why this all happened but its gone now and im really excited about my tank again.!!! now to get rid of the rest of the hair algea.

• 2 weeks later...

So i took down my frag tank. Since i live out in a rural farm community i cant ship and I couldnt find anyone locally to buy any of my stuff. So i decided to start up my Biocube 14g as a Clownfish Tank (one Black and white and one orange). I got some LR from a buddy that is fully cured and i bought some Moon Sand as a substrate. I have already added a CUC because everything was fully cured before hand. The only corals will be Zoo's and Mushrooms. Later i might try a RBTA. I know it might not work but i wana give it a try. If things start to look bad i can always put it in my 24g. On another note i have pictures of Both the Biocube 14 and the Aquapod 24.

Fish069.jpg

Fish071.jpg

I reworked the LR on the 14 gal and drilled holes in the LR so that my frag plugs can fit snug on the LR. So far i have added 1 small zoo frag and it works great. ill post pictures later.

• 4 weeks later...

My Aquapod is still a mess. Hair algae is a big concern right now and my Zoa's had not opened in about 3 weeks. So today i transfered all my Zoa's to my Biocube and they have already started to open up. Ill continue to do water changes every 3 or so days and ive added a phosphate sponge. Im also bringing down my lighting from 10 hours to 8 hours. Here are some pics of my Biocube and its 2 newest members. I bought the smallest B&W clownfish i could find and he has paired up with my Orange clownfish from my aquapod. Im going to add a coral banded shrimp to the tank, but that will be all the inhabitants.

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

Archived