Innovative Marine Aquariums

Atomic's Aquapod 24g & Biocube 14g Thread

Atomic081

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAHA Reefur. Im gonna pick up my frag tank tomorrow and get it running. ill def start growing this type of Zoa but im only going to make it available to locals for now. Ill start shipping things in the spring when it gets a little warmer.

I got a Biocube 14 Gal this week for a frag tank. I wont be able to set it up until after X-mas because its a gift. At the start of the new year i plan to start stocking it and trading to locals and this summer ill start shipping.

James from ParadiseReef.us gave my Tank a early Christmas Present for FREE....what a guy!!! I got 2 Rics, 3 small SPS frags and 7 polyps of a awesome pink Zoa. Ill post pictures when i have more time.

nice tank =] how did you get the 3th light in there ?

The light came from a Aquapod hood that Prowland and i bought. We both took a ballast and light from it.

I finally got my Frag tank today so ill be heading to the city to get some setup supply's tomorrow.

Congrats on the new stuff!!

James hooks it up mad everytime I go in there I got a black sun polyps and some type of brain I think.

Cant wait to see the pics.

• 4 weeks later...

Its been a while since ive had a update on my tank. The holidays were a busy time for me and my tank has gotten a few changes lately. New Yellow, Pink, and Tube Blue Zoa's. A few new Mushrooms and Rics and a Sixline Wrasse has been added. I also got a biocube 14 for Christmas and have it set up as a frag tank. I did a TON of fragging today so my tank is a little dirty. Ill post pics tomorrow when i get my camera back and hopefully everything will be opened back up by then.

I went to the LFS over the weekend and added a few more things including a red Ric, a Feather Duster and nice rock of lime green zoas. The Frag tank isnt 100% done but ill throw in a picture of how it looks right now. Here are the pics that you have all been waiting for.

FTS

Fish057.jpg

Tube Blues

Fish032.jpg

Yellow Zoa's

Fish033.jpg

Pink Zoa's

Fish037.jpg

Lime Green Zoa's

Fish061.jpg

Zoa Hill

Fish047.jpg

Feather Duster

Fish040.jpg

Red Ric and Green Mushroom

Fish042.jpg

SPS

Fish046.jpg

Sixline Wrasse

Fish058.jpg

Frag Tank

Fish062.jpg

Frags in Frag Tank

Fish065.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My tank got a 4 month Birthday present today. I trade some frags for a nice blueish frogspawn and while i was meeting a local reefer at a LFS, i picked up a new Hawaiian Flame Angel ( I have always wanted one), some wicked orange/orange and orange/mint zoas. Ill let everything open fully and then ill post pics in the coming days. The flame angel has not bothered with any corals yet and has been swimming all over the tank. he even has been spending time in a small cave in my live rock....so cool.

Here are the newest pics. The tank is a little dirty and i need to do a water change this weekend, but i didnt wana keep you waiting.

Hawaiian Flame Angel

IMG_1903.jpg

Blue Frogspawn

IMG_1914.jpg

Orange Zoa Rock

IMG_1916.jpg

FTS

IMG_1921.jpg

Man that new flame angle is awsome! I am really liking the rics as well.

Well I bought that BC14 from james... going to set it up at the parents as a display for them and a frag grow out for me.

Did you mod yours any?

Thanks for the compliments Nick. I did some fragging of the Orange Zoo's. There are actually 2 kinds. one is orange/orange and the other one is orange skirt with kinda white centers. I also fragged the mint zoos and pink zoos that i have. after 12 or so hours everything opened up fine.

About 3 weeks ago i was tending to my tank and was pretty frustrated at the growth in my tank. at almost 4 months i thought that everything would really start to flourish. Not that everything was unhealthy in the tank, but i just had not seen ANY growth other than the clove polyps. To my surprise, in the next 3 weeks i have 2 new mushrooms, my frogspawn is splitting, i have 5 new tub's blue zoos starting, 2 new yellow zoos, my first ever singe polyp orange zoo has 2 new polyps, and alot more has started to grow. I guess i can contribute this to a little more spot feeding and i guess my tank is maturing...YAY.

Archived