Cultivated Reef

Atomic's Aquapod 24g & Biocube 14g Thread

Atomic081

I was curious what those were holding the eggcrate shelf to the glass, and how you made that. I wouldn't mind having a small shelf like that for some frags. I have eggcrate here, but those attachment did not look like suction cups.....

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not done a FTS in a while so i thought i would take one under the new lighting. The corals are LOVING IT so far. Everything is thriving and the algae i has is slowly going away. Im not sure if this is because of the tank maturing or from the Cheato. Now im going to really start searching for a B&W Ocellaris to go with the one i have now.

Im also on the look out for a some zoa frags. Im thinking about trying to get one of the bulk packages. This site ( MarineFlora ) gives 10 frags, Each frag varies in polyp count but most contain 10-20 polyps each. They get to pick the colors but thats less than a dollar a polyp. The Other site im looking at is ( Trieu-Exotics ) I really like the Dragon's Reef, Green Lantern, Gorilla Nipples, and Fire and Ice. Ive got an email out to them to see if they will replace the Mean Greens with something other than green since i have alot of mean green frags (maybe a pink, orange or maybe ill get lucky and have them throw me a blue). Has anyone bought one of these zoa packs or does anyone know of a better place to buy the packs? Im gonna check with some people on N-R to see if they would like first bid at selling me a package like this, i would rather buy from someone on here.

I also got a green monti cap the other day, im not sure how it will do under the 96w PC but i thought i would give it a try. My LFS told me that it has blue polyps, ive only seen them under his 250s MH lighting though. If this doesnt work out i might try and trade it or ill bring it back to the LFS. It wouldnt break my heart, ive got a ton of green stuff in my tank anyway.

Here are the pics!!!

Green Monti Cap

IMG_0329.jpg

My Torch Coral that is slowly recovering from the cold trip in the Indiana weather.

IMG_0350.jpg

FTS

IMG_0347.jpg

What bulb arrangement is the last FTS taken with? Are you still running the 2 blues or did you switch? Also, how's the temps since doing the three ballast mod? There are several threads on the hood mod, but I am curious which mods did you do? (reflector, fans, vents, etc) Thanks.

What bulb arrangement is the last FTS taken with? Are you still running the 2 blues or did you switch? Also, how's the temps since doing the three ballast mod? There are several threads on the hood mod, but I am curious which mods did you do? (reflector, fans, vents, etc) Thanks.

Im still running the 2 blues...ill run it this way until i need to change all 3 bulbs. When I the 3 bulb mod you actually pull the airflow over the bulbs and it works better than the stock configurations (i did the Reflector/Fan/vents). My temps with stock +2 fans were running 79 in the morning and 80 in the afternoon. After the mod im running about 78 in the morning and 79 in the afternoon.

I added more LR yesterday. I might totally redo my rockwork this weekend cause im not 100% happy with the new rock in my tank. I also tested my tank for the first time since adding the cheato and my nitrates were at 40ppp!!!!. I did just do a major feeding the night before, but that was higher than i expected. Im going to do 3-4 water changes monday-friday of next week. Hopefully the water changes and the cheato will get my nitrates down to 0. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for cheato to start working?

Pics of the New aquascape. I dont know if it will stay this way. I also was messing around with the macro mode on my camera so i thought i would post the results.

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

FTS

IMG_0367.jpg

Tank is looking GREAT! It looks like you are going to have some baby red shrooms soon.

You have inspired me to rearrange my rocks.

I set up that 15gal to hold the coral while I get the tank the way I like it. Check out the pics in my thread.

The acan is starting to get more and more color. There are about 20 polyps that have some of the red back in them!!!

The Blasto frag is doing amazing and the zoas have finaly began to open back up!

I am going to go to paradise and premium tomorrow I think and take a look around so call me if you want to meet up.

Great tank! I love the rockwork. It is kind of Flintstonesesque.

HAHA I might name my goby Fred!!!

I ordered a bunch of stuff over the weekend from MrCoral.com Come blue Zoa's, Purple Clove Polyps, Another rock of neat looking Zoa's, and a Australian B&W Clownfish. Hopefully nothing freezes on the trip. Ill post updates tomorrow evening.

Everything made it here great!!! I was a little concerned at first but everything is starting to open up and my 2 clownfish LOVE each other. Ill post picture later tonight once everything get settled.

Here they are!!!!

My Clown

IMG_0380.jpg

I wasnt sure if he was gonna make the trip

IMG_0388.jpg

B&W Clown

IMG_0389.jpg

The Aussie

IMG_0390.jpg

I wonder if he would like a Fosters to celebrate the new home?

IMG_0393.jpg

Best Buds

IMG_0431.jpg

Eye of Rah Zoa's and Blue Star Zoa's in the back

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

Baby Blue Zoa's

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

Gorilla Nipple Zoa's (HITCHHIKERS!!!)

IMG_0422.jpg

Sweet Clove Polyps (not many have opened yet but you can see a few)

IMG_0406.jpg

I found the names for all my Zoa's

Pucker Pink, Red Galaxy, Radioactive Dragon Eye

IMG_0398.jpg

Ill post a new FTS in the morning

LOOKS FANTASTIC!!! Those Zoas have some great color.

Have you named the clown from down under yet? Maybe Paul Hogan? :haha:

Looking forward to the FTS.

My B&W clown might have Ich (can anyone confirm this by the pic?). I put the Orange one in a qt part of the tank and im going to have to try and get rid of him and try another clown. Here are some pics of thing that i didnt get in the other post

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

That definitely looks like ich. You should quarantine the B&W clown instead and get him get some ich medicine as soon as possible. Being that hes injured as well hes going to need some extra tlc.

Frag rack came from Sushi. Its called a Mag Rack. The White spots on the new clown are gone today and he is doing fine. Im going to trade Clowns with Prowland because he has a clown problem also. We think that maybe if we switch they might get along. It cant hurt.

My New B&W Clownfish passed away tonight. The white spots on him only lasted about 15 min so i think they were just bubbles, im not 100% positive but thats my guess. I Dont think it ever recovered from the long trip to indiana.

RIP B&W clown

After the death of my B&W Clown i had took a few days away from my tank. Today i pulled out my tile saw and went to work on some of the Zoa Colonies and the Sweet clove polyps. I got 19 frags out of the 2 rocks. I also got a email from James at ParadiseReef.us and he got me another B&W CLOWN!!!!! Ill give it one more try and if this doesnt work them im gonna just stay with the one clown.

Indiana people, ill have some frags for sale very soon.

Archived