Cultivated Reef

Atomic's Aquapod 24g & Biocube 14g Thread

Atomic081

I dont know if there is any connection or not but when I was using uncle bills water in my 6.6g tank I got a lot of algae and the red slime in my tank.

Might want to try some of that water from petco. That is what I use.

I found a new LFS! go to www.paradisereef.us

He has a ton of great deals on zoas and some other stuff. He said he could get almost anything we wanted. You will have to make a trip out there.

You ready to get that frag tank going?

How is that shroom fragging going?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im gonna try water changes and see if thats the problem. If that doesnt help out then ill either buy a R/O unit (or maybe i can find someone to go in 1/2s with me :D) or ill go to somewhere else and get my water.

Ive heard about this "new LFS" I wana try and go there soon. I talked to my buddy at uncle bills and he has a new shipment of coral and fish coming in on wed or thursday afternoon. So im gonna plan a trip over there to see what he has got. I might check out this Paradise Reef before i buy anything at uncle bills. I almost bought a Zoa at uncle bills today. Bright green. just a great looking Zoa. But it was on a bigger rock and they would only sell me it for 35 bucks. The big rock had a few Yuma's on it and a few mushrooms, but they were a ugly brown color. It might still be there on thursday so i can always get it then.

Ill go tomorrow and get the tank for our "frag tank". I dont think it should be too hard to set up. My mushroom fragging didnt turn out too well. I guess i didnt do it right. cause instead of forming a new shroom, they just healed themself and are basicly just 1 big shroom again. Ohh well. ill try it again this week.

I did my 2nd 25% water change in 3 days. im going to do another one on friday. This dang hair algae and cyano is getting anoying. i hope im going at this algae the right way. If it doesnt get better within another week then i might take another method of getting rid of it.

I went to Paradise Reef today and did a little shopping. They are GREAT. I highly recommend them to anyone in the indy area. I got some nice green zoa's, 1 blasto frag, 1 green maze brain frag, 1 yellow figi leather. I also got a B&W O Clownfish and a Green with pink tipped Frogspawn that PR is going to get me sometime soon. Here are the pics

post-31104-1193978535_thumb.jpg

post-31104-1193978556_thumb.jpg

post-31104-1193978575_thumb.jpg

post-31104-1193978591_thumb.jpg

post-31104-1193978626_thumb.jpg

post-31104-1193978653_thumb.jpg

post-31104-1193978668_thumb.jpg

post-31104-1193978899_thumb.jpg

the blasto frag i got the in picture is for you Patrick. It fell off in the bag so i went ahead and glued it to the plug. and ill give ya one of the green zoa's, they are alot better in person than in the picture.

I also ordered 2 new things from DR F&S. a new Y piece and flexible tubbing for my other powerhead. so i can change the direction and hopefully reduce the power a little. I also got a phosphate sponge and a phosphate kit. This has got to be the problem with my cyno algae. If that not the case then i think ill be glad im testing my phosphates anyway.

I did a little fragging last nite. I got a few Frags of my bright green Zoa's and 1 frag of my orange Zoa. I also found 1 head of the blasto that had fallen off so i glued it to a plug. After my last attempt at splitting my mushrooms i decided to make sure i got them cut right. I just cut them both into 2 pieces so ill see how that goes in the future. Im still waiting on my Phosphate stuff to come in the mail.

Here are the pics of the new frags from Prowland and a few pictures of the frags i gave him. They were my first frags and i think 3/4 of them turned out really well. A few of the zoa frags didnt make it though. Im gonna get a piece of LR for the upper left hand corner of my tank to make more room for corals.

RIP: I think i lost my neon goby. I had been getting picked on by some of my other fish, so this was only a matter of time.

Im going to add and extra ballast tonight to my hood. ill post pics as soon as its done.

post-31104-1194963647_thumb.jpg

post-31104-1194963656_thumb.jpg

post-31104-1194963667_thumb.jpg

post-31104-1194963722_thumb.jpg

post-31104-1194963740_thumb.jpg

post-31104-1194963754_thumb.jpg

post-31104-1194963770_thumb.jpg

post-31104-1194963780_thumb.jpg

I went to Paradise Reef Yesterday and i bought some new zoas. I also got a frag of orange gorgonian from a friend.

Here are some pics. They arnt the best quality, ill get my good camera from the wife tomorrow.

post-31104-1195254256_thumb.jpg

post-31104-1195254306_thumb.jpg

Prowland: I havent tried the Rods yet but ill let you know how it goes.

Here are some more pictures of the tank and the new corals. One of the heads of the Torch died today, it was probably because of the cold temps while shipping. But the other head is looking alot better and i believe it will make a full recovery. It was shipped very well and i had a great experience buying it from Reefur, but i know they are hard to ship.

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

That tourch is hurtin... it should get better though.

I have found that the euphillia like an indirect flow to get the best polyp extension.

Ya the torch is hurting but Reefur gave me 2 heads for the price of one and he even threw in a free zoa!!! So as long as it lives then im happy. Im the type of person that likes to get things small and watch them grow.

quick update. I added a soapdish and some cheato this week. ill check my nitrates later this week to see how much it has helped. Im also starting the 120w ballast mod on my hood today. it will only have 96w for now because im using the stock bulbs until they run out.

The torch is doing alot better now!!!

So i got my lighting mod done. WOW that was a pain!!!!. took about 2 1/2 hours. The result is awsome though. Ive got 2 of the blue lights in right now and one white, im not sure if ill keep it this way when i need to upgrade the lighting in the future. I also got a few pictures of the Soap dish and the cheato.

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

Archived