SaltCritters.com

[Cadlights 34G] No turning back now!

Rodney013

Got my order from Zoafrag this morning and WOW.....the corals look great so far. I will post some pics when they fully open.

The service was fantastic for Zoafrag.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pics looking great Rodney! B) Your pic of the new 6-line is better than I ever got of the one I used to have.

Thanks Phixion.....it took me over 10 pics to finally get one that was decent of my 6 line.

Thanks Phixion.....it took me over 10 pics to finally get one that was decent of my 6 line.

It's like they say.... You can "waste" a whole roll of 24/36 pics on something and get only ONE good pic from it. No wonder why I need a 4gb card for my digicam. ;)

It's like they say.... You can "waste" a whole roll of 24/36 pics on something and get only ONE good pic from it. No wonder why I need a 4gb card for my digicam. ;)

Good point Phixion....I bet I have delete 20 pictures to every one that I keep.

• 2 weeks later...

Day 59

Ammonia 0

Nitrites 0

Nitrates 0

pH 8.1

Ca 450

Temp 78.5F – 79.5

Salinity 1.023

dKH 10 with Salifert :D

dKH 8 with API :rant:

I HATE TESTING WATER.....

I get two different readings with two different test and my LFS's are even different than what I get? :unsure:

I hate to say but my rainsford gobie and a coupld of sexy shrimp have gone missing. Have not seen them for a couple of weeks. They seemed good one day and gone the next?

When should I start seeing some good coraline algae growing?

Day 59

Ammonia 0

Nitrites 0

Nitrates 0

pH 8.1

Ca 450

Temp 78.5F – 79.5

Salinity 1.023

dKH 10 with Salifert :D

dKH 8 with API :rant:

I HATE TESTING WATER.....

I get two different readings with two different test and my LFS's are even different than what I get? :unsure:

I hate to say but my rainsford gobie and a coupld of sexy shrimp have gone missing. Have not seen them for a couple of weeks. They seemed good one day and gone the next?

When should I start seeing some good coraline algae growing?

I would think that you would have some by now? Your tank is a few days older than mine, and I have a ton. Spots on the back wall all over the rocks and my koralias are almost completely coved. What are you using to boost your calcium and alkalinity? or is it just your salt mix that keeps them up? I use 6.5ml everyday of the B-ionic 2 part solution and it seems to be working well.

I would think that you would have some by now? Your tank is a few days older than mine, and I have a ton. Spots on the back wall all over the rocks and my koralias are almost completely coved. What are you using to boost your calcium and alkalinity? or is it just your salt mix that keeps them up? I use 6.5ml everyday of the B-ionic 2 part solution and it seems to be working well.

Hey Drop,

I have not added any buffers of any type to this point. Everything seems to be staying where it should but I am not so sure of my water test either. I change 3 gallons of water every week and so far had zero algae problems.

My tank was doing great and all my fish were happy UNTIL......I added a great looking McCoster's wrasse. My clown and yellow watchmen did not mind, but my 6 line wrasse is not happy at all. He attacks the new McCoster's if he even thinks about poking his head out. I have tried and tried to get either one of them out so I can take back to my LFS but had no luck. I have tried traps, nets and not even gotten close to catching either one. I am not sure how much longer the McCoster's can last. omgomgomg

Wish me luck!

Day 66

Ammonia 0

Nitrites 0

Nitrates 0

pH 8.1

Ca 450

Temp 78.5F – 79.5

Salinity 1.023

dKH 10

Lost the McCoster's Wrasse, could not catch him after tearing the tank almost completely down. So to this point I have lost a Rainsford Gobie(not sure why he died), McCoster's Wrasse(Six Line Wrasse did him in) and a couple of Sexy Shrimp(Suspect my cleaner shrimp). These deaths bother me but I am glad I have not lost any corals.

Everything seems to be going pretty well so far, I am pleased with the stability of my water and the function of my tank. Very little I would do different if I had it to do all over.

FTS

IMG_0215.jpg

Tank is looking great Rodney! B) Sorry to hear about the losses, those are never good. :( I lost the female from my cinnimon clown pair a few weeks ago when I was away on business to Florida.

Time for a little update!

I love the Cadlights tank, I get more compliments on this aquarium than any other I have owned. So far everything is working great and I have little to no issues with the tank and hardware I am using. I know I have said it before but I will say it again…..my Reefkeeper 2 and JBJ ATO are the best accessory purchases I have made. I cannot imagine doing this without those two pieces of equipment.

My current livestock is as follows:

Clown: true or false?

Wrasse : 6 line

Gobie: Yellow watchman

Snails: Astrea

Crabs: Blue leg hermits

Zoanthids: 9 different colors

Torch Coral: acid green

Frogspawn: grape tip

Featherdusters: 3 different types

Blastomussa: Wellsi

Mushrooms: red and green

Ricordeas: orange and blue

Star Polyps: Green

Toadstool: Yellow

Anemone: Rose BTA

Alveopora: Flowerpot (?)

Turbinaria: Yellow Scroll

Button Polyps: Green

Candy Cane Coral:

My name is Rodney and I am a nano reef addict. :D

My future plans are a possible clam, bi colored blenny and more exotic zoanthids!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Day 74

Ammonia 0

Nitrites 0

Nitrates 0

pH 8.1

Ca 450

Temp 78.5F – 79.5

Salinity 1.024

dKH 12 (Had to add some buffer as it dipped to dKH of 8)

I had an issue with my water level being too high which caused my top surface to be cloudy or dusty looking. I did not think much about this until I saw some other post on this forum with the same problem. Turns out my water level was too high. On my last water change I lowered the level by a 1/4" and what a difference it has made. My water is more clear than ever and now my back chambers water level is lower than my display tank as it should be.

Still waiting on my LFS to get in a bi colored blenny and some purple face fire fish. I would like to add 2 more fish, maybe 3 at the most.

I have had a little problem with a few aiptasia that were attached to a frag of zoos that I purchased online. I have treated a few of them with Joe's Juice but more seem to pop up. Guess I will just have to keep zapping them as the appear.

Here are a few updated pics......Enjoy and let me know what you think.....good or bad! :D

Ric Rock

IMG_0226.jpg

Zoos

IMG_0220.jpg

More Zoos

IMG_0238.jpg

Guess what....more Zoos

IMG_0237.jpg

Why not one more

IMG_0231.jpg

Not Zoos :lol:

IMG_0236.jpg

And finally.....latest FTS

IMG_0225.jpg

I currently have a clown, YWG and 6 line wrasse. I am thinking about adding a purple face firefish, yasha hase goby and yellow clown goby or citron goby tomorrow.

Any problems with these new fish?

I currently have a clown, YWG and 6 line wrasse. I am thinking about adding a purple face firefish, yasha hase goby and yellow clown goby or citron goby tomorrow.

Any problems with these new fish?

You might have some issues with the 6 line. They tend to be very territorial.Especially if they were added first and given a chance to set up shop. He just might harass the life out of your new fish if they show any sign of fear. A purple firefish would be the most likely to be harassed because they are naturally so shy. Any fish thats larger than the 6 line or a little aggresive wont have a problem.HTH

You might have some issues with the 6 line. They tend to be very territorial.Especially if they were added first and given a chance to set up shop. He just might harass the life out of your new fish if they show any sign of fear. A purple firefish would be the most likely to be harassed because they are naturally so shy. Any fish thats larger than the 6 line or a little aggresive wont have a problem.HTH

Added the fish today and all went fairly well. The only problem my 6 line had was with the yellow clown goby. Funny thing is the clown goby never ran or show much fear so looks like the 6 line is going to leave him alone.

Added the fish today and all went fairly well. The only problem my 6 line had was with the yellow clown goby. Funny thing is the clown goby never ran or show much fear so looks like the 6 line is going to leave him alone.

Thats good.Im glad. I hope it stays thats way

Day 80

Ammonia 0

Nitrites 0

Nitrates 0

pH 8.1

Ca 450

Temp 78.5F – 79.5

Salinity 1.024

dKH 10

Added a yellow clown goby, purple firefish and yasha hase goby this weekend. When I first started this tank I thought I might not even add any fish...boy was I mistaken. These are the most interesting fish I have ever owned and each has its own personality as do the corals.

Purple Firefish

IMG_0274.jpg

Yellow Clown Goby (My favorite fella)

IMG_0284.jpg

Will post some pics of yasha hase goby as soon as he decides to come out.

Make sure you have a top; my six line chased my clown goby until the little guy jumped...

I started using my top about 2 weeks ago. Funny you mention that about your 6 line, mine did not bother any of the other fish but did bully the yellow clown around a little. My yellow clown never ran from him or seemed to bothered so the 6 line has now left him alone. I added a McCoster's wrasse a few weeks ago and the story was not the same. The 6 line killed him within a couple of day. :o

Archived