Pod Your Reef

My (somewhat) cube build

smcnally

Thanks guys...and I agree on the rock, bubbles :D

I got my last two lights yesterday (added 2 x 24W ATI Blue Plus) and it made my tank really color up. No more pinkish hue Yay!

dsc04752.jpg

dsc04753.jpg

dsc04761.jpg

dsc04758.jpg

dsc04759.jpg

dsc04754.jpg

dsc04755.jpg

dsc04756.jpg

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For anyone interested, here's my current T5 layout

10,000k Aquasun, ATI Blue Plus,10,000k Aquasun, ATI Blue Plus,10,000k Aquasun, ATI Actinic 03

dsc04764.jpg

Let me just, say, amazing work. And I'm so glad that foam didn't work out. THank goodness. Really, your tank looks 100x better now with real rock. I almost choked on my orange juice when I saw the FTS with the foam in there. I was like, "omg, what a joke!" but then realized it was real, and then "what a waste of a great looking tank", and then finally real rock! everything happens for a reason. Whatever you like, is what counts, but I'm so glad you went with real rock. Looks sooo much better.

Fantastic work, keep it up!

LOL...People that saw it in person thought it looked real, and I did like it. But, I do like the real rock much better. Maybe because I'm just a true reefer at heart and can't stand fake stuff in a tank. It's not as bad as fake corals, but even though I liked the look, it was still fake.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing tank... simply amazing.

Do you know who makes those clamps you used for your tank? I find myself needing clamps a lot don't want to buy ones that will wear out.

Could you post a pic of the inside of your overflow after you added your return line? My tank is going to be pretty similar just bigger I'm looking for ideas. Also how low is your false wall below the top lip?

Thanks!

-Jim

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On your closed loop, how do you keepthings from getting sucked up since your intakes are open and at 3/4" I would think critters could disapear if they passed by them??

can you post a pic of the whole setup with new aquascape?

I love the stand by the way... if you ever have extra time and don't know what to do.... nevermind ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just read this whole thread, great craftsmanship! and very creative in coming up with the foam rock.. I want to know, how long did this all take? and how much did you put into it?

• 11 months later...

Archived