SaltCritters.com

3 Gallon Reef just might be BACK!

musthaveitall

superduperwesman

ahah how are you sell frags... most of your corals look like frags. What are they like one polyp frags? ahah. The green dragon eyes are nice... hopefully they take off for you.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
superduperwesman

I'd be going for a full coverage zoa garden like materbuilder.. not fraging things up

zoas.jpg

Zoa's look the best as colonies not little 10-12 polyp frags

I wouldn't call your tank crowded?

Hi...Your tanks look great clint! The coral that you had a picture of that you said you would like an id on...That is a type of Colt coral...Looks great too...But be careful if they die in your tank they will kill everything, Or at least there is a good chance of it cuz they release some kind of poison or something.

TikiTimer- Thanks I did not know that, that is good to know, I will moove it out if it starts to look bad but right now it is doing great!

Thanks everyone for your replys!!

superduperwesman- That is what I am going for but I want to get rid of some of the less colorful stuff and get brighter stuff. And the green implosion palys were the biggest colony in there other than the brown PE's and I wanted to clear a spot for a green or red birds nest. And the frags are from one to 8 polyps, and I plan on growing the out to be bigger to sell.

Thanks

Clint

I like your tank : ) I looked at all of the pics and I agree with fewskillz that it looks better with the canopy : ) I thought I had a lot of tanks lol. Your electric bill must be outrageous!

I am down to 16 tanks (4 of which are saltwater) so I have taken down a whole bunch... Only 3 of the SW tanks have mega lights. And I am getting ready to set up my 150 for my pond fish this winter so i will be back up to 17 here in a couple weeks.

Thanks everyone for all the posts!!!

Clint

hey, i just got around to reading your thread. tank looks really nice. i say defintely go for some birdsnest or monti caps in there. the lighting should definitely be fine, just put them in a spot with good flow and make sure to keep your nutrients down and you should do well.

Clint

You shipment is on its way. It took forever to pack it! The box is bigger than you whole pico :-). You'll need to do a 50% water change just to float the bags!

It is 32 degress where you live and 90 degrees where I live so I used a heat pack. Fingers crossed! Looking forward to seeing live SPS in your tank soon! Better get the 150 running ;-) I picked up a purple monster frag today. They grow slow but I hope to be fragging it within the year. Keep a spot for it in the 150!

THANKS everyone!! I will give updated pictures when everything comes!!! Most of the stuff I am getting tomorrow will be going into the hex so I will have better updated pictures of that tank as well!! I am soooo excited!!

Here is what I am getting!

-SPS-

Green Birds nest

Tricolor acro

Orange monti cap

Green monti cap

Red birds nest

-Zoanthids-

Green eyed girls

Tequilla sunrise

Fire in sky

Devils armor

Daytrippers

Cherry bombs

Armor of God

Blue kisses

Zombie eyes

Mean greens

-Other stuff-

Jade palys

EGSP

GSP

Yellow polyps

Remember this is not all going into the 3ga ;)

I will have pictures tomorrow!

Clint

Here are some of tyhe pictures I promised! The zoas are not all the way opened yet so here are some of the SPS...

Tri-color acropora

SPS011.jpg

Macro

triacromacro.jpg

Red birds nest

SPS032.jpg

SPS039.jpg

Green birds nest

SPS045.jpg

Bottle brush acro (yellow and blue)

SPS033.jpg

Enjoy!! Let me know what you think!!

Clint

Clint. Looks like they are alive and healthy but they lost a little color during shipping - or did the colors just wash out a little in the picture (mine always do :) )? The bottle brush develops a nice greenish hue to its base and purple tips and the bird's nest gets much greener once it settles in! I can't wait to see them grow!

That is a great shot of the purple polyps on the bottle brush! Hopefully the green polyps on the tri-color will come out soon!

Looks good!

When will the FTS of the hex come?

When I get it lookin' good.... The aquascape (if you could call it that) is a big heap of rocks (about 80lbs though) But I do really like the black sand in it.

I found some cool white star polyps at our LFS the other day (need to take pics) they have the purple base like any other star polyps they just have white/silver polyps... interesting...

Clint

Nice tanks, did u ever add the clove polyps? I've been looking for some decent clove polyps to add to my 4gal. LMK when the zoa frags are ready I want to add some more to my 4gal and 2.5 gal. Add some sexy shrimp to the 3gal. I have two sexies in my 2.5 gal.

musthaveitall

I did not get any cloves except for one stray that came on my wood polyp frag... I plan on getting some for the hex next weekend though...

Clint

• 3 weeks later...
musthaveitall

Just another update! I got rid of the black internal filter and added an AC 30 fuge mod. And I switched the 10000k light out with a 50/50 so the tank is alot bluer now. But the tank looks alot better and healthier, I wish I would have done this sooner! Any way I mooved a couple things around added a few things and removed some things.

Here are the updated pictures!

Long tenticle toad stool leathers

ContestMacros042.jpg

Flamin' Rainbow Zoa's

ContestMacros039.jpg

NEW!! 3 headed hammer frog spawn

ContestMacros038.jpg

Macro of my RADE

ContestMacros037.jpg

FTS

ContestMacros058.jpg

Let me know what you think!!

Oh! And here is the Macro of my AOG In my hex

ContestMacros023.jpg

NICE!!!

Thanks

Clint

musthaveitall

The SPS are doing AWESOME!!! They have grown a TON!!! I just cant believe how fast they are growing!! The tricolor is most noticable. And they have really colored up too! I am going to wait for the Monti Cap's to get big enough to frag then i will put a little frag in this tank.

Clint

The SPS are doing AWESOME!!! They have grown a TON!!! I just cant believe how fast they are growing!! The tricolor is most noticable. And they have really colored up too! I am going to wait for the Monti Cap's to get big enough to frag then i will put a little frag in this tank.

Clint

Excellent. Keep up the good work!

The monti cap will shade out that whole tanke in a year ;-) You'll have to cut it monthly ;-)

• 1 month later...
musthaveitall

wow it been a long time... I just up graded the tank to a 30 XH so the 3 gallon tank is gone... The coral in it was doing so good that it had out grown it, and it was just too much work to top it off 2 times a day so I put it in the 30 XH and it is doing wonderful!! I had enough stuff in that little tank to fill this 30 gallon!! I will hopefully post some updated pictures soon!! I just got a bunch of new SPS for my hex too!

Clint

• 2 weeks later...
musthaveitall

I finally got around to taking pictures of my hex and new 30ga xH, NEW spec's: 2 Cascade 150's Plennum with one power head, 130W dual PC with lunar lights, ~30lbs live rock, Bangai cardinal, Maroon clown and a blue tang are its only inhabitants (The blue tang is in quaranteen for my 125ga).

Pictures:

Green implosion

ContestMacros11111.jpg

NEW green frogspawn

ContestMacros118.jpg

Leathers

ContestMacros116.jpg

Random...

ContestMacros112.jpg

Green implosion (again)

ContestMacros111.jpg

Star polyps???

ContestMacros110.jpg

FTS!!

ContestMacros108.jpg

I hope you like the change!! Let me know what you think!!

Clint

Archived