inTank Media Baskets

3 Gallon Reef just might be BACK!

musthaveitall

musthaveitall

I thought that I better do an update on my tank(s) The 3ga is doing better than ever I just cleaned it so i thought I should take some pictures!!! The GSP are not open in these pictures but it is still doing great! I have sooo much coral in this tank I was thinking about upgrading to a 7ga DIY and use this same light.

Here are some zoas that I got at the LFS I do not know what kind though...

Newreefpics029.jpg

In that back corner are my leather corals that are doing wonderful!!!

Newreefpics020.jpg

These are my blue paly's that are growing next to those PE things..

Newreefpics013.jpg

Radio active dragon eyes.

Newreefpics012.jpg

Thes are some sort of green zoa that I got at our LFS

Newreefpics009.jpg

Here are those PE things

Newreefpics004.jpg

FTS!!!

Newreefpics018.jpg

Newreefpics019.jpg

Let me know what you think!!!

Clint

Here are my bigger tanks...

My hex with all of its new LR

Newreefpics041.jpg

The 72 bow

Newreefpics040.jpg

And my new Lion Fish

Newreefpics035.jpg

Clint

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, your salt hobby is growing fast and you are going to need to start fragging all those Zoas soon!

Looks good!

I'll try to get you final pics and inventory of everything on your Zoa wish list this weekend and shoot you a total for what you have. Things have grown like crazy since my vacation and I have ignored the tanks other than feeding and daily dosing since I got back. Maybe this weekend I will catch up.

musthaveitall

Is there anyone out there that will let me know what they think!!!! :rant: Please let me know what you think of my tank. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Clint

musthaveitall
it does look a little crowded but hey it is a 3gal ...can we see a pic of the tank and light .

I will take one with my camera (easier to use) but it does take lower quality pictures... Give me about 10 min..

Clint

I've got the same fan I love it. Keeps the temp just right. If you don't mind me asking where are you located. I've never seen anyone else with that fan are you a fellow canuck? The tank is looking really good too many picos don't have sufficient lighting. It makes them look so much more intense.

Matt

Anyone?

The tank is doing good I will take some pictures soon, I am getting a bunch of new coral and I need to frag some of those zoas that are right in the middle and get rid of them so I have space for a couple more things in this little tank...

Clint

superduperwesman

Get some more color. Thats what I learnt this time I want more color. It's small so you can fill it with nicer stuff because you only need frags of everything. Too much brown for me

Today I was thinking about adding a couple SPS to my tank. If you look at the picture below there are 2 circles, I want to put a green or pink birds nest in the left circle and a green or orange monti cap. on the right. What do you all think?

Newreefpics018-1.jpg

I will have to frag out 70% of my green implosion paly's and wile I am at it I want to frag blue and purple zoas. Let me know what you all think!

Clint

PS I am taking updated pictures as we speek!!!

I HAVE PICTURES!!! I figured out how to use our camera and take some macro pic's for ya :D . (If they don't look all that great remember that it is my first time :P !

Lets start with my fave! These are blue and purple Zoa's of some sort.

Macropics032.jpg

Macropics012.jpg

And a good macro of my radio active dragon eyes!

Macropics021.jpg

Green zoanthids of some sort...

Macropics019.jpg

Orange centered green zoanthids...

Macropics018.jpg

Fire and ice

Macropics014.jpg

Flamin' Rainbow

Macropics013.jpg

EGSP

Macropics011.jpg

Green implosion Paly (frags avalible soon!)

Macropics008.jpg

Blue paly macro

Macropics006.jpg

GSP macro

Macropics005.jpg

No name zoas

Macropics004.jpg

Brown PE??? Macro

Macropics003.jpg

Golden polyps macro

Macropics001.jpg

I made a canopy thing for the tank to block the light from comming out.

Macropics029.jpg

FTS

Macropics031.jpg

Enjoy!!

Clint

Three weeks ago,I took everything out of a 2 1/2 gal bowfront when the mantis I kept in there became MIA several months ago. I got a 3 gal pico deco tank with lighting and pump. I added a little heater from Walmart. I moved 5 lbs of LR and the sand from the mantis tank plus some live aragonits. In it I have blue mushrooms, green mushrooms, a kenya tree, Xenia, flower anemone, 2 sexy shrimp, hermits, snails, a yellow katy clown goby and a neon goby. Also a flame scallop. Also a couple of very small pieces of staghorn coral from my larger tank. It is up near the top to take advantage of the light. Everything is doing wonderful, thus far. I am feeding tiny amts of Reef Chili 2x daily for the scallop, until I get some live phyto from a club member. It is on my kitchen counter and I am enjoying it immensly. :D Water changes and top offs are a breeze. A turkey baster works wonders!!

I've got the same fan I love it. Keeps the temp just right. If you don't mind me asking where are you located. I've never seen anyone else with that fan are you a fellow canuck? The tank is looking really good too many picos don't have sufficient lighting. It makes them look so much more intense. Matt
I have 3 of these fans. I got mine at Walgreens here in Jackson TN

Clint, I gotta say I am WAY impressed with your Pico....130 Watts on 3 gallons....WOW!!!!

Mine is a lot slower in progress, and MUCH more humble, but I love it....you should get a little barred goby like mine....he is so very cool....comes out and feeds like a little wildman daily, on frozen Cyclopeez....

Your green zoas are what I have, and was told they are "Emerald Jades". I dunno if that's a real name or not, but I'm happy with it.

Tanks for chiming in on my humble little tank thread, and I LOVE your blue, and blue/purple zoas....they are sweet.

Mitch (BTW, I'm 50, I have a PICO 3, 29 AGA reef, and a 20 Long AGA FW)

Thanks!! I have worked hard to get this tank where it is! I really do not want to add a fish as I do not want to disrupt the equillibrium that I have going in this tank! I was thinking maybe a sexy shrimp or two would be cool! I do loke your little tank I will be following that thread. I am getting ready to make a couple frags of the blues if you are interested... I will ship. I did just make 10 frags of the green implosion that will be ready in a few weeks.

Clint

farewelltofriday_mailbox

i have that SAME exact stereo. weird.

mine is all broken in my basement though

i dont really know how it got that way though...

Nice Tank!

still looking forward to those 1g picos..you should consider taking special orders so i can get a 5g pico..

by the way you do have a PM

I made up 10 frags of the green implosion, and they are all doing good!! I will post some pictures of them in a wile. I am going to make a bunch of frags of the purple rimmed blue zoanthids either tonight or tomorrow.

Clint

Archived