Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

3 Gallon Reef just might be BACK!

musthaveitall

musthaveitall

Thanks avalanche1201!! I will try some freshwater dips and if it persists I will quarinteen and medacate with some melachite green... I think that will do the trick.

Thanks

Clint

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
musthaveitall
Tank is looking great. What else are you planning on adding?

I plan on adding some Xenia, some black sun polyps, yellow sunpolyps, maybe a small leather, some Gorgonian, maybe a couple more shrooms, some more Zoa's, maybe some PPE or PPRPE, and maybe some sort of easy SPS like birds nest or something, I was thinking about upgrading the lighting to a 36w or 75w MH or adding 2 more 13w PC's some day... My little clown goby did not make it through the night -_- ... I would like to have some sort of fish in there someday, I was thinking maybe a copperband or something ;):lol:

Clint

That sounds good. Im working right now to get my sun coral to come out during the day. It working slowly.

Thats going to look good though! Cant wait to see it fully stocked.

musthaveitall
those brown things I THINK are an encrusting gorgonia. look into it.

No because it does not grow on a mat it grows in a chain, I think it is wood polyps...

Thanks

Clint

musthaveitall
Yeah its wood polyps. I just saw some at my LFS. What are the 1G Pico kits going to consist of?

It will be a ~1.8 gallon tank with a pump, sponge, carbon, coralife 10w bulb, MOON LIGHTS, and a space for a .5 gallon fuge and plenty of space for rubble and sand in the bottom and back chambers. it is 7x6x10 and has a 2.5" tall hood, and the desplay is just over a half a gallon at 4"x4"x10" it will have an acrylic lid so there is very little evaporation. it will be ready for sand and water apon arrival.

If you have any questions PM me.

Clint

musthaveitall

Ok I decided to post some pictures of my other 2 saltwater tanks... Nothing special the 55 is a fish only with a couple anemones, and the AP has not been set up for long and just has a BTA a gorgonian, a sea whip and a tree fan. To here they are

The 55 w/daylight (its at the foot of my bed)

fanandwhip014.jpg

The lionfish is gone, I took him into the LFS this afternoon, the LFS owner did not know how to handle one of that size and got stung right away... :angry:

The 55 w/actinic

fanandwhip013.jpg

The aquapod 24gallon

fanandwhip011.jpg

And an updated pic of my 3 gallon pico

fanandwhip015.jpg

my GCSP Are open and wow they are so cool, the picture does not do justice for their neon green centers!

Clint

musthaveitall

Yesterday I took some tanks down for someone, and she let me have all 3 of them :D , they all have very nice stands and lights, there are 3 of them, a 60 gallon Hex, a 72 gallon bowfront, and a 30 gallon extra high. The hex has a very nice light on it that i think I am going to put on my pico, and the 72 bow I am going to put in my closet (across from my 55) and put everything from my 55 in it and take down my 55. I also got a 175w MH out of the deal too, maybe I could put that on my 3 gallon pico ;). I just thought I would share that with everyone! I will take some pictures after we go pick them up tomorrow...

Clint

musthaveitall

fingerscrossed

How's the blue tang now?

Looking a little better, she still has ich but it is going away and I think she will be fine. I did a couple freshwater dips and added some Garlic Xtreme and it also seemed to help. She's finally getting settled in and eating well... And in a couple days I am going to move her to the 72 gallon... That may cause the ich to get worse but lets hope it doesn't fingerscrossed

Clint

musthaveitall

bump

I just added a 130W double aqualight w/lunar lights on my tank, I cant believe how much bigger and brighter everything is! And the lunar lights are awesome!!! Just thought I would post a quick up date, I will have pictures later today or tomorrow of all my new tanks!! I just got a 72 gallon bow and a 60 gallon hex!!! Everything from my 55 is in my new 72 gallon bowfront! As I said pictures will be posted soon!!!

Clint

musthaveitall

Ok here is my 3 gallon with the new aqualight.

newpictures008.jpg

And my 72 bow

newpictures013.jpg

The bow and the hex

newpictures019.jpg

FTS

newpictures011.jpg

aqua light

newpictures010.jpg

These are the pictures that I found of my old red volitans lion, in this picture he is 6" long he was about 11 inches long when I got rid of him...

newpictures003.jpg

newpictures002.jpg

I will have better pictures later tonight...

Clint

musthaveitall

Should I get a scooter blenny for my little 3 gallon tank? Or is my tank too small?

Clint

Wow your parents actualy let you have 3 tanks at once! my parents said only one tank at a time :( .

I have 4 SW tanks in my bed room (125, 60, 72, and a 3 gallon), 6 FW and 1 SW in the living room (FW: 5 29's and a 30 xh SW: 24g AP) and 16 FW tanks in the bacement (all over 30 gallons)... So yah they let me have 27 tanks at a time :haha:

Clint

Should I get a scooter blenny for my little 3 gallon tank? Or is my tank too small?

Clint

I have 4 SW tanks in my bed room (125, 60, 72, and a 3 gallon), 6 FW and 1 SW in the living room (FW: 5 29's and a 30 xh SW: 24g AP) and 16 FW tanks in the bacement (all over 30 gallons)... So yah they let me have 27 tanks at a time :haha:

Clint

Yeah 3g tank is to small for scooter blennys. They are just like Manderin gobys they require lots of pods.

I would get a clown goby or any other type of small goby's for the 3g tank just my 2cents

musthaveitall
Yeah 3g tank is to small for scooter blennys. They are just like Manderin gobys they require lots of pods.

I would get a clown goby or any other type of small goby's for the 3g tank just my 2cents

I have had scooter blennies before actually I had 3 of them in a 15 gallon tank... I had them for like 9 months then I got rid of them because I took the tank down... I tried a clown goby in this tank and it did not make it 2 days... Do you think a little blue damsel would do ok in this tank?

Clint

27 tanks? All running? At once?

I thought I was nuts for having 5. They're all in different rooms except for the 5.5 and 40b. I don't know how you keep them all running.

musthaveitall

They are all fresh water and don't need mega lights like the SW but it keeps me pritty well grounded... I cant leave the house for more than 2 nights...

Clint

Archived