Newreef4001.jpg

The dusters!!! $15 at the LFS

Newreef4004.jpg

One of the shrooms (not open yet) $2 ea at the LFS

Newreef4005.jpg

FTS!!

Newreef4007.jpg

Let me know what you think!!!

I just ordered 2 frags (10 polyps ea) of turq. Zoa's (should be here next week) $10 at reefscavengers.com

-Clint

Thanks Irishtexan!! I cant wait to see the 125 set up either... but it could be a wile... still deciding on lights. Here's a better pic of it...

Newreef3006.jpg

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 7

Those look like what can either be called Daisy polyps, Green Polyps, or Button Polyps. I've seen them named all three. Nice additions and sweet cabinet build! Keep it going! I think I may start a nice small tank soon as well, I'll be asking for your advise!

The Ultimate DanK

I'm starting to think that I may have been bitten by the pico bug as well, so we'll see what happens.

musthaveitall
Those look like what can either be called Daisy polyps, Green Polyps, or Button Polyps. I've seen them named all three. Nice additions and sweet cabinet build! Keep it going! I think I may start a nice small tank soon as well, I'll be asking for your advise!

Thanks!! The LFS just knew that they were zoa's nothing else. So THANKS, everything is doing good!!! But the shrooms havent opened yet... Are they a little more touchy than the zoa's? They were so big and pritty at the LFS and now they are all shrivled up... one is starting to open...

I have plans for a SWEET 1 gallon tank, it has a 1/3 gallon sump and a 2/3 gallon desplay the whole thing measures 10"x6"x6" tall. I am ordering stuff to build a few and maybe sell a couple... It will have a fuge and everything!

-Clint

irishtexan

Everything looks great! I would suggest adding some xenia to give the tank some movement.

-texx

ps- I updated my thread! :lol:

musthaveitall

I have some pulsing xenia comming in next week, also some also a green/blue ricordia, clove polyp, wood polyps, turq. zoa's, small frag of: tree fan, brown gorgonian, sea whip, and spiny gorgonian. That should just about fill it... I might want to get some sun polyps, GSP, and maybe try a pipe organ some day...

Clint

musthaveitall

The polyps are emrald green paly's, they look better and better every day! Now you can hardly see the rock that they are on...

Clint

irishtexan

Thats cool! They are growing really fast too. I wish mine grew that fast. -_-

-texx

ps-I think Im gonna take you up on that cheap coral you can get!

musthaveitall
Thats cool! They are growing really fast too. I wish mine grew that fast. -_-

-texx

ps-I think Im gonna take you up on that cheap coral you can get!

Let me know what you are interested in, they don't have a whole lot to choose from but it is good stuff and low prices, like pulsing xenia just $12 for a rock (3-4") with probably 10 little xenias starting on it. (well the last one I got was) They don't really have alot in the way of zoa's, but like that blue/green ric was $16, gorg. sea whip and tre fans are from $11 to $15. The last gorg I got was at least 6" with 5 branches. I havn't got any of their other stuff yet but I am sure it is good stuff, it is all aquacultured too.

Thanks

Clint

musthaveitall
Clint,

That sounds great! Is there a website? Also, do they have any SPS frags?

Yes they have a web site but you cant buy anything from them unless you have a Pet Store, I work at our local pet store and can get everything at cost, so if you want anything we are putting our order in on monday.

As for SPS they don't have much at any given time, right now they only have acropora (I think it is SPS) but it is expensive, like $45 for a small frag. Brown Montipora for $25, (not SPS) Black sunpolyps?? $30 I haven't seen those before...

email me at soilhead13@aol.com for more info...

Clint

musthaveitall

sorry the website is www.segrestfarms.com they don't have prices for you but email me and I will let you know what they are... They also have a huge selection of saltwater fish, I think there most expensive clown is like $7...

Clint

musthaveitall

Here's what I have in my tank so far.

Azoo palm filter

Azoo Internal filter PH

30W PC Light

Live rock 5lb

Live Sand 3LB

Cascade Heat

Live stock...

3 Blue leg hermits

1 Nas. Snail (not for much longer :angry: )

3 Shrooms

25 polyp frag emrald green palythoas

40+ Feather duster rock

What I am getting next week...

10+ polyp frag blue/green palythoas

6+ polyp frag fire and ice zoa's

3+ Polyp frag jade palythoas

Yellow polyps

14+ polyp frag radioactive dragon eyes

1" evergreen star polyps

Green star polyp frag

10+ polyp frag turquoise zoa's

Green /blue ricordia

Clove polyps

wood polyps

pulsing xenia

tree fan coral

gorgonian

spiny gorgonian

sea whip

:o I think the tank is gonna overflow with coral!!

I have $365.61 :haha: into my tank so far including filters, LR , live sand, light, and live stock.

I will post pictures later this week after everything is settled...

Clint

It looks good. But I would swap out that filter for an Aquaclear 20.

I have a 3 gal acrylic tank and im using the aquaclear 20 with a bag

of seachem Purigen. It provides nice flow and crystal clear results.

Although im thinking of doing the refugium conversion to it. Only problem

with the aquaclear is the intake is way too long and you have to cut it

down to size. I actually used an intake off the original filter that came

with my tank, it fit on the top of the aquaclears intake..

Where did you get your light hood? Im actually in the process of making an

all LED light hood for mine.

Here is a pic of it when it first was set up..

758532765_a922c0c090.jpg

musthaveitall

I stole the light from my fuge on my 55 :P , but origionally it is from ebay, It works great but it gets hot, I want to put some moon lights in it sometime... What LED lights would you use for a main light?? Do they make actinic and 1000k LED's??? That would be nice for my 1g I am building, I think I am going to have a problem with the heat on that tank... And LED's would work great.

-Clint

Looks good Clint. Wow that is a lot of coral to add in one week!

That 125G looks great! Love the stand.

musthaveitall

I ordered from multiple people and when I was done I put together that list and I thought OH $#!T I ORDERED THAT MUCH!!!! omgomgomg

Yah the stand looks great but when I put water in the tank, will the tank still be standing??

Clint

I ordered from multiple people and when I was done I put together that list and I thought OH $#!T I ORDERED THAT MUCH!!!! omgomgomg

Yah the stand looks great but when I put water in the tank, will the tank still be standing??

Clint

I hope they all do well!

As for the stand, GARF has ome DIY stand plans. As long as your frame seems as strong as their design, you should be good!

You`ll have to do a fifty percent water change just to float all of those frags! ; )

musthaveitall

Yah, I had to take half of my water out of the tank just to float the bags! It needed a water change though.

So... I got the sea whip, red tree fan, and a reg brown gorg. and they were HUGE they hardly fit in my aquapod!!! The sea whip is like 18" I had to cut a bunch of frags off of it just to get it to fit in my aquapod! So if anyone wants any sea whip, or red tree fan frags LMK!! I am getting some plugs to attach them too and I will probably be asking just $3 a frag depending on the size. And if you just want a big one they are just $20. I will ship (when they are ready)

As for everything else, I LOVE THE Dragon eyes and Fire and ice zoa's I cant wait for them to spread to some of my other rocks and cover the tile that they are on... Thanks brshriver!!!! I will update pics as soon as everything is open!!!

Oh and I got a little Clown Goby for my tank, I just think he is sooo cute!

Clint

musthaveitall

Ok here are the pictures!!!

But first a list of everything in the tank.

???? unknown star like polyps ????

???Unidentified zoa's (not open yet)

GSP

Green centered SP

Dragon eyes

Fire and ice

Jade Paly's

Blue Paly's

Green Paly's

Yellow polyps

A couple Mushrooms

Sea whip (purple)

Tree Fan (red)

Clove polyps

some xenia? Hitch Hiker on the ? star like polyps.

Feather dusters

Aiptasia :rant:

Ok on to the pictures.

The blue paly's

Blackpairs041.jpg

The dragon eyes

Blackpairs049.jpg

The Fire and ice

Blackpairs048.jpg

Star things

Blackpairs052.jpg

GSP

Blackpairs051.jpg

GCSP Not all the way open yet...

Blackpairs050.jpg

Yellow polyps

Blackpairs058.jpg

Red tree fan frags (decided on $5 ea)

Blackpairs059.jpg

Green Paly's

Blackpairs065.jpg

FTS!!!!!

Blackpairs063.jpg

Oh I almost forgot...

I have a blue tang in my 55 that has ich. Is there any good ways to get rid of it with out killing anything else in my tank?

Thanks

Clint

musthaveitall

Thanks texx!

Does anyone know what those brown star polyp looking things are? They don't grow like regular GSP they grow on chains they don't encrust like the regular GSP???

Clint

avalanche1201

looking good clint...for Ich you should set up a Quarantine tank. You can either go Hyposalinity in there or apply various medications. You could also try to do some FW dips...just do a search for a FW dip and it should help you out.

hth

btw...tank is sweet

Archived