ReefCleaners.org

Surftaco's BC 14 with Narly Pics !

surftaco

I just got my Koralia 1 today in the mail. I think its a little bit to strong for my tank. It might be going into the classified section pretty soon.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Aug07001.jpg

New pic today August 14th.

Update:

Everything is doing really well. I just installed a coralife dual timer for my lights and so far it has been pretty sweet!

I am currently awaiting Rod's-reef to get its Onyx clowns ready to go so my clown will have a friend.

Im now running Chemi-pure elite in Chamber 3 along with Purigen.

Nice tank... how much LR do you have in the tank?

I have 15lbs in the main tank and 2lbs in the 2nd chamber

tank looks top notch Taco!!!. i love the coraline on the back wall.. mine is just starting to get some... has your clown hosted that frogspawn yet?

tank had her 3 month anniversry today... yeahhh... i survivedd!!

tank looks top notch Taco!!!. i love the coraline on the back wall.. mine is just starting to get some... has your clown hosted that frogspawn yet?

tank had her 3 month anniversry today... yeahhh... i survivedd!!

right on dude!

No my clown has not hosted the frogspawn. He has been hosting the bottom right corner though.

Nice update Pink Taco, I mean Surf Taco :) Looks like things are chugging right along in the tank.

Funny about the clown hosting the corner of the tank, I swear they are the strangest things sometimes. Mine like to host the small mag float when it's in their corner.

Aug07001.jpg

New pic today August 14th.

Update:

Everything is doing really well. I just installed a coralife dual timer for my lights and so far it has been pretty sweet!

I am currently awaiting Rod's-reef to get its Onyx clowns ready to go so my clown will have a friend.

Im now running Chemi-pure elite in Chamber 3 along with Purigen.

Wow, things have grown in beautifully! Very aesthetically pleasing!

Is that frogspawn still just sitting on the mag-whatchamacallit? Has it overgrown the mag and attached to the glass or anything?

--Diane

The Frog spawn is still on the frag-mag. It loves it! It is even sprouting a 4th head! It gets really spread out. I'll take a new pic tomorrow to show you how much it has come out. I also mounted a smaller frog-spawn on another frag-mag. Its slowly starting to peek its head over the rocks.

• 4 weeks later...
How's the tank been doing....haven't seen you on here on a while. Hope all is well with your slice of the reef.

All is good bro! My tank is doing really well. I don't even test my parameters anymore! Yikes I'm sure I just scared some people on here lol. I have gotten rid of my Cyano outbreak I had. Thanks to my shorter light cycle.

My Xenia have multiplied like roaches lol! I'll post some new pics up tomorrow when my tank is on the day cycle.

Thanks for remembering me!

Surftaco

• 2 months later...

TANKATANK.jpg

Finally 6 months later!

A new update! My tanks doing great! I finally killed off some LHA I had. I think my skunk shrimp is going to eat my clown because he is getting so big! I now do water changes every two weeks and can't remember when I last tested my parameters. I just make sure the salinity is good to go before adding new water. :P

TANKATANK.jpg

Finally 6 months later!

A new update! My tanks doing great! I finally killed off some LHA I had. I think my skunk shrimp is going to eat my clown because he is getting so big! I now do water changes every two weeks and can't remember when I last tested my parameters. I just make sure the salinity is good to go before adding new water. :P

tank looks great , what do you dose in there for calcium and getting all the coraline , i just started my sons 14 gal BC and i use water and rock from the main tank , excellent growth.

What UP GV?!!?!

I dose with anything at all. When I got my live rock it had some coraline and it spread like wild fire!

I just use the Oceanic Salt. Thats it.

looks nice.....especially your purpling magfloat

I dig how the top of the pile is off to the left. So many tanks are too centered, your has a natural feel to it.

Archived