Surftaco's BC 14 with Narly Pics !

surftaco

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

newbiopics050.jpg

New pic I took today!

What yah think? Any suggestions?

I would like get more coral to add color. Any suggestions? Im running stock lighting.

Cool hitch hikers!

I would get some nassarius vibex snails to add to the mix of your cuc.

As far as color goes mushrooms are always good for some color... plus they are so easy to make multiply. All you need is an exacto knife and cut them like a pizza.

some nice bright florida rics would look great.. im in the same position as you.. similar rockwork also. i just ordered some fire/ice zoas from bobafet1 on here.you can find him in the classifieds.

some nice bright florida rics would look great.. im in the same position as you.. similar rockwork also. i just ordered some fire/ice zoas from bobafet1 on here.you can find him in the classifieds.

right on thanks!

I know right? LOL

bc14099.jpg

I saw this on my rock today. Its some type of sponge. I purchased my rock at my LFS. The rock was sharing the tank with there coral. The LFS is located in Niceville Florida.

Did any one else notice that that sponge is in the shape of a clown in this pic.

Looks awsome! congrats on a great start. I just brought home my bc 14 tonight and am firing it up tomorrow. :)

We'll be pretty much together with our tanks maturing. how was your cycle? I am not expecting to get much of any because my rock/sand are coming from my established 90gal reef. are you using RO water?

Looks awsome! congrats on a great start. I just brought home my bc 14 tonight and am firing it up tomorrow. :)

We'll be pretty much together with our tanks maturing. how was your cycle? I am not expecting to get much of any because my rock/sand are coming from my established 90gal reef. are you using RO water?

thats how I started mine too. I was able to get cured LR from my LFS's display tank.

Cycle went fine. Took only a week. Im using wal-marts distilled water. If I was you I would call oceanic and tell them your ballast went out. Mine went out within the first 2 weeks. My fan also became noisy. They have since sent the parts to replace them and its doing fine now.

That way if they do go out you can replace them on the spot and not have to wait!

Update! I got tired of my old Aquascape so I decided to redo it! Whatcha think?

I am also awaiting arrival of some Zoas from Boba Fett! I plan on gluing them to my rocks.

BC14109.jpg

mysterycreature007.jpg

My cup coral

I checked out my parameters today and I now have 0 on everything. Except PH 8.2 and Salinity is at 1.025.

WOOT!

Update! I got tired of my old Aquascape so I decided to redo it! Whatcha think?

I am also awaiting arrival of some Zoas from Boba Fett! I plan on gluing them to my rocks.

BC14109.jpg

mysterycreature007.jpg

My cup coral

I checked out my parameters today and I now have 0 on everything. Except PH 8.2 and Salinity is at 1.025.

WOOT!

I like the new rock layout......

21 days with fish already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yep! I cycled 2 weeks ago

It had live sand in it a week prior to adding live rock. So its more like 28 days.

was this rock from a established tank?

how do you know its cycled?

yes it was. I purchased the rock from my LFS's display tank. That rock had been there for quite sometime.

I think it doesnt start cycling untill you add live rock buddy.. live rock is what has the die off. die off giving nitrates amonia etc...

im guessing you didnt read the info page?..

reason being i jumped the gun and added fish around the 3rd week, they died a week later....

i didnt add any fish again until just last thursday

I think it doesnt start cycling untill you add live rock buddy.. live rock is what has the die off. die off giving nitrates amonia etc...

im guessing you didnt read the info page?..

I have read that info. If you would check my other posts about my cycle you would know. That I have already cycled.

thats right, you had display tank LR. I just didnt want someone to endure the pain i did of losin a cute lil fishy

thanks bro! I appreciate it.

Update 17 June 2007

Added some Zoanthids a few days ago. I also moved my xenia off to the side.

aquariumanddogs030.jpg

aquariumanddogs050.jpg

Watermelon Zoos

Archived