Innovative Marine Aquariums

Surftaco's BC 14 with Narly Pics !

surftaco

TANKATANK.jpg

Finally 6 months later!

A new update! My tanks doing great! I finally killed off some LHA I had. I think my skunk shrimp is going to eat my clown because he is getting so big! I now do water changes every two weeks and can't remember when I last tested my parameters. I just make sure the salinity is good to go before adding new water. :P

Great to get an update, surftaco! (And BTW, how did you come up with that screen name? :) ) Your tank still looks beautiful and seems to be in good balance, as well. Congrats on a great job!

--Diane

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the Awesome comments!

It was hard at first but after awhile I have gotten to know my tank really well. Its much easier now.

To answer the question about how I got my screen name, I use to work at a restaurant in Hawaii of the same name. No one else uses the same combo so I have it for my email and lots of the other sites even my gamertag for XBOX Live.

I received my Aqua-Mags in the mail this past week and have attached my frogspawn to it. Its extremely happy now and loves being back there. Its even starting to grow a new head!

It looks like you used some marine epoxy on that, how exactly did you attach that? Did you take it all out, or put it together in tank? Did you have to let the epoxy cure at all or was it just stick and go?

I've never had any luck with the marine epoxy I have. What brand did you use?

It looks like you used some marine epoxy on that, how exactly did you attach that? Did you take it all out, or put it together in tank? Did you have to let the epoxy cure at all or was it just stick and go?

I've never had any luck with the marine epoxy I have. What brand did you use?

I used Home Depot's AquaMend to attach my Frog Spawn. What I usually do is need the Aquamend in my hands until all the green has disappeared and its super tacky. I then fold the epoxy over the entire bottom, kinda like wrapping the contents of a burrito. Don't be shy with it I use a bunch. Not to worry coraline likes it and attaches to it. I did it all in the same tank.

Sweet, thanks for gettin back. My local club did a group buy on those Aquamags, and I picked up 5 just cause. I really like what you did with yours.

Thanks for the Awesome comments!

It was hard at first but after awhile I have gotten to know my tank really well. Its much easier now.

To answer the question about how I got my screen name, I use to work at a restaurant in Hawaii of the same name. No one else uses the same combo so I have it for my email and lots of the other sites even my gamertag for XBOX Live.

:) Lucky you. Unique and pronounceable! Catchy, too. :D

--Diane

• 4 weeks later...

Looking good Taco..

Can you give me any advice on places to eat in Hawaii...The wife and I are going

at the end of April for 2 weeks...Nice thing is she has a friend that lives in Konia (spelling)

and we will be staying with her B)

Izzue

Looking good Taco..

Can you give me any advice on places to eat in Hawaii...The wife and I are going

at the end of April for 2 weeks...Nice thing is she has a friend that lives in Konia (spelling)

and we will be staying with her B)

Izzue

What Island will you be on? Is it Kona or Kunia?

Cool...thanks for posting.

Gonna try to eat at her house mainly...

Ive already got request for some grilling...me and beer= Grill master B)

Izzue

• 2 weeks later...

Im looking for a new creature thats reef safe and interesting to add to my BC 14. Right now I have 2 Clownfish, a skunk Shrimp and a few hermit crabs. oh yeah and 3 snails. Any suggestions? Urchins, starfish?? Something Reef Safe.

Archived