Innovative Marine Aquariums

Surftaco's BC 14 with Narly Pics !

surftaco

Hello everyone here it is! Finally have it all setup!

Day 1

BC14001.jpg

Day 7

BC14091.jpg

Today I went and purchased some live rock from my LFS ( Niceville Pets )

thanks Mephix! Here it is up close. Took me an hour of farting around to get it to look this way !

BC14092.jpg

BC14088.jpg

BC14086.jpg

I love this piece! After snapping the first macro out popped this yellow feather duster!

BC14.jpg

I also had a few hitch hikers that came along. 2 cool snails and a tiny little crab in a spiral shell.

What should I be doing with it now? Testing everyday? What should I be on the lookout for? Any advice would be great!

Id also like to thank everyone who has answered all my questions and have helped me on the way! :D

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet setup...

I have a nanocube 24g dx, now after seeing some of the smaller ones, I am looknig deeper into the wallet.

they look fun :lol:

Oh man. What do I feed the feather duster? :huh:

nothing. just leave it be. be wary of advice were people just "phyto plankton" and provide no explanation. sure they eat phytoplankton, but your tank has plenty of gunk they can eat on right now. adding a ton of extra food is going to make algae explode everywhere.

nothing. just leave it be. be wary of advice were people just "phyto plankton" and provide no explanation. sure they eat phytoplankton, but your tank has plenty of gunk they can eat on right now. adding a ton of extra food is going to make algae explode everywhere.

thanks green!

Looking good Surf. No need to feed. (it) Looks like you got great hitchhikers (unlike me who only got macro :( ) and plenty of places to put coral. Is that a thermometer probe in the display? Tip: toss it in among your rubble in chamber 2, just don't smash it. You don't have to test everyday, but you can (I tested every 3 days) I guess you took my idea, but it's supposed to be with Chris B's book, not SW for dummies (how is that book btw?) Good Luck, pm me if you have any ques. :happy:

Looking good Surf. No need to feed. (it) Looks like you got great hitchhikers (unlike me who only got macro :( ) and plenty of places to put coral. Is that a thermometer probe in the display? Tip: toss it in among your rubble in chamber 2, just don't smash it. You don't have to test everyday, but you can (I tested every 3 days) I guess you took my idea, but it's supposed to be with Chris B's book, not SW for dummies (how is that book btw?) Good Luck, pm me if you have any ques. :happy:

Sweet good idea! It will be hidden when I get my LR rubble!

Its a really good book. Has a ton of really cool info on fish and inverts!

WOW! Day 8

I peered in my tank today and booo-ya! look what sprouted. I believe its a mushroom coral of some type.

BC14095.jpg

yes they will spread eventually ... after your tank has matured a bit and they get established ... or once it grows a bit you can propagate/frag them

yes they will spread eventually ... after your tank has matured a bit and they get established ... or once it grows a bit you can propagate/frag them

nice!

Where did you get that rock? I got a whole lot of nothing in mine. I'm jealous!

What's next? Is a Clown going to magically sprout out of one of those rocks? :P

Where did you get that rock? I got a whole lot of nothing in mine. I'm jealous!

What's next? Is a Clown going to magically sprout out of one of those rocks? :P

I know right? LOL

bc14099.jpg

I saw this on my rock today. Its some type of sponge. I purchased my rock at my LFS. The rock was sharing the tank with there coral. The LFS is located in Niceville Florida.

:angry: You get hitchhiker coral... I got stupid algae (kicks dirt)

Looks good!

LOL!

Thanks GV! :D

You have been a great help.

Josh'sNano

Hey Surf Taco... you live in Ft Walton Beach?

I just moved from there. If you need a hook up at a LFS just let me know. I know the managers at Petland and FishBiz and would be willing to see if I can get you hooked up.

Is this your first tank?

Got some Xenia in my tank now check it out!

Xenia.jpg

My cleanup crew consists of:

1-Red Hermit

1-Blue Hermit

3-Turbo snails

1-micro hermit

Assorted sizes of Bristle worms approx 5-7 of those guys.

Should I add some other stuff to the CUC? I have plenty of algae.

Archived