Coral Vue Hydros

Prowland's Aquapod 24

Prowland

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well all I got was a pep. shrimp and that was from uncle bills. Nothing really caught my eye then.

It is about time for some pics. I know they are a little blurry... I promise to use a tripod next go round.

FTS (10-01-07)

PICT0020-1.jpg

New frogspawn, turbo growing finger leather, and YWG

PICT0030-2.jpg

Side shot

PICT0021-2.jpg

Other side

PICT0012.jpg

zoas and palys

PICT0010-1.jpg

water movement

PICT0007-2.jpg

I have added a bunch more rock if you couldnt tell.

Thanks for looking!!

Thanks for looking and better pics next time

Thanks Ross.

I am thinking about getting a few more LPS in the near future. I want some different color candycane, other color frogspwn, open brain, xenia, more rics, and some other stuff.

If anyone is interested I really want to get the finger leather out as it is to big for my tank.

I took some more pics....

3 diff zoas, ric, and some candycane

PICT0040.jpg

Encrusting gorgonia finnaly opened up! Any idea what the red-orange looking things are at the bottom left??

PICT0044-1.jpg

Kenya tree

PICT0045-1.jpg

Zoas from Mvite

PICT0046-1.jpg

more zoas

PICT0048-2.jpg

cont.

PICT0039-2.jpg

ric

PICT0047-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

The finger leather is going out of here soon. It is just too large and growing far too fast for my little tank.

On another note I am going to premium aquatics tomorrow :happydance:

Just have to wait and see what I find!!!

Okay so I almost didnt go to Premium Aquatics today... glad I did! They are getting tons and tons of new livestock in.

I got a few new things but had to hold back and not get too much stuff.

I ended up purchasing a rock of rics... don't know if they are yumas of fl rics. I will post some pics later. It was $18 for the rock and I think I counted 6 mouths on it maybe more if the little ones that looked bleached make it.

I also got some pulsing xenia that I cut into 2 frags.

The last purchase was a false perc for my other one. Even fish need friends!

I will post some pics tomorrow.

I know the pics are not the best... i need new batteries.

Here is the rics

PICT0053-1.jpg

PICT0051-2.jpg

Here is a FTS

PICT0056-2.jpg

I need to move some stuff around. The Frogspawn is not opening up as much now that there is more flow getting to it.

It is also hidding some of the zoas and palys.

What do you think about the new coral?

I want to get some of those krolia nano powerheads and remove the maxijet400, and elite mini pump.

Might have to do that when PA gets them back in.

Anyone think 2 would be too much for my tank?

The orange things on the Gorgonian pic look like Tunicates to me. Could be sponge but I think Tunicates.

Looks like it is getting pretty full. Time for a bigger tank......... :bling: :bling:

Hey thanks for the ID! They are tunicates. I found them when I was moving around the rock and I hope the stay around they look neat.

The tank is starting to get filled a little. No bigger tank untill I get out of this apartment and into a house.

I think I will go with a 40 breeder and set this tank up as a seahorse tank.

But for now I am going to see how much stuff I can cram in here!

Do you have a link to your tank?

I have been thinking about a seahorse tank myself. Seahorses and Pipefish and plants.

Cramming you tank may cause some chemical warfare problems so just be aware of that.

Here is a link to my tank and what I am planning on. Long tread so you may not want to go there.

http://michiganreefers.com/forums/showthre...ighlight=spanko

Here is one where I have posted the changes my tank has gone through.

http://michiganreefers.com/forums/showthre...ange+inevitable

It is a 29 gallon Oceanic bio-cube.

I think I am going to try and get one other euphyllia and then just fill the tank with LPS and softies.

I am planning on upgrading the lighting to 3x 40W PCs... maybe 4x 40W if I get a chiller.

120W to 160W of PC should be able to keep anything that I plan on keeping in this tank happy!

There shouldnt be too much warfar between different LPS should there?

Dang Patrick your tanks is coming along really nice. Its becomeing one of the better ones ive seen on here!!! Did you ever get that extra hood with the chiller??

Thanks for the comment!

I am going to do another re-aquascaping because I am not satisified with it right now.

I got a teal and purple yuma at premium aquatics saturday and glued it to a rock. I will take pics of that later this week when it gets settled in.

Then I think I am going to attemp to propagate it. Wish me luck.

I am going to be fragging some xenia, candycane, and zoas for you this week ross.

In other news I am currently feeding my tank with Rods Complete Reef frozen food. It is amazing!!! The entire tank goes bonkers when it hits the water.

Ingredients: Shrimp, scallop, oyster, clam, Squid, octopus, enriched brine, krill, mysis, grouper, Red Plankton, broccoli, carrots, colliflower, Red Nori, green nori, selco, garlic, Golden pearlsTM (all sizes) DTs oyster eggsTM, nutra rose powder, fresh rotifers, fresh baby brine.

I like it a lot and am feeding it every other day. I am also feeding dry cyclopese every once in a while.

The tank seems to like it and a little goes a long way. I use about a half inch square for the feeding and it may even be too much.

Im looking forward to hearing how the Fragging goes. I think the trading of frags could be one of my favorite parts of this hobby. I also found a Video that you might be interested in the link is:

http://www.wax32.com/videos/borneman.wmv

This is one of the most informative videos ive ever seen. Tells how to frag almost anything and give little tips along the way. Ive also got a Wet saw that i use for work if you ever wana borrow it Patrick. It might make Fragging a little easier sometimes. Just watch the video and you will see.

Yeah that vid is cool.

I just got done choping you aff a candycane frag, xenia, some green palys with bright green zoas, and mounting you a yuma.

On another note I just got my light timers from walmart with another extension cord. Set my actinic bulb for 10 hours and 10,000K for 8.

I also fond some of the shower soap dishes to put the new frags in. These are different than the ones I have seen. They are shallow and the bottom is like egg crate so the frags fit in well!

I will take some pics later.

Nice looking tank. I just ordered an AP 24 that should get here Thursday. I'm downsizing from a 65g RR so I'm gonna have to make some decisions about what to keep and what to get rid of.

Anyway, glad to see Rod's food is working out for you. I'm thinking about going to pick some up at Coral Dynamics after I get stuff transferred over.

I'm planning to get a nanocustoms lighting upgrade (108w).

As someone who has had one of these tanks set up for a few months now, are there any suggestions you have for me? (I mean for this tank in particular)

Thanks calvin.

As far suggestions goes...

I upgraded the stock pump with a maxi jet 1200 I never even tried the stock one.

As far as water movement I want to get 2 korlia nano pumps to add to the mix. I am a big fan of water movement.

I would ditch the sponge, bioballs, and ceramic rings and put in a sapphire aquatics skimmer or fill the chaimber with rock rubble or convert to a fuge. Mine is full of rock rubble... about 20lbs. In the other chaimber I have carbon and purigen. I have a Sapphire Aquatics protien skimmer for the AP24 for sale if interested!

DO NOT BUY THE LAME A$$ STAND THEY SELL FOR IT

I hate that stand sooooo much. It holds the tank and my spectrum pellets and thats it. I hate you stupid knock down stand.

I forgot to tell you Patrick. If your bored one weekend then come down to Rushville and we can build you a stand in my dads Workshop. Theres a lumber yard about 200 yards away to buy anything that we would need.

• 2 weeks later...

Prowland:

I got the MJ 1200 to replace the stock pump but the tubing is too large for the MJ 1200. How did you overcome this? new tubing? or zip tie it onto the MJ?

Prowland:

I got the MJ 1200 to replace the stock pump but the tubing is too large for the MJ 1200. How did you overcome this? new tubing? or zip tie it onto the MJ?

Actualy i dont know why but my pump fit right on. There was a thread where someone just purchase dome extra tubing and used a plastic zip tie so I dont see any problem doing that.

On another note I got a bunch of new stuff yesterday...

Galaxia frag, Flame scallop, 5 different zoas, Maze brain, and I think an acan maybe someone could ID it for me.

I also got the sureflow mod for my maxijet and it made a complete mess out of my tank. I think that mod would work for a HUGE tank but not my AP24. It was like a snow globe in there for a few seconds. So I just cut and cut and cut on the propeller until I got the flow to where it would not blow the sand around.

On yet another note I found a GREAT LFS. It is called Paradise Reef. www.paradisereef.us The owner james was very helpfull and even cut a frag for me right while I waited. He even told me he could special order anything that I would want.

Archived