inTank Media Baskets

Prowland's Aquapod 24

Prowland

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope it looks even cooler with the 40W's in there!

Thanks for all the compliments!!

Got some new frags from atomic today... pics later

Haha... the tank is far from mature but thanks!

Okay so with the light upgrade I am going to test a green slimer frag and see how it does in the tank.

PA190123.jpg

I also got a sick LPS acan and am going to attempt to nurse it back to health. It will be sooo worth it if it comes back to life. 30+ polyps for $20...thats 67 cents a polyp!!! It glows an orangeish red under actinics.

PA190124.jpg

I am going to rearrange my tank sometime soon... maybe tomorrow!!

I want to get more sand space for a plate coral and or an open brain.

I need to clean my glass as well. I will never buy another tank with rounded corners.

Haha... the tank is far from mature but thanks!

Okay so with the light upgrade I am going to test a green slimer frag and see how it does in the tank.

PA190123.jpg

I also got a sick LPS acan and am going to attempt to nurse it back to health. It will be sooo worth it if it comes back to life. 30+ polyps for $20...thats 67 cents a polyp!!! It glows an orangeish red under actinics.

PA190124.jpg

I am going to rearrange my tank sometime soon... maybe tomorrow!!

I want to get more sand space for a plate coral and or an open brain.

I need to clean my glass as well. I will never buy another tank with rounded corners.

I feel your pain with the rounded corners.

I got tired also, so I beefed up the CUC with snails and I just live with the very lightly patchy algae film.

I quit cleaning my glass a year ago.

If you save that ACAN, that will be an awesome catch.

Cheers

Okay so a bit of an update..... I hate everyone that inspired me to clean the tank and change the aquascape!

Temp coral tank

PB300159.jpg

PB300160.jpg

PB300142.jpg

PB300143.jpg

PB300145.jpg

PB300151.jpg

PB300152.jpg

PB300153.jpg

PB300161.jpg

PB300162.jpg

PB300163.jpg

filling the tank back up after the new scaping

PB300172.jpg

I need to go get more water tomorrow and then fill er up and start testing the water and let it get through a mini cycle. I hope it goes fast!

NICE!!!!

I cant wait until you get a better picture of the aquascape

Did those orange zoa's i gave you perk up at all (i think i can see a pic of them)? Ive had trouble with them lately and the mother colony is dead. All ive got left is one polyp.

I hope you got my voicemail. I ordered a bunch of stuff from MrCoral.com. Im sure if you want anything from there you could still get it put on my shipping. I got my B&W Auzzie Clownfish, AWESOME, i got a big rock of purple clove polyp, a rock of blue zoas, and a rock of blueish ring zoas that ive never seen before.

If the B&W clown doesnt get along with the clown i have now, them im gonna keep buying clowns until i get a pair that will become friends. If they fight, would you be interested taking my other clown for free??? Its a beautiful clownfish, but i cant risk this new one.

Yeah the zoas you fragged me are finnaly open. I was about to give up on them and today they were wide open and great colors!

I have to pass on the clown as I am at my last fish i intend on adding. I have yet to pick what I want.

There is a lot of acans I would love to get but I am going to wait till my tank gets back in order.

I went to PA and Paradise today and got some carbon and media bags. Paradise has a mantis in. It was neat... next project maybe.

The tank has cleared up and is about to get filled all the way up.

Pics later.

here is a pic of the new scape... hope it cycles quick so I can get my coral back in the tank!

PC020175.jpg

Nice scape Prow. Hurry and get all those good looking coral back in the tank and post pics!

OR you could just let me have your coral. :P

Thanks Jason

I really dont like the lack of coraline on my rocks right now but that will change in time.

I am really excited about getting the coral back in and placed where I want it.

Were are you located. I am big on trading stuff so just let me know if you are close and want to trade anything.

I got my 1st 40W bulb to replace on of the 10000k bulbs with. The 40W bulb is a 50/50. I am thinking of doing 2 50/50 and a dual actinic in the middle as I like the bluish tint.

Thanks Jason

I really dont like the lack of coraline on my rocks right now but that will change in time.

I am really excited about getting the coral back in and placed where I want it.

Were are you located. I am big on trading stuff so just let me know if you are close and want to trade anything.

I got my 1st 40W bulb to replace on of the 10000k bulbs with. The 40W bulb is a 50/50. I am thinking of doing 2 50/50 and a dual actinic in the middle as I like the bluish tint.

I'm kinda on the northwest side by I65. I don't have much to trade yet as I'm letting it grow in but eventually I'll be able to frag some eagle eyes and bright orange zoas. I also have a lot of yellow polyps if you are interested.

I work out on 79th and zionsville road...

I do have an extra rock with pulsing xenia on it if your interested. I will pass on the yellow polyps right now.

Would take some eagle eyes whenever your ready to frag.

I am going to test my water tonight and see how its doing.

Hey we are pretty close and I would love some xenia!

I fragged one polyp of my eagle eyes. It ended up being a little rougher than expected to separate it from the colony so I'm going to give it a week or so and make sure it looks ok. But then I am defiantly up for a trade.

I love the new rockwork!!!! Ill be fragging some of the new stuff soon for you. I got a ton of Eye of Rah, Blue star Zoa's, and Sweet Clove Polyps.

Let me know when the frags are ready and I will try and get you some of that acan cut off if its healthy by then.

I am going to put the new 40W 50/50 bulb in tonight. Along with a water test to see where the tank is in the cycle.

I really wish I could keep this frag tank set up!

I ordered one of those nano pumps from fraggelreef.com. I am really hoping that it fits where I am planning on placing it.

I HATE WAITING ON THE CYCLE TO COMPLETE!!!

I need to get some more snails. I am thinking about 6 nassarius vibex, 6 certh, and 2 trochus snails. I still have about 6 hermits in the tank.

I also can't decide on what will be my last fish for this tank.

I currently have a sixline, 2 false percs, and a yellow watchman goby.

Any suggestions???

Nice new 'scape. Should look really nice when filled in. BTW what bulb config are you running now? Also, how are the temps doing with the lighting mod? I have an AP24 with two new stock hoods, that I plan to set up eventually.

Archived