Coral Vue Hydros

Prowland's Aquapod 24

Prowland

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hows the tank been doing lately?? i got my frag tank up and running today so if you wana put anything in it your more than welcome too.

• 2 weeks later...
Hows the tank been doing lately?? i got my frag tank up and running today so if you wana put anything in it your more than welcome too.

updates?

Okay.... so one of the worst things that can happen to a tank did last night.

I work second shift and I get a phone call from my girl saying the power is out and has been for about 30 mins.

I am so not prepared for power outages! I have always lived a block away from the hospital and was on there grid so I got their backup power after at the longest ~2 mins with power being out. Now I live in an apartment.

So I tell the boss I have to leave asap.

On the way home I go to meijers and pick up a gas generater 1000W. It just so happened to be $50 off!

So I get that, a 40' extension cord, and a 5 gal gas container.

I go get gas and go home.

I forgot to mention we are under a tornado warning and there had been touchdowns in the area!! It is also about 1 degreees F outside.

I get the whole thing set up on my balcony on the 2nd story and realize that the generator is a 2 stroke and needs the gas oil mix.

So I go back out and head towards the local wal-mart as it is the closest thing open at midnight.

There are cop cars everywhere and I get surrounded in the wal-mart parking lot by about 4-5 cars they come to my car with guns pointed at me.

Luckly the guy they were looking for was black and I didnt fit the description. He was however driving a simmilar color and size car. After a quick search I get let go.

So half scared and pissed at the same time I run into wal-mart and get the oil mix.

I get back home and add the oil mix and get the generator going.

The tank is a little pissed but I think everything is going to pull through. The neighbors are probibly a lot pissed as it was a gas motor running untill 4:30am right outside on the balcony.

What a night.

wow that sucks that you had to go through all that but im glad all your stuff is gonna make it. The power never went off at my house but i had the generator out and was ready incase it did. im gonna be heading to see james tomorrow nite and ill probably be heading to the city for a day of coral fun at all the LFS. If your not doing anything then your welcome to join me.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I would have caught that post when you were lfs hoppin.

As far as updates I have added a Rena xP1 canister filter to the tank to help with some particle filtration. I got a great deal from paradise reef on the canister... 2 NIB for $65 total!! I also just picked up a bio cube 14g for $40 there as well.

As for the canister filter mod I still need to cut the notches in the hood to get it to close properly... but i think it is going to work out well.

My GSP is growing like mad! I am going have to start cutting the stuff and giving it away at the rate it is growing. ROSS IF YOU WANT SOME COME BY AND I WILL CUT YOU SOME. That goes for anyone local as well. I got a frag about half the sixe of a dime and it is now baseball size.

Also my RPE's frome mvite are starting to sprout up faster!

I went to premium aquatics today as well to get some snails and walked out with a tiny mantis shrimp for free!! It is in my bc14 that is set up at the parents house. He will be free to a good home when he gets bigger and they are ready for coral.

save me a frag of the GSP and ill give you a frag of the Sweet clove polyps that i have. they are really taking off. Nice pickup on the mantis. I have been really tempted to get one for my frag tank. I also have you a few nice zoa frags (lime green, pinks, and off blues.)if your going to frag your frogspawn soon, i might take a head from you if you dont mind. im gonna try and keep mainly zoas and euphillia in my frag tank.

Yeah I got a few things but no amazing deals like I thought there would be. The loose red shrooms were still $12 a pop and he wanted $60 for the coco worm so I told him that I would pass.

I ended up getting a good cuc for my 14g BC at the parents, bangi cardinal, bicolor pseudochromis, and a monti cap.

P1010272.jpg

I really hope this cap works in my tank. The color is awsome!!

P1010289.jpg

There is that cpr hob fuge that I have been thanking about getting but I dont know if I really need another thing hanging off my ap.

Thanks H20.

There was some really nice purple in a bucket that someone brought into the store. They must of had one that was the size of a basketball because it filled 1/4 of a 5g bucket. I will wait and see how this one does after a month or 2 before I get another color.

wow, i thought you would get some better deals than that. ohh well. The Monti cap looks awesome, i hope you can keep the color on it. PA didnt have too much yesterday either and the list was really long so i decided to just pick up a damsel and a new cleaner shrimp on my way home at uncle bills.

I want a cleaner shrimp for my tank... I never freakin see my blood red :angry:

I am going to go test the tank at the parents this week and see if it is ready for coral.

• 2 weeks later...

The red is starting to come along nicely and the teal is starting to puff up and get all its flesh back. I cant wait on this one to heal... its going to make one heck of a center piece. Its about 35 heads in total.

So I went to paradise reef again today and got some all pink palys and some other various green and orange zoas. I mounted them on some boston frag plugs and put them on the soapdish frag rack. I really need to order one of those nice ones from http://www.mag-racks.com/index.htm.

I think I am going to pass on the auto top off untill I set up a larger tank. This will be when I get a house. I was just having trouble justifying the cost when it only replaces my lazyness. I think I am going to go for a 75g display with a 75g refugium/sump.

The canister filter is doing an awsome job! I do have a question about it use. Can you use filter floss in the canister or do I need to buy filter pad that is for it?

I fragged my frogspawn for Atomic along with a small start of GSP. I also cut a frag of candycane for his buddy. I am excited because that is about 20+ heads I have fragged from that candycane. It was one of my first corals. I have had it for a little over 2 years!!!

I will have to take some pics after I clean the glass tomorrow.

Yeah I got a few things but no amazing deals like I thought there would be. The loose red shrooms were still $12 a pop and he wanted $60 for the coco worm so I told him that I would pass.

I ended up getting a good cuc for my 14g BC at the parents, bangi cardinal, bicolor pseudochromis, and a monti cap.

P1010272.jpg

I really hope this cap works in my tank. The color is awsome!!

P1010289.jpg

There is that cpr hob fuge that I have been thanking about getting but I dont know if I really need another thing hanging off my ap.

good stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks jonathanS.

Well I came home to a tank at 87.5 degrees F! WTF??? Everything is very pissed at the moment.

I have opened the top and put the fan on it. I am also currently running bags of ice in it to drop the temp.

This sucks!!!!!!!!!!

Nick's Reef
Hey thanks jonathanS.

Well I came home to a tank at 87.5 degrees F! WTF??? Everything is very pissed at the moment.

I have opened the top and put the fan on it. I am also currently running bags of ice in it to drop the temp.

This sucks!!!!!!!!!!

That sucks, I live uin Florida and in the summer my temps. never get over 83.

I had forgot to turn my fan that blows across the top of the hood back on when I finished messing inside the tank.

That along with running the 3 PC light mod is what I am saying caused my problem.

The lid is closed and the actinics are on and the temp is at a steady 77.6 F.

My fiance likes the apartment to be about 80 F in the winter and 68 F in the summer and I have not had problems untill yesterday.

Off to do a waterchange!

On a side note I think I may be getting a new job at my same place of employment with better pay and better hours.

Archived