ReefCleaners.org

Prowland's Aquapod 24

Prowland

Okay so I dont exactly know what to contribute this too.... my acan colony that I have been nursing back to health has colored up 10X since the heat wave.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats weird, but good!

Jason told me that robs mantis died. Was it in one of those little containers above the snails? anyways, congrats.

I have been battling heat issues since the intro of the additional pump. I hate having to keep the front lid open...defeats the purpose of that clean closed look.

Might be time for a fan mod. Have you changed your fans out?

I didnt change the fans but the hood I purchased had 2 upgraded fans in it.

I also cut some of the excess plastic away from inside he hood with my dremel.

With that done and a small fan blowing across it I am rock solid at 78.5 with the lights on. I have 3 32W pc bulbs in there as well instead of the 2 stock ones.

I am running a MJ1200, TUNZE mini PH, Fraggle reef nano pump, and a Rena xp1 canister filter with no issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Some updated pics!

FTS

P1010327.jpg

Acans

P1010340.jpg

P1010332.jpg

Green slimer sps, encrusting gorgonia, kenya tree, candycane

P1010346.jpg

Echino i think... kinda sick but hope it pulls through and the candycane

P1010341.jpg

Top group shot

P1010342.jpg

Small plate

P1010338.jpg

P1010363.jpg

I have taken out the $4.99 pump and replaced it eith the hydor nano pump. I am going to get another one for the other side of the tank. I really like the suction cup/magnet on this pump.

Let me know what you think about the re-arangement.

Everything looks great!!! Did your green slimmer loose some color or was it always like that. I have good growth with my sps but the color went from blue to green. I might get rid of it soon.

Bumped the pics to the next page.

Some updated pics!

FTS

P1010327.jpg

Acans

P1010340.jpg

P1010332.jpg

Green slimer sps, encrusting gorgonia, kenya tree, candycane

P1010346.jpg

Echino i think... kinda sick but hope it pulls through and the candycane

P1010341.jpg

Top group shot

P1010342.jpg

Small plate

P1010338.jpg

P1010363.jpg

I have taken out the $4.99 pump and replaced it eith the hydor nano pump. I am going to get another one for the other side of the tank. I really like the suction cup/magnet on this pump.

Let me know what you think about the re-arangement.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Text update...

I got a new light today... 250W HQI with a 14,000K bulb, I am running 2 x krolia nanos in the display and a 1200 MJ as the return, and I have media reactor running carbon.

There is some new coral that I will take pics of when I get this light mounted.

Now I need to find a good HOB skimmer... I was looking at the PM, Remora, backpack, and some other ones. I will have to look more into them to find out which will fit my needs.

I also need to find a fish to replace the 6-line I lost in the move.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Carriegiesler

Prowland,

Love the thread and thanks. I will be getting my AP 24 this weekend--I am so excited :D

Quick ? You started with a Sapphire skimmer right? Do you still have this or did it not work out. I thought I read that you were looking for a HOB. I was thinking about getting the Sapphire but would like to know your review of it first.

Thanks Carrie

Hey Carrie,

I think you will love this tank... I sure do mine! As for the sapphire skimmer it worked like a champ but in order to get the water level in the back chaimber you have to have an additional plastic part that lowers the water level. I decided that the water volume was more important for me.

I am still thinking about getting some type of hob skimmer for it now that I went open top.

Comeoe, at least a fts! Been a while Prowland, have you seen my thread in awhile? Alot has changed, I'm even getting halides, was supposed to get them yesterday but the person got home late, tomorrow should be the day.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I suck at updating this...

Here is a FTS... I have yet to hang the pendent... will do so after the coral has had some time to get adjusted to the light.

100_0579.jpg

A little closer... note the poly reactor

100_0580.jpg

This is all for now... more cloes ups later... off to check out your thread nick!

Yeah everything is getting used to the new light. The hardest hit in the switch over was the plate coral... the center is still bleached but it is looking better every day.

Thanks Nick.

I have a long weekend and should be able to get some good pics taken.

I need to get some new coral and a clam soon.

Any suggestions on a hob skimmer? I was thinking nano remora

Archived