P1010035.jpg

Surface movement with the sure flow maxijet mod... its on an mj400

P1010030-1.jpg

The clowns

P1010022.jpg

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the scallops are filter feeders but dont live too long in a home aquarium... 6 months to a year I have heard.

The Reef has them for $6.99 so I figured what the heck.

Thanks for the compliment!

holy smokes! all from the reef?

Jennifer said she was going to frag me some of her zoas from her main tank and she has some crazy colors in her pico at the check out counter.

no the only thing I got at the reef was the flame scallop... everything else there is about tripple what i would pay for it.

I found this little guy in a shell... he was free!

P1010010-3.jpg

Here is the pics from the last page....

Okay so here are some new pics...

The flame scallop

P1010001-1.jpg

P1010021-1.jpg

Frogspawn

P1010008-1.jpg

Galaxia

P1010016-1.jpg

new zoas they are brown and have a bright pink ring with purple mouth

P1010017-2.jpg

some more new zoas

P1010020-1.jpg

zoas

P1010031-1.jpg

Maze brain

P1010024-1.jpg

Acan??

P1010037-2.jpg

Xenia

P1010035.jpg

Surface movement with the sure flow maxijet mod... its on an mj400

P1010030-1.jpg

The clowns

P1010022.jpg

awesome pics. My tank is so far behind yours. gimme a few weeks and we will see major changes. im heading over to get the frag tank now. ill see what else i have up in my parents attic that we could use.

You will catch up in no time... most of the stuff I have I am fragging you off chunks!

I got a 6line today... and he LOVES Rods frozen food!

On another note, my YWG is in the back chaimber that is full of rock rubble and he is about half way down. Dumb a$$! Im am going to have to bait him out hopefuly.

You will catch up in no time... most of the stuff I have I am fragging you off chunks!

I got a 6line today... and he LOVES Rods frozen food!

On another note, my YWG is in the back chaimber that is full of rock rubble and he is about half way down. Dumb a$$! Im am going to have to bait him out hopefuly.

Prowland, NICE TANK!!!

Get yourself some 1/2 inch thick by 3/4 inch wide sticky back foam weather striping from Homedepot,lowes ect... place it sticky side on the lid following the layout of the back chamber wall. The foam tape will just about kiss the top of the wall when the hood is closed... I THINK that's whats kept my Dumba$$ YWG and clowns out of the back yard! I figure if they ever make it through the 1/16 gap then they REALLY want to live back there so thats where they will stay :P

BTW are you running stock PC lighting? In hind sight I should have picked up the aquapod with sunpod :( being a cheap bastard I'll now end up spending MORE to get better lighting :angry: anyway if you're using stock PC it gives me an idea of what I can get once I'm ready for coral's( 2 month old tank,4 Fish/40lb LR for now)

Prowland, NICE TANK!!!

Get yourself some 1/2 inch thick by 3/4 inch wide sticky back foam weather striping from Homedepot,lowes ect... place it sticky side on the lid following the layout of the back chamber wall. The foam tape will just about kiss the top of the wall when the hood is closed... I THINK that's whats kept my Dumba$$ YWG and clowns out of the back yard! I figure if they ever make it through the 1/16 gap then they REALLY want to live back there so thats where they will stay :P

BTW are you running stock PC lighting? In hind sight I should have picked up the aquapod with sunpod :( being a cheap bastard I'll now end up spending MORE to get better lighting :angry: anyway if you're using stock PC it gives me an idea of what I can get once I'm ready for coral's( 2 month old tank,4 Fish/40lb LR for now)

I think I am goinf to cut some acrylic to make something simmilar to what you are talking about. Not sure if the foam is safe or not. But thanks for the suggestion!

I am currently running stock lighting but will be soon putting up an extra bulb and changing all of them to 40W bulbs.

modified20hood20moonlights.jpg

The maze brain, galaxia, and acans are the only thing that i have not sucessfuly kept under the stock lighting... everything else has done well in my tank thus far.

So candycane, zoas, frogspawn, xenia, palys, yumas, and fl rics have all been sucessfuly kept with the stock lighting.

Thanks for the compliments.

Ross I think it is almost imposible to get a pic of the 6-line... they are soo fast!

prowland...if you ever frag I will definately pick up and pay you retail prices. Just to buy from a reputible source is hard to come by.

I am thinking a light upgrade too. I just have NO idea where to start.

I have been thinking about setting up a frag tank for a while now... just dont have the room in the apartment.

I will however frag anything in my tank when it gets to a decent size and you are more than welcome to purchase some from me... however they will be cheaper than retail ;)

Okay so the flame scallop has gpne mia... and here i sit a tad bit confused. That thing was too small to go mia. I mean seriously wtf!

Hope he turns up!

I am setting up a 2.5g for me to look at when I am at work.

I am using an aga 2.5g

Strip light on top that says 20W... need to find a bulb!!!

Wisper 5-15 hob

25W finnex titanium heater

P1010063.jpg

Might start a thread on it when I get it to work...

lol i just noticed that you got that maze brain. I went to Paradise Reef to get that piece and James told me that it had sold a few days before, but he had its "brother". So it looks like we have the 2 frags off the brain maze coral.

Yeah! They were both cool I just snaged the smaller of the 2.

I was there today to trade a guy a frag for a 15g.

I tried to buy a skunk cleaner shrimp while I was there and he was having trouble catching it so he said he would sell me a blood red cleaner shrimp for the same price! $12.00!!! That was a great deal.

I am starting to like this place better than premium aquatics!

He is going to order me a green bubble tip anemone this wed!

I have been having trouble reaching Japsican about the hood I bought from him. He has gone MIA and I dont know if he shipped or not and have started a paypal dispute with him. I am going to make a claim monday if I havent heard from him.

That being said I am going to have to start looking for someone else to sell me a ap24 hood.

Your frags are ready whenever you are. Xenia, 3 heads of candycane, cool little zoa with red dot, mean green paly with some green zoa frag, and some wammin watermelon zoas.

The yuma didnt attach with the glue and floated away. I should have you one of them in the next month or so that I am going to use the bridal mesh way of attaching it.

I will try and get a good pic of the blood shrimp if he ever comes out of the rockwork tomorrow.

A little late in the thread but, where did the third light come from? Stock it only comes with two. Was it a pic of the soon to be mod? And if so, where should I go to find out more?

I am buying a AP24 compact fluorescent tonight because I cannot justify spending twice as much for the 150w HQI version ($179 versus 329) And I already have a 30g with a 150w MH and 128w cf.

Atomic081: Yeah that guy loves to hook me up! Insert shameless plug: www.paradisereef.us

paca444: Yeah that is a pic of the soon to be mod on my stock hood... follow the links provided by keepher. I bought the pc version because I wanted the closed top. It was an engagement gift and this was the one I liked best.

keepher: I tried to find those links to your thread for a while and could not for the life of me locate them. Thanks for posting them here!

On another note I got a tracking number from Japsican on the hood I ordered finaly!! I can't wait to get it and get this mod going.

I also purchased a dremil the other day. What a great little gadget. It should make the mod and fragging coral that much easier. I purchased the re-enforced cutting disks per James' suggestion. He fragged me that sweet acan lord while I waited at paradise reef.

Right now my 4 fav things about this hobby are:

www.paradisereef.us LFS

Rods Food ~complete reef frozen food

www.premiumaquatics.com LFS

and DIY stuff with my aquapod

Chop shop time!!

The hoods

PA120072.jpg

Stock hood guts

PA120073.jpg

Wood cut for place to screw ballist in also shows upgraded fans

PA120078.jpg

hole drilled to fit over stock post

PA120079.jpg

cut out added for wires to 3rd ballist

PA120075.jpg

PA120077.jpg

used the dremil to cut some excess plastic for better flow

PA120076.jpg

I still need to get some insulation for the directing of the air flow simmilar to the ones used in keephers diy thread on cooling.

I also need to install the rocker switch for the third light. That is only 2 wires and can be done anytime. I was in a hurry so I skipped that step.

All in all this mod took me about 2 hours considering the dremil was not charged, and I had to run to the hardware store and get lunch while doing it.

Archived