Innovative Marine Aquariums

MarvinsReef Zoas Dominated Reef....

MarvinsReef

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very Nice Marv

Can they take more intense lighting?

Looks like they are loving their new home B)

Izzue

VannReefer87

are those Acan Maxima's?..My Bowerbanki Acan is freakin huge..the one polyp is about 2'' wide!

MarvinsReef

as far as we know, they're only lords.. I dunno which kind but I really really like them.. :)

I've been after them since I saw them on a friend's tank and my friend decided to let them go along with some very awesome looking micros.. man, I wish I can afford more but I was only able to give home to a few pieces.. I hope to keep them as happy as they were at their old home coz I plan to give a frag back to my friend when the time comes.. :)

I hope to bring home another eye candy echino if my friend decides to let it go.. <<cross fingers>>

thanks guys for the kudos... :D

MarvinsReef

Guard Dawgs Inspection!

Hoody (Hooded fairy wrasse) checking out any snack from the newly arrived corals... I think he and Stripes (Laboutei fairy wrasse) did get some snacks from the new LR arrivals... :)

check out the size of that lords...

Group_05-02-07_1P.jpg

this shot I just cropped Hoody so you can see him closer.. :)

Hooded_05-02-07P.jpg

and this one just because I finally got a good shot of the female Rhomboid.. :)

Rhomboid_05-02-07P.jpg

omg..that's the most beautiful tank I've had the pleasure of lookin at. very colorful and healthy lookin. nice work.

question: how do you keep the zoos in that rounded shape? is that from the rock rubble structure? or some careful zoa placement? thanks!

MarvinsReef
omg..that's the most beautiful tank I've had the pleasure of lookin at. very colorful and healthy lookin. nice work.

question: how do you keep the zoos in that rounded shape? is that from the rock rubble structure? or some careful zoa placement? thanks!

Thank you very much.. :)

for the rocks that I use, I normally shape them to form a little mound when I attach new zoas frags.. I just let them grow out from there on... try finding mound shaped LR at your LFS or make them yourself by shaping them with bonecutters or the like tools.. I also like using branch rocks to attach zoas and grow them on.. :)

good luck...

Hey Marvin have you posted that Acan pic in the LPS forum ar RC?? It would be a great one to add to the Maxima discussion. It looks more like one than many of the others people have posted.

MarvinsReef
Hey Marvin have you posted that Acan pic in the LPS forum ar RC?? It would be a great one to add to the Maxima discussion. It looks more like one than many of the others people have posted.

not yet.. maybe I will.. :)

ezcompany
Cherry_1P.jpg

Cherry_2P.jpg

CherryCl_1P.jpg

IndependenceP.jpg

Cherry_3P.jpg

FWAP_05-05-07P.jpg

JealousyP.jpg

Cherrylords_1P.jpg

Cherrylords_2P.jpg

can you stop, its starting to hurt.....

(pls add the last micro to my list)

To funny EZ...

Marv its not hurting to bad...but I will mention I check your thread and the Micromussa thread each day before I look back at any post I made...lol

Awesome...keep them coming...didnt realize their where so many morphs in

existance...I think yu ve already pasted the 15 marker :P

:bowdown:

Izzue

MarvinsReef
can you stop, its starting to hurt.....

(pls add the last micro to my list)

I'm gonna try to only limit myself to posting a couple of pics every week.. it will be kinda hard but I'll try.. ;)

micro list is getting bigger and bigger.. ;)

To funny EZ...

Marv its not hurting to bad...but I will mention I check your thread and the Micromussa thread each day before I look back at any post I made...lol

Awesome...keep them coming...didnt realize their where so many morphs in

existance...I think yu ve already pasted the 15 marker :P

:bowdown:

Izzue

:lol:

Thanks buddy...

yeah, during this week, I will be erasing another name or two of the micro list, I hope.. liquidation is still on progress but slowly though.. sometimes, it's really hard to let go of frags... ;)

MarvinsReef
Where do you usually get all of your coral?

I'm fortunate to live local to a some of the more hardcore reefkeepers and have also hooked up with a bunch of great guys to trade with last year... I've also bought a few nicer pieces from online sources..

just keep your eye open on the "good stuff" and you'll find them... :)

MarvinsReef
keep it coming, great eye candy for sure!

btw, what kind of camera are you using?

I'll get the name of the camera again later when I get home... :)

but for now, hope you guys like this pic.. :D

Group_05-05-07P.jpg

MarvinsReef
mavin can i get on a list for that fat red micro =] it's massive!

yeah, I love 'em... when they're fully expanded, they're about 2" across (being conservative)

Archived