ReefCleaners.org

MarvinsReef Zoas Dominated Reef....

MarvinsReef

Marv,

The pics are simply AMAZING. B)

Where did you get that awesome pink yuma? I saw one at a LFS today but it was $200. :o

Stan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MarvinsReef

Thanks for the kudos guys... :D :D

Marv,

The pics are simply AMAZING. B)

Where did you get that awesome pink yuma? I saw one at a LFS today but it was $200. :o

Stan

LFS about a year ago... I'm very happy that it has lived this long and hope to keep it for a long while... :)

I think I paid around $150-$175 for it.. I know it's crazy but I really wanted it at the time... :D

What kind of lighting are you using again?

250w MH DE w/ 14k Phoenix

MarvinsReef

updated shots of the other micros.. :D

Purple Haze

PurpleHaze_04-12-07P.jpg

Grape Slurpee / Joker XL

JokelXL_04-12-07P.jpg

Toxic Green

ToxicGreen_04-12-07P.jpg

a new one.. :D

kpkMicro_04-11-07P.jpg

kpkMicroP.jpg

kpkMicroClP.jpg

MarvinsReef
marvin did you aquire most of your coral from trades?

yup.. :D

most of them from last year's fiasco... it got really old fast... ;)

I'm aiming for more streamline cleaner looking tank now.. oh newbie mistakes... gotta learn from 'em right?

marvin in a few months/years/ or when ever you're ready to frag out some ppe let me know. as of right now i have 3 different morph of PPE but cant seem to get a solid purple centered one -_________-

MarvinsReef
marvin in a few months/years/ or when ever you're ready to frag out some ppe let me know. as of right now i have 3 different morph of PPE but cant seem to get a solid purple centered one -_________-

both morphs I have are growing out now... :)

just joined the PPE experiment here... :D

here's a pic the frags... some are already IOU's and are going out next week.. I'm only left with (2) 1 polyp frag of each morph.. I managed to split an adult polyp in half in the process of fragging them.. :(

PPEExp_04-14-07P.jpg

Speckled ones..

PPEsBefFragP.jpg

All purple ones...

PPEBefFragP.jpg

Holy Micro!!!!

You now we be known as ...Micro Marv!!!!

:bowdown:

More Awesome stuff sir... Keep the great pics coming.

Izzue

ive been doing the same experiment except with armageddons. 2 polyp into 4 within 2-3 weeks (i have to check when i did it). i think this slicing up the membrane works fairly well. btw what type of camera are you using?

MarvinsReef
Holy Micro!!!!

You now we be known as ...Micro Marv!!!!

:bowdown:

More Awesome stuff sir... Keep the great pics coming.

Izzue

Thanks...

btw, here's a new piece I just got yesterday... very very promising.. doc's Chillies

ChilliesP.jpg

ive been doing the same experiment except with armageddons. 2 polyp into 4 within 2-3 weeks (i have to check when i did it). i think this slicing up the membrane works fairly well. btw what type of camera are you using?

Canon PowerShot SD800 IS

both morphs I have are growing out now... :)

just joined the PPE experiment here... :D

here's a pic the frags... some are already IOU's and are going out next week.. I'm only left with (2) 1 polyp frag of each morph.. I managed to split an adult polyp in half in the process of fragging them.. :(

PPEExp_04-14-07P.jpg

Speckled ones..

PPEsBefFragP.jpg

All purple ones...

PPEBefFragP.jpg

:o:o:tears:

gah. just... gah. amazing.

I have a specific question if you don't mind though. I noticed you had a frag of Duncans coral. Ill be getting a single head of this and i was wondering what you thought about this coral? how fast does yours grow, hi/lo flow, do you feed etc.? there isn't much info on this coral available.

and again... gah.

MarvinsReef

Thank you again... and again.. :D

gah. just... gah. amazing.

I have a specific question if you don't mind though. I noticed you had a frag of Duncans coral. Ill be getting a single head of this and i was wondering what you thought about this coral? how fast does yours grow, hi/lo flow, do you feed etc.? there isn't much info on this coral available.

and again... gah.

congrats on your Duncan frag.. :)

when I got min last year, they were still fairly rare but not so much anymore since they opened the collection in Aussie (I think) that's why you're seeing more and more of them... mine is the ORA kind so it's very bright green.. from all the locations, I've put it, it was getting low to med flow and pretty good amount of light.. I didn't feed it for the longest time and just now starting feeding it.. it has put out 3 babies since feeding it the past 2-3 months... it stayed at two but it just kept getting bigger...

hope that helps.. good luck.. :)

MarvinsReef

last couple of micros I got.. only waiting for a few more and on the way to growing them to hopefully share with you guys in the near future... :D

DayDreamin micro

DayDreaminP.jpg

Sleepy Hollow micro

SleepyHollowP.jpg

I apologize for the crappy pics.. I will have a better and updated shot in about a week or two when they settle in the tank conditions.. right now, their feeders are always out so I cannot photo them in their normal looks..

Hope you don't mind a quick question about your palys...

I see you have purple death and nuclear green palys. How big are the individual polyps for you? I've heard they can get to the size of a dime/nickel and was wondering how true that is. And what kind of flow/lighting do you keep them in? I know your bulb wattage and spectrum, but I can't tell from the pic if they're at all shaded/protected from the light or if they're right under it.

Thanks :) Again, beautiful tank. Kudos for propping so much of that stuff to help out the reef and share with fellow reefers.

Archived