Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

MarvinsReef Zoas Dominated Reef....

MarvinsReef

Hi thinking about getting this tank over here in the UK. Can you please have a picture frenzy and take pics of the tank from afar, ur equipment, different angles of the tank and aslo inside ur cabinet. Tanks looking great and hoping to do the same over here.

Thanks

Andy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not baller enough yet for a wet band saw... :tears: I wish though, I priced some out and I think Sears and Harbor Freight Tools both sell ones that are pretty reasonably priced. None of that Festool bling bling mumbo jumbo, LOL! :lol:

For me, I just have a good 'ole Dremal with diamond cutoff wheel.

MarvinsReef
Hi thinking about getting this tank over here in the UK. Can you please have a picture frenzy and take pics of the tank from afar, ur equipment, different angles of the tank and aslo inside ur cabinet. Tanks looking great and hoping to do the same over here.

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy... I'll try... thanks for stopping by... :)

I'm not baller enough yet for a wet band saw... :tears: I wish though, I priced some out and I think Sears and Harbor Freight Tools both sell ones that are pretty reasonably priced. None of that Festool bling bling mumbo jumbo, LOL! :lol:

For me, I just have a good 'ole Dremal with diamond cutoff wheel.

I think the one my friend has is about $150 on e-bay...

UPDATE:

here's my other pair of Picasso's... getting along really well... almost 4 weeks since I introduced the smaller one... pics aren't the best but I wanted to share anyway... :)

Smaller one

04-22-09Clown1a.jpg

04-22-09Clown1.jpg

Grade A ORA... more than 8 months in the tank...

04-22-09Clown2a.jpg

04-22-09Clown2.jpg

MarvinsReef
How long did your radium bulb take to burn in its true colors?

I'm sorry but I don't remember how look it took but I noticed that now the bulb puts out more of a crisp blue white color instead of being on the bluer spectrum... either way, I'm happy with both color... I'm due to replace the bulb in 2-3 months so I guess I'll try to document that burn out period.... it's kinda hard to tell though since I see my tank everyday... ;)

MarvinsReef
I love picassos!

I think Harbor Freight has band saws for cheap...

thanks man... I will probably look into getting my own saw in a few months... :)

Sweet fish Marv. If you are getting a band saw, get the one with the diamond blade only. That's the only one I would recommend.

MarvinsReef
Sweet fish Marv. If you are getting a band saw, get the one with the diamond blade only. That's the only one I would recommend.

thanks Kenny... yeah, I've seen those saws in action... that's what my friend has... so much better than our old methods of hacking, I mean fragging... ;)

MarvinsReef
How big are they now? Mine seem to grow faster than any clowns I've had before.

the bigger one I've had since July 2008 and probably 5-6 months old from ORA... the smaller one is about 5 months old... the bigger one is about 1.75"-2" and the smaller one is 1"-1.25"... :)

MarvinsReef
I love the shots Marv, and you have some of the best picassos I've seen! B)

Thanks man... I guess if you're only gonna have a pair or two, might as well have the best ones you can get, right?!? ;)

the pair above is a really nice Grade A Picasso pair but I love my Snowcasso pair more... :D

ximmortaldeathx

looking good! how do you like your light bulb? does it bring out more the colors of your zoos?

where did you get your clown from?

MarvinsReef
looking good! how do you like your light bulb? does it bring out more the colors of your zoos?

where did you get your clown from?

I like the 20k Radiums a lot... the only other bulb I'll probably use with this set up is 14k Phoenix... I plan on trying the Phoenix again when it's time to change bulbs... but ofcourse, I'll have a new 20k Radium too, just in case I don't like the Phoenix... :)

pm sent about the clowns...

MarvinsReef
this tank is just crazy nice, kudos to your vision and efforts! on the heels of perfection.

WoW! thanks for the kind words... it's greatly appreciated.. thanks for stopping by... hopefully, the tank will get better as it matures... :)

• 2 weeks later...
MarvinsReef

here's some pics taken by a friend of mine... he's currently babysittin' my chalices... I'll get 'em back next month when I get back from a trip... I'm not sure what the lighting combo is with these shots but I know they were taken under T-5 lighting... enjoy!!! :)

JR_RSCRainbow.jpg

JR_PB.jpg

JR_OrigME.jpg

JR_FFRed.jpg

JR_HellsKitchen.jpg

Archived