Cultivated Reef

WTB Gravity in a jar

the_anti_honda

mascencerro
dang, how are you guys keeping gravity? i thought it only survived in coldwater/temperate conditions

you're thinking of anti-gravity in a jar

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll frag it and send you a replacement. :)

Awesome! I will send you paypal right now!!!!! :)

dang, how are you guys keeping gravity? i thought it only survived in coldwater/temperate conditions

You must have had the iceland morph. This south beach morph produces a strange frosty outer shell if it gets too cold.

you're thinking of anti-gravity in a jar

Darn, I hope I didn't wake my family because it's like 1 AM here and they're all asleep but that made me LOL!

mine just died b/c my larger blue gravity just killed my new purple frag! They are so aggressive!

Also remember not to let the tank get past 85F, they wont open as nicely.

thats a good thing, my tank only gets around 2500F in the summer, so they might close up, but they wont melt

Im really mad!, my blue gravity just ate my clownfish!!! and it wont open up so I can get him out!

Ok, I opened it up and stuck a heater inside, and they are soaking in some beer overnight. I think the problem was that it was rotting b/c it wasnt opening. I hope it doesnt die!

I still cant get my clownfish out of my jar!!! HELP!

mascencerro
No. FW dip with beer.

It looks like they're already pickled, adding more alcohol would only make matters worse wouldn't it? Try throwing some bread, coffee, and tylenol in there, leave the lights off for about 18 hours, and see if that doesn't help a little. Of course, to keep them from doing it again, you'll need to put them in a treatment or rehab program, or at least AA.

Scott Riemer

I swear, the advice in this thread is all over the place. Do your research people before you try to keep such a delicate species. Go to RC and ask for some "expert" ;) advice before you cause your tank to crash. :D

I say we start the same thread on RC... mwah ha ha!

5 bucks says it gets closed, and someone gets a warning ;)

thats a good thing, my tank only gets around 2500F in the summer, so they might close up, but they wont melt

Im really mad!, my blue gravity just ate my clownfish!!! and it wont open up so I can get him out!

I thnk we need a pic of that!!

Guys don't you know that this is wild collected? You're depleting our natural reserves of gravity! Have you no soul?!

fraggle rockette
here's a colony i plan to frag soon ..

personal.jpg

and here's my propagation tanks

f00950_4.jpg

f00949.jpg

f00932_4.jpg

omg... you guys are redic.... I LOVE IT!!! :happydance:

p.s. can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong with mine? it just doesn't seem to grow very fast...

origami_jar.jpg

(and before someone starts breathing flames about copper, no the penny isn't in the tank- just using it to show the size :happy:)

Archived