ReefCleaners.org

SoCal Meet N' Swap III

Asin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fraggle rockette

if im bringing mushies/zoas do i need to set up a tank too or can i put them in baggies in a cooler? so much to think about!!! omgomgomg

Damn nice pook. What do you call them? They look like black opals or a nebula. Crazy nice. Might have to put myself on the list for these. Do you have an asking price or a list of frags worthy of trading for these zoas, haha?

if im bringing mushies/zoas do i need to set up a tank too or can i put them in baggies in a cooler? so much to think about!!! omgomgomg

Ask around if you can let your bags float in the provided tanks, otherwise in a cooler should be OK I'd think...

Kenny, those are some bada$$ palys! What are they called and how much for a frag?!? :o

fraggle rockette
Ask around if you can let your bags float in the provided tanks, otherwise in a cooler should be OK I'd think...

thanks... i'll only have a few bags if that, so... anyone with some float space? otherwise, it's time for the shady white cooler to make an appearance :D

Thanks everyone. I haven't even thought about pricing yet since these are the only 5 polyps I have. No names yet but it may soon :D If I do decide to frag them, I'll probably look for some kind of trade and it doesn't have to be palys in return. I am pretty sure these are unique but it just feels funny asking a lot of $$$ for them.

thanks! i feed everything phyto feast and arcti pods, both from reed mariculture (http://www.reefnutrition.com/), and target feed the orals a little of each. everything in the tank loves it- i guess im just not patient enough with the canes... oh, and as for the so-cal nr club, :grouphug: lol.

If you can't wait for the meet, then PTF is only LFS around that carries the P.E. brand frozen mysis is flat packs. B)

Who wants to frag up my blue colony for me? :P

thanks... i'll only have a few bags if that, so... anyone with some float space? otherwise, it's time for the shady white cooler to make an appearance :D

The easiest thing to do is probably to bring them in those white deli containers with the lids. You can get them at Smart and Final in different sizes. They work well b/c you can take the lids off for people to see the frags. It's kind of hard to get a clear look through the bags. HTH.

fraggle rockette
If you can't wait for the meet, then PTF is only LFS around that carries the P.E. brand frozen mysis is flat packs. B)

do you think frozen is better than liquid? i'll try some if it is... also, blue colony!?!?!? i'll bring my dremel!!! :D

(serious tho, are you fragging it? i have some orange zoos and some green zoos or striped mushies that i'd trade for a few of those- interested? pics?)

The easiest thing to do is probably to bring them in those white deli containers with the lids. You can get them at Smart and Final in different sizes. They work well b/c you can take the lids off for people to see the frags. It's kind of hard to get a clear look through the bags. HTH.

thanks- i'll grab some of those maybe!

I'll help ya frag them, boss. Just let me clear a weekend and we'll hook it up. You still owe me pizza and beer!

Asin Ill take the 10 gallon if you can bring it....EZ and reef apprentice lets use the 10 gallon instead of the 5.5 more room for us.... Ill bring 10 gallons of water for us (have to do a water change anyways) and 2 small powerheads....Reef apprentice you bring the light....EZ buys us lunch and we should have a deal! :)

Tom, 10 gallon is yours.

ReefApprentice

K, I can bring an eggcrate rack for the frags too. I am guessing its going to be either zoas or SPS, so ill just make a shelf 3" from the surface to get maximum light.

i got a CLEAN :P 10 gallon that i can being if any needs it and a MB7 w/ a 40w CF Current fixture for anyone bringing softies. oh yeah, and a maxi-jet 900 (probably gonna be used with the MB if anyone wants to use it)

very nice frogs Pheallox. are you bringing more than one head?

I will bring any thing I have for any one I just dont want to throw any thing in a tank and hang out all day ( damn wife) just pm me I have candy canes frogspawn and red slash brown zoas also some xinia just pm me.

Scott Riemer

Sorry to interject here, but, I gotta say, I love how this thread is already on Page 8 and everytime one of these SoCal Swaps comes around, these threads get huge. SoCal power! Looking forward to the info on the SoCal Nano-Reefer Club Asin!

Sorry to interject here, but, I gotta say, I love how this thread is already on Page 8 and everytime one of these SoCal Swaps comes around, these threads get huge. SoCal power! Looking forward to the info on the SoCal Nano-Reefer Club Asin!

I agree. Its also nice to see how good SoCal reefers get along and help eachother out. I am really happy with the outcome so far on these meets. I just hope they keep getting bigger and bigger. The bigger they get, the more promotion I can get on it and thus have more raffles/give aways.

Scott, I'm pretty close to announcing some info on the SCNR club.

-Iz

Adin, got two of my bay area mini carpets with the bright pink/purple mouths if you want to check them out. Also got another one that has no red. Pretty interesting looking.

photo!

I agree. Its also nice to see how good SoCal reefers get along and help eachother out. I am really happy with the outcome so far on these meets. I just hope they keep getting bigger and bigger. The bigger they get, the more promotion I can get on it and thus have more raffles/give aways.

Scott, I'm pretty close to announcing some info on the SCNR club.

-Iz

:grouphug:

Archived