Innovative Marine Aquariums

SoCal Meet N' Swap III

Asin

Kerry, sounds like a plan.

Anybody want some pulsing silverback xenia? I have a frag or two ready to go.

Pro, I'm interested in trading for the Surf and Turf, and Bennet Tort. You interested? Did you get the S&T from Greg directly? Also, what difference do you see between the Bennet and Cali torts?

Adin, got two of my bay area mini carpets with the bright pink/purple mouths if you want to check them out. Also got another one that has no red. Pretty interesting looking.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I forgot to add I might have a korilia 1 pump available also I will keep you guys up dated also all dry goods I have I am up to trade for corals

thanks

Pro, I'm interested in trading for the Surf and Turf, and Bennet Tort. You interested? Did you get the S&T from Greg directly? Also, what difference do you see between the Bennet and Cali torts?

What do you want to trade me? Yes the surf in turf is straight from greg carroll's tank...The bennett is straight from badbones which got the colony from bennet and split it with the fragfarmer owner. The cali tort has more green with blue tips while the bennet has very little green and is more blue (there is also some purple in there) They are bot nice but I will only have 2 frags of cali and I think they are sold already....The bennet I can make 3-4 1 inch frags...

Sounds good Kerry! B)

Fraggle, I have a cane frag I got from EZcompany sometime last year, and I got it with 11 heads, it's grown 2-3 new ones since, so it grows rather fast. Anywho for a long while I was feeding it P.E. (Pascine Energetics brand) whole mysis to EACH head. I'd also feed it a soupy mix I made using Vita Chem, Zoo-Plex, Reef-Roids, cyclo-peeze and crushed Formula 2 flakes. This mix is tried and true for me and my corals loved it when I'd make it. My clwon fish and cleaner shrimp loved it too, lol! I can whittle you up a batch and bring to the meet if you'd like.

This is awesome. SoCal peeps taking care of eachother, its wonderful.

Good job SoCaler's!!

P.S.

I hope to have some new info on the creation of the "Southern California Nano-Reefers Club" soon. :)

-Iz

This is awesome. SoCal peeps taking care of eachother, its wonderful.

Good job SoCaler's!!

P.S.

I hope to have some new info on the creation of the "Southern California Nano-Reefers Club" soon. :)

-Iz

sniff...just...so beautiful...sniff

I may be able to make it if my wife is willing to babysit the 2 kids alone :D If I do make it, I'll post up some stuff for trade/sale as we get closer to the date.

So how much room is there going to be for this? Are there any tables or are we going to be standing? What should I bring? small frag tank? Light?

Light pinks - $2 a polyp

dark pinks with yellow/neon green mouth - $3 a polyp

Dege pinks (most neon pink I have ever seen) $10 a polyp

baby blue with green skirt $2 a polyp

I probably have some more Ithat are ready....I have to look

Hey pro, got any pix of these? Thanks.

So how much room is there going to be for this? Are there any tables or are we going to be standing? What should I bring? small frag tank? Light?

We have a couple of tables. Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, you need to bring your own or get together with another person bringing frags and bring a tank and lighting if you'd like.

Last time, I was the only one that set-up a tank and it was pretty crowded. I am not doing that this time, I am bringing a tank together with another member for our frags, we might have room for a few extra frags, but not much.

But, we will have tables and electricity.

ReefApprentice

Hey pro would you wanna split a frag tank set-up if you need anything more or something let me know. I may be able to bring a 70w MH, and a pump or something.

What do you want to trade me? Yes the surf in turf is straight from greg carroll's tank...The bennett is straight from badbones which got the colony from bennet and split it with the fragfarmer owner. The cali tort has more green with blue tips while the bennet has very little green and is more blue (there is also some purple in there) They are bot nice but I will only have 2 frags of cali and I think they are sold already....The bennet I can make 3-4 1 inch frags...

cool, definitely interested in the bennet tort. i'll shoot you a pm to work out the details.

also might be able to frag out some really nice solid blue mini clove looking things. i'll try to get some decent pix to post this week. man, i really need to learn to take decent pictures.

pookstreet - Ive been busy setting up the new prop tank....Ill try and take pics tonight if not worst case Ill take some on Wednesday.

ReefApprentice - Ill have to try and find a tank I can borrow...The 70 watt halide would be cool if we could put it over the tank especially with the SPS Im bringing...Other than that I dont mind buddying up....

psidriven - sounds good man Ill look for the PM...

pookstreet - Ive been busy setting up the new prop tank....Ill try and take pics tonight if not worst case Ill take some on Wednesday.

No hurry dude. I am just looking for some cool stuff to trade. I have a bunch of nice trade fodder if I do make it.

ReefApprentice - Ill have to try and find a tank I can borrow...The 70 watt halide would be cool if we could put it over the tank especially with the SPS Im bringing...Other than that I dont mind buddying up....

psidriven - sounds good man Ill look for the PM...

i might bring my own water if i decide to frag up a bunch of sps pieces. Tom, maybe you and I can just bring 2 gallons each of tropic marin water and dump it into a 5 gallon i'll be bringing. dunno about the lights though.

ReefApprentice

Alrighty guys, I will bring the light. I have a 10k, but will hopefully get a 14k before hand. I need to know the dimensions for the tank it would be over because I can't hang it, and need to make a stand or something.

Alex

Alrighty guys, I will bring the light. I have a 10k, but will hopefully get a 14k before hand. I need to know the dimensions for the tank it would be over because I can't hang it, and need to make a stand or something.

Alex

probably a 5.5 aga

I've got a used 10 gallon if anyone wants to use it. Its got a bunch of coralline algae on it, but its in working order.

LMK if anybody wants to use it and if anybody wants to take it home with them.

-Iz

I have a spare 10 gallon if you guys need a tank.

edit: haha, jinx. posted at the same time. mine is better than asin's. no coraline.

I have a spare 10 gallon if you guys need a tank.

edit: haha, jinx. posted at the same time. mine is better than asin's. no coraline.

Yeah, but I'm giving mine away. Haha!

fraggle rockette

thanks! i feed everything phyto feast and arcti pods, both from reed mariculture (http://www.reefnutrition.com/), and target feed the orals a little of each. everything in the tank loves it- i guess im just not patient enough with the canes... oh, and as for the so-cal nr club, :grouphug: lol.

Yeah, but I'm giving mine away. Haha!

Asin Ill take the 10 gallon if you can bring it....EZ and reef apprentice lets use the 10 gallon instead of the 5.5 more room for us.... Ill bring 10 gallons of water for us (have to do a water change anyways) and 2 small powerheads....Reef apprentice you bring the light....EZ buys us lunch and we should have a deal! :)

Archived