inTank Media Baskets

My new CADLIGHTS 5g nano w/ 24w T5 lighting

Kombucha

Your tank looks great. I have the same tank whit the glass top and it dosen't fit with the lights. I sent Cadlights a E-mail but they didn't answer. If you get one and it fits let me know.

I have the glass top and it fits on my tank with the lights. I attached a few pics so you can see how it fits.

Front view

GlassTop2.jpg

Side view

GlassTop.jpg

you can see in the pics that my top is resting on top of the plastic screws. Not sure if this is the way it's supposed to fit or not, but it's the way I have it right now.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These cadlights tanks are very nice looking, and it looks like you'll be able to do a lot with it, Kombucha. I only wonder how the lighting compares to things like PCs. I didn't see bulb information anywhere on the site.

very clean looking =]

The slots down the side of mine don't go all the way down they are a little over half way down.

huh?

These cadlights tanks are very nice looking, and it looks like you'll be able to do a lot with it, Kombucha. I only wonder how the lighting compares to things like PCs. I didn't see bulb information anywhere on the site.

It comes with 24watts of 50/50 T5 lighting.

• 1 month later...

Well I'm been feeding my Frogspawn and torch coral free dried cyclopeez 2 times a week for about a month now using a turkey baster. Damn cleaner shrimp is always going over to the frogspawn and stealing the food which ###es me off a bit. Well monday night I saw him do it again when I feed the corals and I sort of hit him out of the way with the baster. Well I guess I hit him a little too hard cause this morning I found him laying on his side in behind the LR. Poor little bastard! :(

Sink Colin Sink

I plan on getting one of these in the near future, how are you dealing with the heat now? Is there even a heat problem with the glass top?

I plan on getting one of these in the near future, how are you dealing with the heat now? Is there even a heat problem with the glass top?

Doing fine even with the glass top. My tank temp ranges from 79-81 through out the day with lights turned on or off.

Sink Colin Sink

Wow that's very good. How's the stock flow, do you feel the need to add an extra powerhead like I've seen others do, or does the stock pump do fine?

Wow that's very good. How's the stock flow, do you feel the need to add an extra powerhead like I've seen others do, or does the stock pump do fine?

There seems to be a decent amount of flow, but you might want to upgrade the stock pump or add a extra powerhead.

• 2 weeks later...
What would be a good pump that would fit where the stock pump is?

in all honestly the stock pump is fine for th 5 gallon, but you could upgrade if you feel the need too. Not sure really on which would best, sorry.

see, i aint the only one putting a true percula in a 5g, B)

:happydance:

Well at about this time next week, I'm going to be retiring this tank. I just don't want deal with 2 tanks that the moment. Everything from this tank is going into my 25 gallon cadlights tank hopefully this weekend. It was fun while it lasted, but this tank just wasn't big enough for my addiction :happy:

It's now official. This tank is empty and everything is in my 25gallon. Time to clean her up a bit and get her ready for shipping. I hope she likes her newer! :lol:

but i havent pmed you my address yet. regardless, thanks for the generosity. If you need me to pay for the shipping to my place, let me know. A free tank was more than generous of you.

but i havent pmed you my address yet. regardless, thanks for the generosity. If you need me to pay for the shipping to my place, let me know. A free tank was more than generous of you.

ah no prob buddy! ;)

:lol: nano-slut bought it from me. ;)

• 2 months later...

Archived