SaltCritters.com

My new CADLIGHTS 5g nano w/ 24w T5 lighting

Kombucha

I've had my 5 gallon set up for about 6 months now, and so far, so good. I only have the stock lights, but i think they are enough for what I keep.

nice. Any reason you have a tang in such a small tank?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kombucha, how easy was it to set up? i just ordered the same one you got 1805-so. also was the shipping ok? i heard UPS throws the packages around even if it is glass.

asides from salt, sand and live rocks what else do i need?

the tank should be here by tuesday, so i just wanna get evrything prepared.

Kombucha, how easy was it to set up? i just ordered the same one you got 1805-so. also was the shipping ok? i heard UPS throws the packages around even if it is glass.

asides from salt, sand and live rocks what else do i need?

the tank should be here by tuesday, so i just wanna get evrything prepared.

It's very easy to set up. It's my first tank and I had everything setup within a hour. The shipping was with DHL and everything showed up undamaged.

You also need to get a heater (a 50watt will be plenty), a thermometer, a hydrometer or refractor and a whole lot of patience.

• 2 weeks later...
Oceanic 30g

This is sweet. I think I am placing an order for one of these tomorrow. I cannot decide between 5 and 9 gallon.

Its a tough descision because the 9 gallon has the same overflow size and pump as the nine gallon and the 9 gallon lights are at capacity with 36 watts in them unlike the old 12w t5 on the 5gallon that is now upgraded to 24w. Now I know not all watts are created equal when it comes to watts per gallon but even at 36 watts the 9 galon (the display area is about 7 gallons) is 4-5watts per gallon. not bad for softies and some LPS also the water turnover is about 14xper hour in the nine. the 5 is a tight squeeze when it comes to aquascaping but the water turn over and watts per gallon are better. tough descision like I said.

Oceanic 30g

Agreed. It is a tough decision. I could get the 5 gallon and just put it on a table in my living room. The 9 would probably require a more elaborate stand. 9 gallon = about 7 gallons of salt water at about 9 pounds per gallon. Thats almost 60 pounds without liverock. I really liked the biocube 14 and oceanic stand, but the cadlights stuff looks really sweet.

It is sweet I ve seen Kombuchas tank in person and it is nice. I would definatly go with a cadlights over the biocube. As a matter of fact for my next tank I will. The 9 isnt to big to fit on a table in the living room its only about 14x11x13. Good Luck with it which ever way you go.

Oceanic 30g

Handzoff

I narrowed it down to either the cadlights 5 or 9. I was supposed to sell mmy 80 watt Current USA lighting that I had on my ols 30 gallon cube, but the guy never called me and never showed. Hopefully e will pick it up this week. My problem is taht I need to get the extra glass cover due to my wife's cat. Anyway, I do not think I can go wrong with the 5 or 9 from cadlights.

Kombu,

That looks like a lot of sand. How much is in there and do you think it will cause any issues?

very nice tank! PLEASE take that tang out of there...they need way more space!!!

I don't have a fish in my tank yet and I know better then to put a tang in there! :lol:

coral_addict

i really like your rockworks. It makes this 5G tank look as large as my BC14 and could even stretch to say that it could be made to believe that it's much larger if you put some tiny fishes in there. Well done.

Kombu,

That looks like a lot of sand. How much is in there and do you think it will cause any issues?

There's no more then 6 pounds in there at most.

Whats the name of that tank? Thats really cool...and where did you get it?

It's Cadlights. Go to cadlights.com

Nice tank pics!!! I like your set-up! :D

thanks. There will be some new pics tomorrow! :)

i really like your rockworks. It makes this 5G tank look as large as my BC14 and could even stretch to say that it could be made to believe that it's much larger if you put some tiny fishes in there. Well done.

Thanks a lot!

I don't have a fish in my tank yet and I know better then to put a tang in there! :lol:

Sorry! I thought that the pictures posted on the other page were yours...thank god....when are you stocking your tank? any ideas? corals? invertebrates?

Sorry! I thought that the pictures posted on the other page were yours...thank god....when are you stocking your tank? any ideas? corals? invertebrates?

right now I have 2 blue hermits, 2 nass snails, 2 astrea snails, some sunflowers zoos, some radioactive dragon eyes, some fire and ice zoos, some ked red zoos, yellow polyps, some GSP, a red shroom and tomorrow night i'll be adding a pom pom xenia. Besides that I want to get a frogspawn and a clownfish. I'm not sure what else as of yet.

right now I have 2 blue hermits, 2 nass snails, 2 astrea snails, some sunflowers zoos, some radioactive dragon eyes, some fire and ice zoos, some ked red zoos, yellow polyps, some GSP, a red shroom and tomorrow night i'll be adding a pom pom xenia. Besides that I want to get a frogspawn and a clownfish. I'm not sure what else as of yet.

what about a pair of sexy shrimp!

Archived