Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

3gal Mantis Reef

avalanche1201

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
avalanche1201

36w Current USA Satellite 24hr lighting system. Yea its the stock legs....cept I broke one so now its a tripod...but still does its job

So while I continue to try to figure out if I will move stuff from the 3gal into the 24 AP I found a pic of Sol. Its not the greatest picture in the world but the best of him that I could find....here he is!

Sol and all of his greatness

IMG_0078.jpg

I did the AC70 Fuge Mod on mine. I like it a lot. I traded the 50 impeller and it still puts out a huge amount of flow. I might trim it down if it keeps blowing everything around.

• 1 month later...
avalanche1201

so a while back someone was in my room and was like "wheres ur fish". So I regret to inform you that Sol has passed on :(

However, today I make a venture over the LFS and get myself a sweet mantis. It is dark green with spots and a smasher. Not sure on the ID now but its still small...so by the time it could outgrow the tank I should have money to upgrade.

pics to come soon :)

o yea, also most of the corals have been moved to my other tank b/c of the mantis

also...any good name ideas?

avalanche1201
I dont know if you mentioned it earlier, but do you know what species it is and how big it'd get? And where did you get it?

BTW fantastic tank!

No, I have no idea what species it is. But its small enough right now for my tank and thats the important part right now. I got him from a LFS for $40. They had some other mantis there two...2 other Peacocks (they were amazing looking) a Lime Green and another one that wasn't that colorful

and thanks for the compliments :)

avalanche1201

haha...omg that is seriously the greatest name I have heard...I have a thread in the general discussion and nothing comes that close...we might have a winner

avalanche1201
lol :lol:

it does :) i think its getting close to it...I've seen it strike at my emerald crab and some hermits today...I hope I dont miss the first kill

hey avalanche i was jw how long has ur pic been stable ,how many months? and what do u do everyday to it and week meaning doses what kinds and stuff? cause i have a 3g deco 18 watta light modded fuge been cycliung for 6 days eveyrthings on 0 so far nitrate and ammonia and pH is ok i got some dead rock mixed with live rock and i wanna make the tank as stable as possible

avalanche1201

It's been up and running since Feb. It has gone through a lot of changes, like aquascape corals live stock etc. It has never crashed. I just top off everyday w/ fresh RO/DI water for the evaporation and do like half gal to a gal water change ever week.

as long as you dont over stock, and keep up on water changes you should be alright

Archived