Cultivated Reef

3gal Mantis Reef

avalanche1201

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lilredneckman

Ok so yesterday i went to the lfs and they had a green mantis! he looks just like yours. I would have bought him but i dont have anywhere to put him.

• 1 month later...
greeny_beany

see u had a fish and i plan on putting one in my tank and i hope for it!

i can see yours died but still hopefully mine will make it through.

avalanche1201
see u had a fish and i plan on putting one in my tank and i hope for it!

i can see yours died but still hopefully mine will make it through.

yea but my fish was a clown goby, they stay small...I never planned on adding clownfish like you say you will..thats just terrible

avalanche1201

It's been a while and things in the tank have changed...I added some more rock, removed some rock, the CUC is entirely dead, upgraded from the AC50 to the AC70 (did a prop swap), moved the heater out of the display into the AC70, the emerald is still alive...and I am going to turn this into a Mantis Reef tank

So time for a few shots...like 2 or so...

New FTS:

IMG_0560.jpg

and the only coral open right now:

IMG_0564.jpg

nice zoos, my lfs had a peacock mantis a few weeks ago and man that thing was awesome she was like a foot long too! Wish I had a tank for one and the extra $50! lol.

avalanche1201
LOL I know it is off topic. But I would liek to see your roomates FW tank. lol

huh? My roommate had a FW tank last year..that must be an old post...but my buddy has just set up a FW tank, I could get some pics one day if you want

I really like the tank. I am thinking of buying the same one. I was wondering if you've had any problems with it, especially with scratching the acrylic. Thanks.

avalanche1201
I really like the tank. I am thinking of buying the same one. I was wondering if you've had any problems with it, especially with scratching the acrylic. Thanks.

the only problems I had were the light and the filter and I updated both, no problems w/ scratching b/c the JBJ Picotope is glass not acrylic

avalanche1201

So I finally shaved down the AC prop so sand wouldn't blow everywhere. I will be moving some more frags from my AP24 over to the tank tonight...just need to figure out what ones then I will upload some new pics

avalanche1201

just some corals and a FTS...going to the LFS later today to get some hermits, snails, feeder shrimp and hopefully some frags or shrooms

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

Archived