inTank Media Baskets

3gal Mantis Reef

avalanche1201

avalanche1201

I moved the sexies. They were bugging my corals and picken at em...once mushroom was getten eaten so bad I have to move him into my AC50 fuge. So there over at my roommates in boston now.

To replace them I want to get 2 pom pom crabs and a fire shrimp....also looken into a torch coral or something, a nice frag that will be like a center piece or a real eye catcher that moves w/ the curent.....and some colorful zoas or rics

man this is a money pit :)

glad u lke it irish

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
avalanche1201

Got 5 new frags today for only $19.08 woot woot! Anyways, everything is in the tank now getten use to it..nothen is open to much so Ill just list what I got to the best of my ability

Hammer Coral

Leather Coral

Single Polyp frag

Polyp Cluster

and an amazingly green mushroom

pics will come as soon as everything opens up so I can get pics...thats all for now

Sweet! Cant wait to see the new stuff!

So would you reccommend getting any sexy shrimp, or not? I was thinking about getting some for my 1G.

-texx

ps-Check out my thread on my 1G in the Member Aquariums.

avalanche1201

ill be sure to check it out

as for the sexy i dont really know...some ppl have luck some ppl dont...its just luck of the draw. I only really had 1 sexy bothering my shroom the other one was good...but I didnt wana split em so I gave em both to my roommate

Ill try to get some pics 2morro or sat...There just placed in really and Ill have to re scape to make everything look good, but the pics will be up soon enough i promise

avalanche1201

Messed around w/ my friends camera and tried to get some actinic shots...as you can see there isnt alot of "pop" in my tank...but here are some of the shots I took

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

avalanche1201

Got myself a Yellow Clown goby today...I was at the LFS and wasnt going to get anything b/c I snagged all the small frags a week before but then..BAM! I saw this guy chillen...Swiped him and got him in the tank

no digi cam so Ill get a POS camera phone shot 2morro...hopefully I can get a better pic then that soon, this guy is bright yellow, its awesome

decided to name him Sol (sun) b/c of his color....plus its one of my fav beers so it all works out

avalanche1201

Time for some pics of Sol....its from my camera phone so they suck, Ill get better pics soon

media1-2.jpg

media2-2.jpg

My Yellow clown gobies died the other day. :(

They were fine for the 4 weeks they were in quarantine. And fine for the first two weeks in the pico. Then one died after about a week. Then about 2 weeks later the other one got white eruptions on his body which went away the next day after a fresh water dip. Then it started swimming in a cork screw fashionlike half it's body was paralized. It died about 3 hours later.

My guess is the second one I got (the first one to die) about a week after the first one, was from a new LFS shipment and was most likely infected with something. My LFS looses a lot of fish- that's why I quarantine them. It most likely infected the first one in quarantine, died, then the first one died later.

The more I think of it, the more I've decided not to keep fish in my pico. I'd rather have pretty corals and my baby clams. Feeding the fish just pollutes everything and makes for problems.

If yours ever seem sick be careful how you treat them. Y. clown gobies don't have scales like regular fish and cannot be treated with normal doses of copper treatments.

I think I'll just get a nice cleaner shrimp to animate the tank for now.

One neat thing about the clown gobies is that if you pair them and they are both males, the smaller of the two will change sex into a female. The larger one if female will change into a male. Strange. I was hoping this would be the case with mine but damn diseases....

avalanche1201

So I believe my shrimp died :(

I dont know why, the only thing I can think of is he starved to death :( but I always saw him picking at pods and stuff of the LR etc etc. His shell is stuck in the filter intake and I looked around the tank and couldn't find him...Im hoping its a molt but im almost positive he passed on.... :(

he was such a cool shrimp to

So I believe my shrimp died :(

I dont know why, the only thing I can think of is he starved to death :( but I always saw him picking at pods and stuff of the LR etc etc. His shell is stuck in the filter intake and I looked around the tank and couldn't find him...Im hoping its a molt but im almost positive he passed on.... :(

he was such a cool shrimp to

u dude witch one

ok to all the people asking about the sexys, the ones he gave me have gotten there butts whooped back into shape by m sexy who i can tell who he is cause hes twice the size of scotts old ones. They have not eaten any of my corals.

and scott WANT frags of some of thoose nice corals u got, trades are good let me know if u want me to bring down any of that food that i took to my place when u went home.

hye just looked into my tank when i was moving some stuff around that green mushroom u said u would like one of has a couple growing under it so when we get back feel free to frag it if u want

• 2 weeks later...
avalanche1201

So for my Bday my roommate got me a pink Ric and some candy cane..the ric is looken sweet and the candy cane is pretty awesome as well.

Ill try to get some pics up 2morro

avalanche1201

So my tank was getting over run w/ corals...not really but they were all just thrown in there and nothing looked good so I re-scaped.....and I HATE IT! it looks terrible!!

I dont have a digi cam right now so I've got some POS cell phone pics...need to get better ones so I can get some input...and soon! i get aggravated just looking into my tank right now i think it looks so bad....

at least my yellow clown goby seems happier and swims around more

bad pics below:

media2-3.jpg

media1-3.jpg

PLEASE HELP!

I don't know, maybe you are getting too many frags with no where to put them so it looks like stuff is just accumulating on the bottom. Maybe you need some more rock with some places to put some of the frags laying around on the bottom. Whaddaya think?

avalanche1201

yea i think so to...I need to frag em onto bigger rocks I think and empty the tank and catch the fish so he wont jump as I can take time to really rescape and make it look good again

yea i think so to...I need to frag em onto bigger rocks I think and empty the tank and catch the fish so he wont jump as I can take time to really rescape and make it look good again

i think u should just give me the frags on the bottom

avalanche1201

So I picked up a digi cam today...so pics will be MUCH better and much more frequent...Ill grab a few pics 2morro before work...was working on my AP24 most of the day (mixed w/ the occasional beer) so didn't get to work on the pico...o well, Ill have to work on it this weekend

So I picked up a digi cam today...so pics will be MUCH better and much more frequent...Ill grab a few pics 2morro before work...was working on my AP24 most of the day (mixed w/ the occasional beer) so didn't get to work on the pico...o well, Ill have to work on it this weekend

whats goin on for the other 24

avalanche1201
ditch that stealth heater and get a 25 watt hydor

Yea I really want to get rid of it...it takes up so much real estate but I havnt been able to find one locally...and I dont want to order offline b/c i only need that so the shipping is outrageous (sp? i know thats wrong) for one item

Yea I really want to get rid of it...it takes up so much real estate but I havnt been able to find one locally...and I dont want to order offline b/c i only need that so the shipping is outrageous (sp? i know thats wrong) for one item

Definitely ditch the stealth. . Thats what I 1st had on my pico. I misread when buying it thinking it was 6" . . was actually nearly 9"!

I now have an azoo submersible titanium 50watt in my tank. It is so small I hardly notice it. Really thin and only 5 3/4" in length for the 50watt - 100 watt is 8 3/4"

Heres the cheapest price youll find on it: http://www.fish.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=701042%20100

avalanche1201
Definitely ditch the stealth. . Thats what I 1st had on my pico. I misread when buying it thinking it was 6" . . was actually nearly 9"!

I now have an azoo submersible titanium 50watt in my tank. It is so small I hardly notice it. Really thin and only 5 3/4" in length for the 50watt - 100 watt is 8 3/4"

Heres the cheapest price youll find on it: http://www.fish.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=701042%20100

thanks, Ill take a look at it...but when I get the heater I'd want to have it in my AC fuge...and in order to do that I would upgrade to the AC110....and I dont really want to pay for it right now b/c im saving up for things for my AP24....who knows, maybe I can find one cheap in the classifieds...or a do a switch plus like $15 or so..

but thanks alot for the link knuckles

Archived