Coral Vue Hydros

3gal Mantis Reef

avalanche1201

avalanche1201

thanks alot cruisaire :) Ive posted my Invert list on several sites...and so far no one has said no to the list...just to the starfish, but im not that suprised to that one

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
circusordie16

your clean up crew probably wont touch your cyano so your best bet is to suck it out manually and then try to make sure it doesnt come back instead of buying more snails or hermits.

avalanche1201

Yea I know, Ive got the cyano sucked out and keep sucking it out when I see it...the snails/hermits will be to keep the rock, tank, and sand clean.

So far I guess my Inverts will go along well w/ each other..since no one has said otherwise...I've just been advised not to go w/ the sea star.

Im going to the LFS later this week, so hopefully I can gt some cheato and get a second opinion on a water test.

Im also thinking of re-doing the rock work right now...but I might just wait for when I get back home...depends on how bored I get later

avalanche1201

***UPDATE***3.10.07

Well everyone in my 10 person suite has left for spring break so I thought it would be a good time for an update:

I have reaquascaped my tank and Im not sure if im 100% happy with it yet, although I will now have more room for frags once I get this mini-reef underway.

Next week I will be building a fuge so its going to open up ALOT of real estate since my heater sticks out a good amount from the wall, and I wont have filters in the way anymore :)

Also red stripe (camel shrimp) will be getting packed up today. It will be sad to take him home but hes moving into a nice 72g mansion w/ other camels, so It will be a nice improvement from my 3gal...While I will miss him he must go so I can create my mini-reef w/o the risk of him eating everything

As for the aqauscaping here are some pics, and I now like to take quick movies at the end b/c my pics are never as good as I hope (sorry for the algae glass...I will be bringing my scraper back with me). Also..please ignore the GHA forest, im hoping cheato and phosban will help clear that up rather quickly.

and now...ON TO THE PICS!

S5000608.jpg

S5000607.jpg

S5000606.jpg

Movie:

th_S5000609.jpg

enjoy! (i hope)

avalanche1201
hahahah. nice commentary.

haha, i didnt know there was volume...I was alone in the dorm b/c everyone left for break and my roommate snuck back in...scared the ###### outta me. glad u got a good laugh though, lol

avalanche1201

update!

smashed the hell outta my LR! YEA!!! got rid of some worms that were in the frags of rock so it should keep my ammonia down :) (ive been waiting for it to get to 0 its around .25 right now)

so ive got a pile of rock in my tank now, going to scape it after class..speaking of which its 12:59 and I gotta bounce for my 1 oclock..peace

update!

smashed the hell outta my LR! YEA!!! got rid of some worms that were in the frags of rock so it should keep my ammonia down :) (ive been waiting for it to get to 0 its around .25 right now)

so ive got a pile of rock in my tank now, going to scape it after class..speaking of which its 12:59 and I gotta bounce for my 1 oclock..peace

avalanche,

Which brand of tests are you using? Are you having any problems with tank temp?

avalanche1201

ill have to check when im back in my dorm. but i dont have a temp prob unless my RM leaves the window open. its ussually hovering high 78- mid 79

ill have to check when im back in my dorm. but i dont have a temp prob unless my RM leaves the window open. its ussually hovering high 78- mid 79

The reason I asked is because I used a test kit from API that no matter what it always reads 0.25 for ammonia. I have had my water checked with other kits and by a fish store and proven to be 0, but the API always shows up 0.25

avalanche1201
The reason I asked is because I used a test kit from API that no matter what it always reads 0.25 for ammonia. I have had my water checked with other kits and by a fish store and proven to be 0, but the API always shows up 0.25

hmm....maybe im stressing over nothing, b/c i have an API. and my roomates is API...my CUC looks fine and the shrimp I had looked fine so...Ill have to get a sample to my LFS 2morro for proof its 0.

as for now...IVE REAQUASCAPED AND LOVE IT!!! I just have one chunk of LR i need to find a better spot for, its so outta place right now...Pics to come (once the wayer clears)

one more thing. Ive got a tooth brush I used to brush the GHA off my LR be4 i smashed it to hell. Would it be alright to clean the glass if I rinse it first?

hmm....maybe im stressing over nothing, b/c i have an API. and my roomates is API...my CUC looks fine and the shrimp I had looked fine so...Ill have to get a sample to my LFS 2morro for proof its 0.

as for now...IVE REAQUASCAPED AND LOVE IT!!! I just have one chunk of LR i need to find a better spot for, its so outta place right now...Pics to come (once the wayer clears)

one more thing. Ive got a tooth brush I used to brush the GHA off my LR be4 i smashed it to hell. Would it be alright to clean the glass if I rinse it first?

I am quite new to this myself and only had to contend with a little bit of hair algae. I rinsed the brush that I used to clean off my hair algae and cleaned other parts of the tank without a problem. I am not sure if this would be the same for you but I didn't have a problem. I hope someone more knowledgeable can point us in the right direction.

I am thinking to starting a pico for my office. I want to keep mine at work as simple as possible so I am thinking of just a AGA, and aquaclear filter, heater, haven't quite decided on my lights fully. How do you like your tank?

avalanche1201

I love my tank. Just got some new editions today.

Orange Ric and some polyps (forgot the name) there acclimating now (i need a better system i was getting so stressed) and Ill get some pics soon! :)

avalanche1201

Here they are, my two new editions..If my check comes today I might get another coral, not sure what yet though..Might also make another thread for a more detailed tank thread since this is far and few between...here they are

an orange ric and i forgot the other, ID help please, cant find it..also LFS said I dont need to feed...should I spot feed brine or mysis shrimp? or get some phyoplankton?

thanks...now for the pics

S5000616.jpg

S5000615.jpg

S5000613.jpg

edit: heres a video http://s121.photobucket.com/player.swf?fil...coral/Movie.flv

avalanche1201

Got some more ric's today. Dripping em right now, Ill get pics hopefully later 2night or early 2morro. (if anyone is still looking)..also a new thread will more then likely be made so its more organized.

Got some more ric's today. Dripping em right now, Ill get pics hopefully later 2night or early 2morro. (if anyone is still looking)..also a new thread will more then likely be made so its more organized.

Damn Holmes! You're just buying up speci's like they are goin' outta style. Take yer time Dude.

avalanche1201

haha, I am now...if I get something again it will be mid/late next week...or just wait until I do an order offline w/ my roommate

avalanche1201

Here are a Bunch of Pics. Hope you Enjoy them as much as I do :) (btw, 3 sexy shrimp coming this week...cant wait :) )

Full Tank Shot

S5000636.jpg

Ricordias

S5000640.jpg

S5000633.jpg

Zoas

S5000649.jpg

S5000648.jpg

S5000647.jpg

Firefish

S5000628.jpg

S5000639.jpg

S5000638.jpg

S5000624.jpg

enjoy

-Avalanche

they are so beautiful

yo cant wait on those sexy shrimp man there gonna look real nice in the tanks, all i gt to do kow is get next pay cheak and get a light

and thats my fire fish soon to be back in my tank

avalanche1201

quick update

i got 3 sexy shrimp from LA a few days ago....as fot now I can only see 2 of them..i think the third one melted so im hoping its just hiding right now...ill get pica 2moeeo

also...excuse the spelling,,,im kinda drunk :)

:let the drama build for the shrimp:

Reverse Logic
also...excuse the spelling,,,im kinda drunk :)

And your credibility has been forever destroyed . . . just dont get a pair of goggles and go diving in your tank.

-Reverse

avalanche1201

Quick update:

I saved my shroom from the filter intake and I wrote Live Aquaria about the dead sexy shrimp :(. They responded very quickly and credited my account...I always knew they were good, just never how good.

Im filling my tank to the point of almost over flowing and I will be tying my shroom down to the side rock later on (unless advised against..see atch.)

Pics will come later once I clean the outside of the tank.

Liveaquaria is a very good site. Will you be getting more sexies?

avalanche,

Are you having any trouble so far with the firefish jumping out. I may be wrong about this but I think I have read that they are jumpers.

Archived