Top Shelf Aquatics

My Biocube 14!

Gvtv44

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What-! No comments after all those pics?!?!?

Pics? :huh: what pics? :unsure:

:lol:

Still looks good Bud!

Yea, I know- I think it's all thanks to Needreefund's small envelope of cheato that never stops growing! :)

That, and feeding every 3 days.

Yea, I know- I think it's all thanks to Needreefund's small envelope of cheato that never stops growing! :)

That, and feeding every 3 days.

B) Super chaeto! B)

Actually I sneak in once a week and load up yur soap dish. :ninja:

And I have been doing your water changes while I'm there. :P

Happy the cheets are doing well for you.

I, on the other hand, cannot grow Xenia for squat! :angry:

Did you ever pick up another fish?

I figured as much- do you realize your little envelope has made many more envelopes, and I have spread it all the way to RI! :lol: Spread the cheato!

As for WC- that's why my water jugs have been emptying, and there is salt creep all over the rug- please be a bit neater, and you are free to take more frags than you already do :P

Xenia- get some from Red Sand in Dunellen- hearty stuff, to say the least ;) I think a large chunk was $15.

Another fish- no, but I will, after I get rid of this bully!

Yes, spread the Chaeto!

I have been also, out to TN for me LOL.

Funny you should say, I was at Red Sand today. I hope Feng is doing OK. Fish tanks looked in poor shape and the mini tanks with snails and shrimps and such were empty. Perhaps I caught him on a rough day. Coral tanks looked pretty good though. Almost asked about some purple frogspawn and a very sweet green and purple open brain. But the issues in the other tanks gave me second thoughts. Again, I understand things happen. I will stop in another day.

Sorry about the carpet and the frags.

BTW -We are getting low on Reef Crystals. :happy:

You mean nutrisea water- you must be confusing my house with another reefer's tank you steal..er care for :P

Haven't been there for while- I'll have to visit my buddy- I tried getting him on here, but his response was:

"no time, no time... to much to do"

I replied- I know, but somehow it always creeps into my schedule :lol:

Great looking tank. I just setup my 14g BC last week. I did the light upgrade myself and I'm glad I did it now after seeing your tank. I did a few other mods to it also. I was looking at some of the coral pics (2nd-5th pics on this pg) and couldn't tell what they were. Are they Acans or Blastos? Again great looking tank and I can't wait to get mine going now.

Thank you for all the compliments, I wish you luck- just take your time, and you will be rewarded with no losses and a beautiful tank. RESEARCH & Patience are key. They are acans- some are from zoanuts, some are from MVITE (ALL AROUND GOOD GUY!) and the others- their name escapes me :P. Wait a few months for acans- they can be tempermental. Good Luck, and start a thread!

Thanks for taking a peak at my tank thread. I have looked at the acans over at zoanuts and will give them a try down the road (thanks for the advice). My tank is mainly going to be zoas. Keep us posted on how the tank goes and if/when you decide to get the new tank. Of course you will have to start a new post w/tons of pics on your setup.

i just saw a post in the advanced forum about xenia filtering water. they said its a good filtration and absorb ammonia. that could explain why everything was alive after 4 months. AND it could be that super chaeto :P

You mean nutrisea water- you must be confusing my house with another reefer's tank you steal..er care for :P

Haven't been there for while- I'll have to visit my buddy- I tried getting him on here, but his response was:

"no time, no time... to much to do"

I replied- I know, but somehow it always creeps into my schedule :lol:

Um, No, I switched you to Reef Crystals back in October, You just never noticed. ;)

STEAL?? :o That hurts Buddy.. :tears: . After all, I gave you all my flatworms.

:haha:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it was one year ago that you saw this post:

Picture time! :D

Supplies:

Supplies.jpg

Filling14.jpg

My setup- the cabinet:

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

Filling:

Filling1.jpg

Filling.jpg

One hour later...

DSC00009.jpg

Three hours later:

Filling17.jpg

This morning:

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

Well, it's been quite the journey- 22 pages worth! I am truly happy with the results. I have only lost one coral in all that time= hammer frag, but I also experienced some zoa recession for a few months. I lost 3 hermits (canabalism!) and 3 fish- the firefish- he may still be in there somewhere though, and 2 clowns, whom my current one beat to death.

I hope to set up a 39 C.A.D. (Birthday is coming up, so cash hopefully!) in may/ june, and right now I am in the process of setting up a 10 gallon for the high school.

Here is an updated FTS! ONE YEAR! WOOT!

IMG_2242.jpg

I couldn't have done it without Nano-Reef.com! Thanks to all! :)

Archived