Top Shelf Aquatics

My Biocube 14!

Gvtv44

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's the benefit to having the upgrade from nanotuners besides having more wattage?

does it really matter for the corals u have?

i'm considering it, but i've seen some pretty nice stock tanks with really nice corals.... i'm confused :unsure:

Originally it was to keep a BTA, which need the light. It also enables me to keep the plate coral on the sand bed + more light is better for the coral.

Not true at all. I have a small fan in the back, and my temps stay at 80*. ;)

Thanks! :lol: No, I ship out the stuff from the display part ;) The problem with the flatworm exit is that in a small volume, it is hard to control the deaths... so I am just leaving it for now- they are decreasing slowly :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

(For the compliment AND MAKING THIS 20 pages long :lol: )

Sorry I didn't see it. Your tank turned out really well!

OH... UPDATE: I GOT AN ACAN BOC from ZOANUTS- the 1st addition in a while... stay posted.... should be here soon :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, ive been reading your thread for the last couple of hours. It has really answered alot of questions ive had up to now. Your tank has turned out awesome! I just got a biocube 14 a couple days ago and am setting it up. I hope its alright if i ask you questions as they come up. Im sure there will be a few along the way. im also going to post pics as im going and hopefully ill have a tank as kick ass as yours!

Hey there, ive been reading your thread for the last couple of hours. It has really answered alot of questions ive had up to now. Your tank has turned out awesome! I just got a biocube 14 a couple days ago and am setting it up. I hope its alright if i ask you questions as they come up. Im sure there will be a few along the way. im also going to post pics as im going and hopefully ill have a tank as kick ass as yours!

obviously late, but I'm keeping 2 bta in my 14 biocube with stock lights and the two have been doing very well

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry1402539

gtvt44, i was having a decent size flatworm problem a couple of

weeks ago in my 6 week old bc29. i heard everybody say flatworm

exit or a six line. but 1 person suggested a yellow coris wrasse.

i looked into it and it sounded good. so i got one 2 weeks ago.

he just ate em all up. as well as good looking, he's a great addition

to my tank. also my first official saltwater fish.

just a suggestion for what it's worth.

great tank, keep up the good work.

gtvt44, i was having a decent size flatworm problem a couple of

weeks ago in my 6 week old bc29. i heard everybody say flatworm

exit or a six line. but 1 person suggested a yellow coris wrasse.

i looked into it and it sounded good. so i got one 2 weeks ago.

he just ate em all up. as well as good looking, he's a great addition

to my tank. also my first official saltwater fish.

just a suggestion for what it's worth.

great tank, keep up the good work.

not a very pretty fish is it? But solves the problem.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, hi :lol:

Umm... I spent last weekend moving stuff around and taking care of my neglected tank :)

Everything is in good health generally, but not much growth (hmm... last water change was in Sept GASP!) but nitrates are at 0, so I'm ok... I really need to do a WC though :o

Maybe pics later this week ;)

Oh, hi :lol:

Umm... I spent last weekend moving stuff around and taking care of my neglected tank :)

Everything is in good health generally, but not much growth (hmm... last water change was in Sept GASP!) but nitrates are at 0, so I'm ok... I really need to do a WC though :o

SEPTEMBER!!!! :slap: No wonder you havent had much growth. Water change right now gv. Talk about procastinating... ;)

Get er done -_-

SEPTEMBER!!!! :slap: No wonder you havent had much growth. Water change right now gv. Talk about procastinating... ;)

Get er done -_-

Yup, I agree..

:slap:

First no WC in a few MONTHS and then MAYBE pics next week.

Maybe?

Are you feeling OK? :o

:lol:

Just fine :)

I've been working on my FW tanks the past few weeks- gotta get the old 125 up and running... I cleaned all the sand/ fine gravel- HANDFUL BY HANDFUL- 8 Hours... NEVER buy Flourite it's teh suxors as prop would say- all it makes are death clouds and algae blooms :( So I wanted to start a fresh, fresh water tank :)

I'm picturing 125 gallons of the clearest water with the most colorful tetras I can buy ( Thank you Pet Shanty! )

and 55 gallons of discus.

Then, a 5 gallon FW nano

and a 2.5 gallon frag tank...

then hopefully, using federal funding (ie my tax refund :fingerscrossed: ) a 39 gallon CAD.

I must admit, that I have been leaning on my cheato a bit too much... so soon enough :)

haha..dont worry, i wont follow. just surpriced no water change in 4 months and you didnt loose anything. i just cant wait till my next water change so it gives me an excuse to do something else than homework.

What livestock do you have in your tank now? I just added my 2nd clown a few days ago. A new friend for my Perc. I'll post up some pics on my thread.

Well, I have a badazz clown that killed the original one, then a petco "rescue", with his original anemone, and then the cleaner shrimp. The xenia has gone wild, and I basically have it all over... :) Which is sort of what I wanted, but now it's getting to be annoying because it blocked the light from my open brain, which is now recovering in my cheato dish. Yea, I need a bigger tank :P

Well, I have a badazz clown that killed the original one, then a petco "rescue", with his original anemone, and then the cleaner shrimp. The xenia has gone wild, and I basically have it all over... :) Which is sort of what I wanted, but now it's getting to be annoying because it blocked the light from my open brain, which is now recovering in my cheato dish. Yea, I need a bigger tank :P

I definitely feel you on the freaking xenia! I bought some scissors to trim them up. I cut the heads off some big ones and boo-ya! They have grown back! I too need a larger tank. I somehow have to talk the wife into it.

Archived