inTank Media Baskets

my wife put my chrismas present under the tree.

71vwbug

just incase someone didnt notice he hasnt taken advantage of anyone, last time he logged in his posted the progress in the tank, since then he hasnt logged in, put yourself in his position, if what happened to him happened to you, would you really be worried about a fish tank? i think what everyone did for him was a really touching thing, pretty amazing that so many people got involved and sent off their useless stuff that was probably sitting in the attic or the garage never to be seen or used by them again, so even if he never sets up a tank with the equipment he got its not really like you were going to use it were you? maybe maybe not, but at least your heart was in the right place

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe he couldn't afford to pay his internet bill. Its not really about seeing the tank go up. Its about the kindness that you extended to him. Maybe without knowing those small gestures of grace are helping him cope with a lot of personal sh*t right now. Sometimes it is the little things, the smallest of gestures, that keep us from completely losing hope in humanity or in ourselves.

travisurfer
Some days seeing my nano is that small thing that keeps me sane... although it is the root of much of my insanity.

that is so true :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys i just wanted to let you all know that as of yesterday i filled up the tank put the salt, ph buffer, and prime in the tank. The filters are now running and i should be going before too long. Im sorry for anyone on here that in any way feels like they have been ripped off. If you would like PM me your information and i would be more than happy to pay you back for any Money or inconveniance you have been out. I had no intentions of going thew a divorce. I had no plans of not setting up this tank. Sorry that i made you feel that way. Like i stated pm me if you would like to be reimbursed.

Bryan

Love is grand, divorce is a hundred grand.

Come on VW show them your stuff. Post some pictures so they can see where to go next.

Needreefunds

Nice to see you back Bug! I hope things are looking better for you now and in the future. I'm glad you finally got to get your tank set up and running. Good luck! :)

yep im back. im going to have to rebuild the light fixture cause it doesnt fit on the top of the tank. its kinda just sitting there.. right now im on manditory vacation from work. they have shut down for a month to do work to the plant. but when i get back im going to slowly start on the tank....

Just wanted to let you know that I just finished reading through this thread and it was an amazing thing to read and glad to see that you are up and back and in saltwater action. Life comes first and then comes reefing. Everyone has or will go through a time when your tank just falls by the wayside as after all, it is a hobby :)

Glad to hear things are looking up for you and I look forward to seeing the pics.

How are things coming with the tank now that it's been a couple days?

Just wanted to let you know that I just finished reading through this thread and it was an amazing thing to read and glad to see that you are up and back and in saltwater action. Life comes first and then comes reefing. Everyone has or will go through a time when your tank just falls by the wayside as after all, it is a hobby. Happy reefing and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey VW, glad to see that you are back! Never had a doubt that you would get 'er set up. Hope you are doing all right.

What are the measurements for the canopy? Just curious...

Oceanic 30g

Hey VW. I am really happy to see that you are setting up the tank. I hope it is the start of a great new beginning for you. It has been a while since reading the thread. Please post a list of equipment and your plans for stocking the tank.

• 2 weeks later...
[WDT]TardFarmer
You all need to remember that VW never asked for anything. i was the one who suggested someone scoring him a 20 gallon tank when his gift fell through. I figured a reefer in the area would just give him a used one, no great deal. However it was the reefers here themselves that beat this all up into a froth. I had warned him of the two obvious outcomes- people saying they would send and not- or them sending and then keeping strings attached afterwards. People tried to help out and when they made their donation in good faith that should have been the end of it. VW was operating in good faith when this came up- and never initiated asking for any donation. I am sure there is no one more sorry that even with help his reef has not happened, but once you give a gift- of your own volitian- what happens after that is up to the recipient.

I sent him the MJ 1200 as promised and never attached any strings....

Glad you made it back VW!!!! Hope your life is easing up a bit. Post some pics of your new tank when you get a chance!

Archived