Coral Vue Hydros

Seiryoku's 60g (Poor Quality) Lee Mar Starphire Cube

Seiryoku

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/317604-anyone-with-a-lee-mar-rimless-tank-get-in-here-please/

Should have the tanks and stands on December 19th!

Tank:
Lee Mar 60g cube, 24*24*24. Internal trapezoid overflow, 2x 1" drains (herbie) with 1x 3/4" return. Black back/silicone, front and sides are starphire.

Stand:

Lee Mar Atlantis Series maple stand, 32" high, single front door with an open back.

Lighting:
EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w (Gen 2) LED Light Fixture
EcoTech Marine Vortech Battery Backup - Not yet purchased

EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w Hanging Kit

Heating:
Eheim Jager TruTemp 100 Watt Fully Submersible UL Approved Heater x2

Controller:
Neptune Systems Apex AquaController System

Neptune Systems I/O Break Out Box

Neptune Systems Apex Wireless Expansion Module (WXM)

AquaSurf/Apex to Stream Cable Neptune Systems AquaController - Allows control of return pump

Flow:
EcoTech Marine MP10 Vortech Propeller Pump w/ Wireless EcoSMART Driver x2 - Currently have one, need another
EcoTech Marine Vortech Battery Backup - Not yet purchased
Tunze Silence Electronic Recirculation Pump 1073.05

Filtration:
Custom Acrylic Sump - 20x15x15
BRS Pukani Dry Aquarium Rock

Caribsea Arag Alive Fiji Pink 20 lbs x2
AquaMaxx 200 Micron Filter Sock
CPR Sock-It 4 Inch Adjustable Filter Sock Holder
Reef Octopus POV (Pro Open Volute) PRO-SSS-DC1 Skimmer w/ DC Pump - Not yet purchased

Misc:
AVAST ATO System
AVAST Magnetic Probe Holder - Temperature and PH
Tom Aquatics Aqua-Lifter - For ATO

~Neptune Apex Programming~

Outlets:

Tunze (Variable Speed 1)

Set Fulltunz

If FeedA Then FeedTunz

ReturnPump

Fallback ON

Set ON

Heater1

Fallback OFF

If Temp < 78.5 Then ON

If Temp > 79.0 Then OFF

Heater2

Fallback ON

If Temp < 78.5 Then ON

If Temp > 79.0 Then OFF

MP10

Fallback ON

Set ON

Radion

Fallback ON

Set ON

ATO

Fallback OFF

Set OFF

OSC 000:00/001:45/058:15 Then ON

If Outlet SumpLow = OFF Then OFF

Vortech

Fallback ReefC
If Time 08:00 to 08:30 Then Nutrient
If Time 08:30 to 12:00 Then ReefC
If Time 12:00 to 12:30 Then Nutrient
If Time 12:30 to 18:15 Then ReefC
If Time 18:15 to 18:45 Then Nutrient
If Time 18:45 to 21:30 Then ReefC
If Time 21:30 to 08:00 Then Lagoon
If FeedA 000 Then FeedMP10

SumpLow

Set OFF

If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON

If Switch1 OPEN Then OFF

Profiles:

FullTunz

Control Type: Ramp

Ramp Time (Minuets): 0

Start Intensity: 100

End Intensity: 100

FeedTunz

Control Type: Ramp

Ramp Time (Minuets): 0

Start Intensity: 75

End Intensity: 75

FeedMP10

Control Type: Vortech

Constant

Maximum Intensity:25

ReefC

Reef Crest

Maximum Intensity:65

Nutrient

Nutrient

Maximum Intensity:70

Lagoon

Conrol Type: Vortech

Lagoon Random

Maximum Intensity: 35

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That looks like a very nice tank. Can't wait to see your set-up. Good luck!

Thanks :) Hopefully it works out better than my last venture!

Going to be building two stands (one for this cube and one for the FW planted tank) next week while off work. Already ordered a bunch of stuff from BRS (including 50# of Pukani rock), have to keep working on the equipment list though. Will be getting most of it from a LFS that offered to make me sweet deals ;)

Still need to decide on a skimmer. Want something quite yet still efficient. Warner Marine looked good, but can't get one, now considering a Skimz.

The plan is to spend entirely too much money on this setup. Any suggestions on equipment/supplies are welcomed.

Finished the frame of the stand today. Plan to finish the skinning tomorrow and start sealing/priming/painting soon!

Bottom frame with legs around corners.

20121105_182015.jpg

Top frame.

20121105_182024.jpg

Legs attached to bottom frame.

20121105_183507.jpg

All put together!

20121105_185814.jpg

20121105_185838.jpg

My RO/DI setup.

20121105_185856.jpg

First coat of primer on the stand, have to sand and apply another coat. Might do a third before painting if I'm not happy with the coverage. Using a oil based Rustoleum satin black for the top coat.

This stand has been a pain in my ass, too much finishing work! Think I'll go with the window scree frame and canvas trick for the freshwater tank stand...

The Pukani rock arrived from BRS yesterday. Ordered #50...the box weighed #68. Was packed full of peanuts, but there has to be #65 of rock! Knew there would be a little overage, but #15 at ~$3 wasn't expected.

Good choice going with Lee Mar. I love my tank they made for me. Can't wait to see pics of it.

Tanks should be done around Thanksgiving, can't wait!

What corals are you planning?

Little bit of everything :)

Not happy with how the stand turned out. Would probably be fine to use it, but it gives me an excuse to not have to build another! Going to have Lee Mar make both stands instead. The quotes are a bit more than I was expecting though :(

Not happy with how the stand turned out. Would probably be fine to use it, but it gives me an excuse to not have to build another! Going to have Lee Mar make both stands instead. The quotes are a bit more than I was expecting though :(

Perfectionist? I know the feeling-I got a perfectly nice stand from a local reefer with my cube and have proceeded to spend the last ~2 weeks sanding, priming, and painting it(from black to white. "It'll be a piece of cake," I said...never again! 3 coats of primer and you could still see gray!)

• 3 weeks later...

o_o Need to organize my first post some...

Both tanks and stands should be done soon, hoping to have them on the 19th :)

Started cooking all of the pukani dry rock on Monday. Didn't rinse it at all, which I probably should have. By Tuesday it reeked of rotten nastiness (it is being done inside due to the temperatures)! Not sure how long it will take to cure.

Hopefully it will be nearly done around Christmas as I'm off work the 25th-2nd. If it is close I can add it to the tank along with the sand to finish cycling it all.

Still waiting to find out the exact dimension, of what matters, of the stands so I can figure out the sump. May end up needing someone to build one since all the sumps I can find are the wrong dimensions.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to pick up my tanks and stands Sunday the 23rd!!! Ordered equipment today...will have most of it this week, but sadly some of it next week.

Still have to figure out a sump for the cube...

Going to pick up my tanks and stands Sunday the 23rd!!! Ordered equipment today...will have most of it this week, but sadly some of it next week.

awesome! just in time for christmas :D

Ordered another ~$350 dollars in nothing but plumbing from marinedepot last night. These tanks are going to bankrupt me!

Decided to build the sump out of glass. No experience working with acrylic and glass is a lot cheaper. Have it all drawn out and ready to go, need to find a glass shop that isn't taking the week between Christmas and New Years off...

Hope to have everything up and running by the end of the month :)

• 2 weeks later...

All of those pictures were to show the absolutley terrible quality of the tank and stand... A flashlight reveals even more.

20130101_181536.jpg
20130101_181555.jpg
20130101_181615.jpg
20130101_181704.jpg
20130101_181815.jpg
20130101_181817.jpg
20130101_182122.jpg
20130101_182237.jpg
20130101_182408.jpg
20130101_182420.jpg

This tank is a total piece of shit. LFS I ordered it (as well as a 36x24x20) through has contacted Lee Mar and is waiting for a response. The 36x24x20 has issues as well, mainly bubbles in the silicone. The cube looks like a total boob built it!!!

So both tanks are bad. Scratches, some deep, on all three viewing panes of the 36x24x20... LFS called Lee Mar and spoke with Brian, their master tank builder, and was laughed at, literally! LFS was told half of their tanks are sent out with air bubbles in the silicone and half aren't, it is simply a part of the curing process. Brian stated he personally looked over both tanks before sending them out and there were perfect, no scratches or any of the issues in the photos...

Brian did agree, instantly, that the stands were no where near the quality they should have been. Go figure.

This is not the quality or level of customer service I was expecting from a company with a reputation such as theirs. If I wanted bad customer service and shitty tanks I would have ordered something from CAD Lights or bought a 24x24x24 Mr. Aqua tank.

JESUS that tank looks horrible. Deep Blue makes a 24x24x24 for 299.99 and it looks way better than that. What is up with the inside of that stand with those little scrap pieces of wood filled in there? Sorry to hear and see this review. Nothing like waiting on something custom all excited and a POS shows up. I now see why you felt sick. Hope you get something worked out. Keep us updated

Wow nice! Doing a leak test next?
Must of forgot to put on your glasses.

Nice what bank did you rob? :)

No comment o_o

The rest of my stuff hasn't arrived yet...not that it matters much since I have no tanks to use it all on/in! Waiting on the Tunze return pumps and something else I think. Still have to order the skimmer, two sumps and a couple of battery backups.

As you can see, I'm not cheaping out on anything for these tanks, which makes the poor quality from Lee Mar hurt even more.

Archived