Innovative Marine Aquariums

Seabass's 17.4 Gallon (taken down)

seabass

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TY yoshii! I uploaded a low definition clip, so I'm not sure if you can really see the havoc she's creating. :lol: She really can't cause enough damage to amount to anything, so I just think she's cute.

Mlsund, glad you stopped by; thanks!

I was moving a bunch of stuff and didn't really know what to do with this rock flower anemone, so I put it in this tank with the others; but (as typical) it preferred this spot by the blender:

051211a.jpg

Instead of scraping it off like last time, I thought I'd place a rock next to it and see what happens. Here are a few shots (spanning about a half an hour):

anemone.gif

Thanks AM! I figured that not too many people get to see the foot view of them moving around. It has kind of wedged its foot between the sand and the rock (it's not on the glass anymore).

steviejitsu

what is your clownfish doing? Is it plucking at the grass? Cool clownfish haha. Very active like you said

I think she was mostly hunting pods, but then started to tear up the grass and kick up the sand. She's like an old friend who I've kept for years. I almost lost her to an infection once, but she responded well to treatment.

It has buried its foot in the sand. I imagine that is pretty typical behavior in the wild; although we don't always get a good shot of it.

051311a.jpg

Just realized I've been doing nothing but lurking for like ever in hear. Hi Seabass, could you try & get one of those get detail shots. For the entire depth of the bed. I'm interested in seeing the stratification if present.

Just realized I've been doing nothing but lurking for like ever in hear. Hi Seabass, could you try & get one of those get detail shots. For the entire depth of the bed. I'm interested in seeing the stratification if present.
Hi bitts! :) It hasn't changed very much. I didn't have my camera with me, but here's an iPhone pic:

051411b.jpg

FTS:

051611a.jpg

I added a small Nepthea leather coral (which hasn't grown in years) to see how it responds to this environment.

Thanks! :)

Yeah, I'll probably move that anemone out of this tank in the future (I kind of ran out of room for it at the time). However, for now, it seems happy enough where it is.

FTS looks great man. Just out of curiosity, how full will the grass grow in? Will it become as thick as lawn?

Some looks like its getting pretty long.

Thank you gg! I expect that it will get a little more full. However, the shoal grass (the longer species) seems to be able to out compete the oar grass. I'm guessing that soon I'll have to start controlling both species.

Thanks ajmckay! :happydance:

Flatworms were taking over, so I treated with Flatworm eXit. As part of the treatment, I had to run carbon afterward. I'm happy with how clear the water looks with activated carbon. I might have to add it to my sump equipment. Here is today's FTS:

052511a.jpg

This is a beautiful shot. Well done bassmaster!!!
Thanks Henry!

Beautiful! I like this setup!!! Is it manatee grass?
Thank you! The longer grass on the right is shoal grass, and the shorter grass on the left is oar grass.

Thanks Laks! I'd say they grow pretty fast. I received this shipment on February 2nd of this year:

020211a.jpg

021211b.jpg

I haven't added any more since then.

Archived