Pod Your Reef

Tamberav's 75g reef build

Tamberav

Little by little, moving the corals to the rock. Started on the zoa garden on the left.

28345203641_bb74bb9977_k.jpg

2016-07-19_10-17-52 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

27807080124_45b2bdeb02_k.jpg2016-07-19_10-14-12 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

I'm glad things are moving in the right direction!

I just added a Pictus Clown Blenny to my potential stock list, he's cute! :lol:

Ya need one! He's my favorite fish. Pint sized bundle of personality and keeps the rock clean to boot.

• Like 5

How much did the Pictus cost? They are uncommon here in the US.

yup. Hotwater is right, I paid I like $50 or $60 off Diver's Den, quiet a few showed up this year on DD, maybe we will be seeing them more often? It was one of my personal "holy grail" fish I had been wanting for years.

The goby which I have never seen before, was only $50 with shrimp, so I guess if you minus the shrimp cost thats like $25 or $30 for another oddball. I saw him finally starting to poke his head out and give me dirty looks.

• Like 2

Picked up some zoa's today from another reefer.

Radioactive dragons

Eagle eyes (or maybe watermelons, idk)

Fire and ice

Purple deaths

Blue agave pally's

Blowpops

Some may end up in the 10g, depends what I have room for.

• Like 2

Nice choices! I'm sure you know this already, but watch out for the purple deaths, in my tank they really spread fast and tend to overgrow the smaller zoas.

• Like 1

Putting in an order with cultivated reef. :)

Nice choices! I'm sure you know this already, but watch out for the purple deaths, in my tank they really spread fast and tend to overgrow the smaller zoas.

Thanks for the heads up, I will keep an eye and frag them back. I hope they take off, purple is my fav color!! I never had success with them though, however my rastas were absolute weeds in my previous tank and I had to frag them constantly.

• Like 2

Finally getting some Nitrates.

Todays tests:

NO3: 0.75

PO4: 0.02

I got the auto doser going for alk too.

Cultivated Reef order arrives tomorrow.

• Like 2

More cleaning up corals today, removed more mushrooms and a leather coral. I glued down my two montiporas, the green one was threatening to take over the frag rack. Go the pH prob dialed in and running.

I was planning on a mixed reef but thinking more SPS, LPS, and zoas + ricordias. I am thinking the leather corals may hinder SPS growth.

Plan on making the IM10 a softy centered tank, guessing I will have to constantly frag the leathers in there to keep them reasonable size!

If getting rid of any leathers I have the last of my sps id trade you on Wrs.

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

Finally getting some Nitrates.

Todays tests:

NO3: 0.75

PO4: 0.02

I got the auto doser going for alk too.

Cultivated Reef order arrives tomorrow.

looks good tam! Love the bicolor in the corner! Where's the CR order??
  • Like 1

If getting rid of any leathers I have the last of my sps id trade you on Wrs.

I do have some bright green nepthea that could use a new home.

looks good tam! Love the bicolor in the corner! Where's the CR order??

Thanks, I plan to grow the bicolor out huge... it started as 3 heads and has been fragged numerous times, it finally has some room to grow. uwwmatt's TOTM was inspiration: http://www.nano-reef.com/featured/_/2012/uwwmatt-r65

I just love his hammer colony.

CR order came and its awesome! I took some pics but haven't got around to taking them off the camera yet. CR rocks, they sent me a XL dragon soul and tons of freebies. I ordered 4 things and I think I got 8 lol

Once clams come in stock, I am going to order again and maybe do one of their SPS packs to see what I get.

• Like 1

I have one purple stylo frag left, bunch of radioactive acro,blue stag, Psammocora, red or orange cap, and can make small frags of tyree purple unknown. Oh and back to livestock at best fish. I don't believe he has anything in stone but always says if you feel that something died and wasn't right to let him know and they will make right. I have had pretty good luck with everything from them. I lost one long nose hawk one time and mentioned it and even said it wasn't the stores fault as I believe things happen. He ended up not charging me for Another when he got it in. You will notice he has many dry goods lower than can find online. I can't even say how cheap I have got items from Him. I feel like owe him money. Brian is definitely worth getting to know. Very nice person to have in this hobby. He does a ton for Wrs also.

• Like 2

I have one purple stylo frag left, bunch of radioactive acro,blue stag, Psammocora, red or orange cap, and can make small frags of tyree purple unknown. Oh and back to livestock at best fish. I don't believe he has anything in stone but always says if you feel that something died and wasn't right to let him know and they will make right. I have had pretty good luck with everything from them. I lost one long nose hawk one time and mentioned it and even said it wasn't the stores fault as I believe things happen. He ended up not charging me for Another when he got it in. You will notice he has many dry goods lower than can find online. I can't even say how cheap I have got items from Him. I feel like owe him money. Brian is definitely worth getting to know. Very nice person to have in this hobby. He does a ton for Wrs also.

Sounds awesome, so getting salt from there might be worth it? I'm going to have to see what they have for supplements.

I would love to trade for a frag of that tyree unknown, had to look that up, seems like it has some interesting growth pattern.

• Like 1

He runs many specials on salts and if member of Wrs he does group buys couple times a year. I'll make a frag for you. Also there is a nice swap coming up in sept in the area.

• Like 1

Here are shots of some of the Cultivated Reef frags... I ordered 4 but got 8 :lol:

This is the dragon soul they sent me, was supposed to me a small frag, its a huge XL piece. woo!

28642701235_86bfafb970_h.jpgdragon-soul by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

This is a tri-color acro I ordered, and to the left was a free pocci they sent me and behind it a free strawberry fields acro :) I also got devil's armor, pink zippers, a blasto, and a green acro.

28610331066_cf9feb923d_h.jpgTri-color-acro by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

This fish is completely underrated, I even saw someone call them ugly :( They can change colors and patterns on a whim, sometimes I will see it one color, it disappears behind a rock and comes out as another color. I think they get overlooked at the pet store because they are not brightly colored and they look more bland when stressed. She is wearing tiger stripes today though :)

28610330376_585268fc11_k.jpgtriangle3 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

28642703325_72b0f90b1f_h.jpgtriangle2 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

She hasn't bothered any coral, she is going for that stalk of algae.

28642702955_7cc5015079_h.jpgtriangle1 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

Lined dartfish

28642700685_7ea4786feb_k.jpgdartfish1 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

28642700145_2edffcfc90_k.jpgdartfish by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

• Like 2

It's adorable. I've been wondering about it myself for my own tank when I saw one in our local Petco 2 mos back- I know there's one that eats aptasia then others that do not. Which kind is this?

• Like 1

It's adorable. I've been wondering about it myself for my own tank when I saw one in our local Petco 2 mos back- I know there's one that eats aptasia then others that do not. Which kind is this?

This one doesn't eat aptasia that I know of, it is the Whitespotted Pygmy Filefish, maxes out around 3 inches. They actually come from temperate/subtropical waters but ORA has them breeding in 80 degree water and they seem to do really well.

Some sites say they eat snails/corals but I don't believe that to be true as I have had her for awhile now and she doesn't even bother baby snails, she loves algae though. I think because they are a filefish they sort of copy and pasted information about filefish in general.

Awesome fish! I have the radial filefish and agree with you when you say that they are underrated. They definitely add personality to a tank :) great pics of it too!

• Like 1