ReefCleaners.org

20 Gallons: 100 Corals ~ New Hydra!

TFish77

Sooooo I guess I am doing another frag swap in June. Guess that means its time for more frags ;). Bit the bullet and fragged up the sticks tonight.

6XCYOQy.jpg

• Like 1

you also have flat flat flat terrain. Granted I was only in San Antonio for the time being.

Alright I will concede that. Dallas is terrible when it comes to any differentiation in terrain. But that's why we have Austin!

• Like 2

Alright I will concede that. Dallas is terrible when it comes to any differentiation in terrain. But that's why we have Austin!

I hear Austin is like Portland's sister city! I am down for that :)

T5's and tinfoil for the acros. I love it. :)

Really like the tank, I've always been drawn to the wall packed with corals look.

• Like 1

T5's and tinfoil for the acros. I love it. :)

Really like the tank, I've always been drawn to the wall packed with corals look.

Lol your the second person to call me out on the tinfoil! I'm sure its exponentially worse than an actual reflector but it keeps them out of my eyes (for the most part) so it works. I have seriously considered switching to a metal halide with two ai primes on either side and a 150w radium but they don't make that bulb in a mogul base anymore. I also can't justify running a 250w metal halide above a 20g :D.

Also thank you. I've always been drawn to the idea of having a true mixed reef with a ton of different species that compete for space but don't completely overwhelm each other. I also definitely didn't start with a wall of coral but I realized very quickly that I needed as much space as possible for more corals...Must have more corals.

• 2 months later...
Narzyzz_12

Wow that's a great system you've got there,goes to should that with proper husbandry theres no need for tons of fancy equipment.That works out just well right less money spent on equipment means more money for coral. :naughtydance:

• 4 months later...

FTS sometime in late October/Early November. I will try and keep this thread more up to date. Been busy :happy:.

KxBa35g.jpg

K9Bymta.jpg

Gr0ieaz.jpg

Rainbow Montipora

IlY1URi.jpg

lYvDjfQ.jpg

Rock Flower Nems

RsLmRHN.jpg

Red Baron Chalice

KJRHrur.jpg

Gold Meister Chalice

71zZMzQ.jpg

Same coral from above. Moved to larger tank

2gCJWc5.jpg

Acropora

QYcEROD.jpg

Same 2 acros from above

1qc70m9.jpg

jFmRm6G.jpg

Walt Disney Acropora

MosMLzx.jpg

Fox Flame Acropora

YfJPgq9.jpg

234OPiy.jpg

Raja Rampage Chalice

SBg4YTq.jpg

Wildfire Digitata

ASgyWL5.jpg

Something Pretty

ryBmrGM.jpg

Montipora

MX0W3iG.jpg

Blueberry Gorgonia

PaLQqxM.jpg

Favias

dtowefh.jpg

Jack-o-Lantern

yNriroC.jpg

6wgbouF.jpg

Watermelon Chalice

w2LxRrS.jpg

yF5CM1m.jpg

Chalice

ndjBpkN.jpg

• Like 5

That is flipping awesome. No matter how hard I try I still fail at keeping smaller tanks healthy ... small like 40 gallons. :o Did I mention how awesome everything looks. I can't stop staring at the FTS, this is the kind of look I love in a reef tank.

That is flipping awesome. No matter how hard I try I still fail at keeping smaller tanks healthy ... small like 40 gallons. :o Did I mention how awesome everything looks. I can't stop staring at the FTS, this is the kind of look I love in a reef tank.

Haha well I appreciate it. The only reason I even started a small tank is someone told me I couldn't do it. The rest is history I guess. It really isn't as hard as everyone makes it out to be. Just change your water :-p.

I was wondering where this was! Glad to see you back. SImply stunning!

Nick

I have been wanting to at least drop an update for the longest time but life kept getting in the way. Been a weird few months. Happens to everyone I guess. I am getting ready to redo a lot of the tank so I wanted to get a couple updated shots up before I tore a lot of it out lol.

Build, Grow, Frag, Repeat :-p.

i never been to texas. i been missing out....

Well that's only in the Summer months... But I guess here is 11 months out of the year.

• Like 1

Oh hey! A fellow Texan! I'm from Dallas as well.

I may not be a fan of the wall of rock look, but your corals are beautiful enough to make up for it. Keep up the good work!

Oh hey! A fellow Texan! I'm from Dallas as well.

I may not be a fan of the wall of rock look, but your corals are beautiful enough to make up for it. Keep up the good work!

Howdy! You going to Texas Coral Fest this weekend?

Yeah I tried to be a little more feng shui with my first stack in the 10 gallon but when I upgraded I knew I wanted as much space for corals as possible :D .

Howdy! You going to Texas Coral Fest this weekend?

Yeah I tried to be a little more feng shui with my first stack in the 10 gallon but when I upgraded I knew I wanted as much space for corals as possible :D .

Sadly, no. I'm in Alabama for college.

I can understand the the need for more places to put corals. You can never have too many, can you?

• Like 1

Love this tank. How do you handle cleaning detritus from around/ on the rocks and the sand? Is the Montipora attached to the back wall?

Thank You! For detritus in the sand I use a small siphon during water changes plus have an assortment of nassarius snails, a sand sifting star, and plenty of tube worms that keep it clean as well. The snails and crabs also keep the rocks clean. All different kinds of varying sizes.

Parts of the orange monti are attached to back wall yes. The purple with the orange in it is actually one solid piece. I am getting ready to remove all of it again and start over with some real nice ones. This will be the second time I will have had to remove large portions of those montis. Those things grow like crazy right under the light but unfortunately shade my acros at a certain point :angry:.

• Like 1

I always found tanks with a couple large and mature corals to be more aesthetic but this tank does look beautiful and you clearly know what your doing!

I appreciate it. I know what you mean about having larger colonies though. Some of mine have a gotten a bit too big as it is. Which is why I finally made the plunge and grabbed a 150 from a friend :D. This should be fun.

zITc64K.jpg

yGHPAKf.jpg

SO5suQU.jpg

• Like 2

So I was able to get most of the old stain off of the wood. The crown molding along the edges was definitely difficult but I think I got it all taken care of. Now to waterproof it so it doesn't end up looking like it did :-).

zsYd1u3.jpg

s3s4spo.jpg

uVFIIaa.jpg