ReefCleaners.org

20 Gallons: 100 Corals ~ New Hydra!

TFish77

Still been slowly replacing old corals out of the 20g with new ones. I will get an updated picture soon.

I did manage to get thew new light for the 150g cleaned and installed. Fit like a glove :-). Now I just need to get all the rocks re-done and the sand added.

rYXEvNx.jpg

Eu4VVP2.jpg

6XUFq7o.jpg

That shimmer tho...

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Finallyyyy got the 150g 100% complete. 250#'s of Live Rock and 200#'s of live sand. My 20g will always be my baby but there is something absolutely mesmerizing about staring into a large system. It's almost hypnotic.

Unfortunately one of the ballasts for the middle halide decided to stop working. I tried to open up the ballast to take a look but the screws are completely rusted shut. Should be fun figuring this one out <_<.

Before

SO5suQU.jpg 

yGHPAKf.jpg

After

VseJxEv.jpg

asiZIiU.jpg

Gv726Sa.jpg

Also this is my new favorite trio!

QbKgNk5.jpg

• Like 1

Got home after most of the lights had gone off and finally saw this lovely pair after about 6 months of only hearing clicking noises in the night. Glad to see they are both alive and well!

qwhbfdY.jpg

Also, more tank envy -_-. This is just insane. 

uKwtHJ7.jpg

5DHYOFw.jpg

I don't know what it is but these are two of the absolute sexiest montis I have ever seen. Pictures don't even begin to do these guys justice as they essentially glow in person. 

+1 for Aquacultured corals! 

Aqua SD Confused Rainbow Reverse Sunset Monti

eXKblDN.jpg

Jason Fox Beach Bum Monti 

Vqi8oV8.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Picked up a lovely Pink Floyd Acro from Texas Coral Fest this past weekend B).

9nBHFOA.jpg

Also stopped by to help a friend with her tank and made a new best friend. 

cHEABRg.jpg

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
On 9/28/2017 at 11:11 AM, holy carp said:

ping...

Been a bit behind on updates and will get all caught up here shortly. I finally decided to prune the tank after months of letting it grow a little too out of control. Here are a few before and after shots as well as some low effort FTS's after water changes. 

5vDYi7L.jpg

IsClA35.jpg

iDuy9Qn.jpg

Eg5HP68.jpg

After

9jkIGaf.jpg

y1fZ8Sa.jpg

NwM3QVQ.jpg

OPeqEqb.jpg

mJgAT7P.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Finally was able to get a good deal on a new AI Hydra! I really think that will help with my shadowing/coloration issue with some of the acros as the fluorescents don't just seem to cut it. Still trying to get stuff moved around and finalized in the tank :unsure: .

KOStrBF.jpg

NPVzH60.jpg

Man, I can't believe I just discovered this tank! Phenomenal setup man.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot that I discovered this tank a year + ago, and I'm ashamed that I haven't been following this build thread.

Are you still running the tank on a single HOB filter and a bag of chemipure? 

1 hour ago, xiaoxiy said:

Man, I can't believe I just discovered this tank! Phenomenal setup man.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot that I discovered this tank a year + ago, and I'm ashamed that I haven't been following this build thread.

Are you still running the tank on a single HOB filter and a bag of chemipure? 

Yessir and thank you for the compliment! Only upgrade has been the addition of a new LED as of yesterday and a Bubble Magus 3 part doser (got as a gift :-) ) just to automate what I was already dosing. No sumps, no skimmers, no reactors, no nothing. I always feel bad when I see new build threads with a laundry list of equipment that is often times unnecessary.

Light + Flow + Consistency = Success 

c1gRQaF.jpg

pmNpjsc.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, TFish77 said:

Yessir and thank you for the compliment! Only upgrade has been the addition of a new LED as of yesterday and a Bubble Magus 3 part doser (got as a gift :-) ) just to automate what I was already dosing. No sumps, no skimmers, no reactors, no nothing. I always feel bad when I see new build threads with a laundry list of equipment that is often times unnecessary.

Light + Flow + Consistency = Success 

I think you hit the nail on the head with this statement. I noticed recently that I've been so caught up with "upgrading" my tank, whether it be a new skimmer, new lights, new doser, carbon dosing, additives and misc, that I have forgotten to stop and ask myself whether these upgrades were necessary. Along the way, I've also noticed that I've unfortunately transitioned from enjoying my tank's inhabitations to obsessing over the equipment that runs my tank.

Maybe it's time for me to take a step back from my tank, enjoy my tank, stop fiddling with the equipment and just do weekly water changes. 

• Like 1
On 10/4/2017 at 12:46 PM, xiaoxiy said:

I think you hit the nail on the head with this statement. I noticed recently that I've been so caught up with "upgrading" my tank, whether it be a new skimmer, new lights, new doser, carbon dosing, additives and misc, that I have forgotten to stop and ask myself whether these upgrades were necessary. Along the way, I've also noticed that I've unfortunately transitioned from enjoying my tank's inhabitations to obsessing over the equipment that runs my tank.

Maybe it's time for me to take a step back from my tank, enjoy my tank, stop fiddling with the equipment and just do weekly water changes. 

Oh I absolutely couldn't agree more. Don't get me wrong I would love to have a fancy apex, a mp 10, and some other very cool but unnecessary equipment for my tank. That is also because I would consider myself a fairly hardcore hobbyist and enjoy tinkering and learning about new stuff. For the majority of people all that extra equipment tends to do is over complicate things and lead to more issues. 

I just wish I could get on a rooftop and scream "JUST CHANGE THE DAMN WATER" to everyone having problems :lol:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Jonboy21 said:

Great read, very interesting.. love the mix of the corals and the colours they bring! Also well don on the Tang,this hobby needs more people like you!! 

Thank you very much! I try and keep things as simple as possible. I just wish there was a single recipe for success.

That tang is still currently residing in a friends 210. She is very happy and I have monthly visitation rights :lol:

SX4nBxF.jpg

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...