Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

20 Gallons: 100 Corals ~ New Hydra!

TFish77

Lovely tank, Ill have to follow your build!

How mean is this guy?

Much appreciated! I try and keep it as updated as possible. :happy:

Yeah that fascination is one of my favorite corals. Check out the main colony I got it from. Mines still just a baby but soon!

SinTJNp.jpg

• Like 3
Elizabeth94

It looks brilliant. Looks to be an enchinata, which I never owned because I hear they are very aggressive. However, when I get a bigger system you NEED to sell me a frag of that. So awesome.

Check out this picture from a member on Reef Central. I have never seen anything that aggressive. Ever.

fuge015-1.jpg

Acan Echinata is super aggressive, and will murder Acan Lords or pretty much anything else that gets close to it. The exception was an orange yuma that went toe to toe (head to head?) and won.

Here's a photo of the aftermath of Acan Echinata vs Orange Setosa. This is the actual distance at which the battle took place:

83f64149-1f8a-4d73-a472-5d1b3e71b49f_zps

Here's the same colony v Acan Lord

IMG_20150120_092849_051_zps7bdb4724.jpg

Is it an Acan Echinata? Has it been beating up on its neighbors? Amazing looking colors, though.

It looks brilliant. Looks to be an enchinata, which I never owned because I hear they are very aggressive. However, when I get a bigger system you NEED to sell me a frag of that. So awesome.

Check out this picture from a member on Reef Central. I have never seen anything that aggressive. Ever.

fuge015-1.jpg

Acan Echinata is super aggressive, and will murder Acan Lords or pretty much anything else that gets close to it. The exception was an orange yuma that went toe to toe (head to head?) and won.

Here's a photo of the aftermath of Acan Echinata vs Orange Setosa. This is the actual distance at which the battle took place:

83f64149-1f8a-4d73-a472-5d1b3e71b49f_zps

Here's the same colony v Acan Lord

IMG_20150120_092849_051_zps7bdb4724.jpg

It's actually just a favia with relatively short sweeper tentacles. It doesn't bother the setosa or other favia it is near although I am very worried about the St. Thomas Bounce that is inching ever closer to it <_< .

If you are in Texas or near it I will have four frags for sale at Texas Coral Fest! It has been growing really quickly.

If you are in Texas or near it I will have four frags for sale at Texas Coral Fest! It has been growing really quickly.

I wanted to go , but after last year no thanks . Nothing but booger sized pieces for stupid asking prices. Kind of ruined it for me .

Your corals are looking great though .

Everything pictured will be priced to sell at Texas Coral Fest!

S4FFfVe.jpg

CPdLkEV.jpg

CDbGy8D.jpg

2ve2nSF.jpg

Vg8NWvb.jpg

rYvcbU3.jpg

sqbN141.jpg

TNzMtaI.jpg

KkVNCAQ.jpg

nQrjRim.jpg

lCVQDzh.jpg

CS84FmA.jpg

Vk6QMsf.jpg

lYsZuPa.jpg

nKryNpP.jpg

u3zVRsw.jpg

I wanted to go , but after last year no thanks . Nothing but booger sized pieces for stupid asking prices. Kind of ruined it for me .

Your corals are looking great though .

Yeah they definitely have some ridiculous pieces for ridiculous prices. No beach bum monti for me :(. I always try and grab at least one or two pieces though. A lot of times vendors are flexible with their pricing so I try to get a deal when I can.

I am just working it this year to help raise money for Dynamic Reef Systems. Should have a lot of good stuff at really good prices. Just want to sell as much as possible.

• Like 1

OMG, this thread needs to have a consistent beginning of its title. I keep thinking there's a new thread... and it's already 6 pages long! :lol:

Oh, and is that just an MJ crammed into an old DI canister full of carbon? I like that DIY.

OMG, this thread needs to have a consistent beginning of its title. I keep thinking there's a new thread... and it's already 6 pages long! :lol:

Oh, and is that just an MJ crammed into an old DI canister full of carbon? I like that DIY.

Haha I know I'm sorry. I need to just title it "The 20" or something. And yes to your question if your talking about the frag tank :happy:.

On another note the frag show hasn't even started and I'm already out of money. I feel like a drug habit would be much cheaper for me!

Just a couple new photos.

aODk7sf.jpg

gN4nFUN.jpg

SB3clM2.jpg

QPExKNf.jpg

eqogd7f.jpg

fsOnpWm.jpg

Estg0wR.jpg

uoc0kLy.jpg

This guy didn't sell at the frag swap but he does have a new name: "The Nutsack" :lol:

pU2DhFj.jpg

He is actually coming out. Getting too damn big!

V7yXHtJ.jpg

byb3rH5.jpg

Red Planet finally starting to get some color back now that its actually in some light :D

ztqvWPZ.jpg

98Ob8dG.jpg

pCznvT3.jpg

Also I am in the process of redoing a couple of things. First the birdsnest barnacle is going to be trimmed back and the bigger colony is going to be replaced with a nice rainbow stylo I picked up from Frontline Pro Aquatics at the frag swap.

Yr5Y1AL.jpg

0PSEuUD.jpg

Second I fragged back all of my zoanthids (minus a few stragglers) and am in the process of replacing everything now. Out with the old and in with the new!

dN2egEL.jpg

• Like 1

So I decided I wanted to change things up a bit in the zoa department. I pulled out all of my old zoas on my far right rock and have completely replaced them. Sometimes you just need a change I guess. I also wanted to grow out my higher ends I have been collecting :P .

So I went from this.....

jjLmAiL.jpg

To this...

dN2egEL.jpg

To this...

AFARUc1.jpg

So the new rock now consists of Utter Chaos Palys, Cornbred White Zombies, what's supposed to be Cornbred Bowsers :closedeyes:, Candy Apple Reds, and some incredible unknown zoas that I have yet to get identified.

UM4Vgjl.jpg

i3KkbUm.jpg

Z1oGLwr.jpg

bgYQqGO.jpg

• Like 2

Freudian slip :lol:

I like the new zoa combo btw. Look forward to seeing how they grow out.

Haha damn't just noticed.

And thank you!

They look great. You're reemphasizing my recent zoa cravings.

Yeah the cravings only seem to ever get worse.

The lights turned off while I was staring at the tank so I had to take more pictures :lol:

VJlconc.jpg

8Rw4bCS.jpg

Udr7VVR.jpg

7tRSDAn.jpg

1tUCawl.jpg

tbaIhL7.jpg

n9bKH0Y.jpg

Chemical Reaction trying its best to come back!

wwoMj4D.jpg

And how I managed to fill up the frag tank again is beyond me... :huh:

ZFkkkPp.jpg

• Like 2

YAG6AzT.jpg

gUk4cNk.jpg

Here are a couple sexy pics from my new camera B)

5dXeL8t.jpg

dkwk6Pc.jpg

ENXZql8.jpg

1t0lATB.jpg

yWE4gGJ.jpg

Happy Reefing Everyone!

awesome photos and such a simple but nice frag tank.

Just started my 170L now, trying to build up the corals.

what new camera and lens do you use now?

awesome photos and such a simple but nice frag tank.

Just started my 170L now, trying to build up the corals.

what new camera and lens do you use now?

I recently switched to a Samsung Galaxy S6 to take my coral pictures. Nothing fancy. No 100mm macro lens or anything like that. Just a good ole' fashion camera phone and some patience :lol:. Biggest advice I can give on that is turn up your lights and turn down your exposure. Really seems to bring out the color in the corals without everything being drowned out in light.

You got any pictures of your 170L(according to google 44us gallons :happy:)?

I recently switched to a Samsung Galaxy S6 to take my coral pictures. Nothing fancy. No 100mm macro lens or anything like that. Just a good ole' fashion camera phone and some patience :lol:. Biggest advice I can give on that is turn up your lights and turn down your exposure. Really seems to bring out the color in the corals without everything being drowned out in light.

You got any pictures of your 170L(according to google 44us gallons :happy:)?

yea, I have, still new tank, deciding how to place corals.

bZmrONim.jpg

wCHRbp3l.jpg

qMEPF4rl.jpg

MaYgjDam.jpg

jmwGZhbm.jpg

yea, I have, still new tank, deciding how to place corals.

bZmrONim.jpg

wCHRbp3l.jpg

qMEPF4rl.jpg

MaYgjDam.jpg

jmwGZhbm.jpg

Soooo my quick two cents. First off I love the setup! Very nice and room for all kinds of stuff. When it comes to coral placement there a few things I would try and do. First off keep your euphelias together. Seems like you have a couple and they will grow nice grouped up with each other. Second I would make sure that your elegance and your brain are both in the sand bed relatively far apart from each other. Third I would remove the gsp from the last pic. I know it seems like a cool coral initially but you will inevitably be trying to remove it down the road so there is no sense in starting with it now :D.

Other than that it seems like you are off to a great start. You got a build thread going yet?

Soooo my quick two cents. First off I love the setup! Very nice and room for all kinds of stuff. When it comes to coral placement there a few things I would try and do. First off keep your euphelias together. Seems like you have a couple and they will grow nice grouped up with each other. Second I would make sure that your elegance and your brain are both in the sand bed relatively far apart from each other. Third I would remove the gsp from the last pic. I know it seems like a cool coral initially but you will inevitably be trying to remove it down the road so there is no sense in starting with it now :D.

Other than that it seems like you are off to a great start. You got a build thread going yet?

Thanks for tips.

I wanna get a Hammer euphelias to go right front corner with the Torch and Frogspawn.

Didn't know about the Brain and Elegance needing distance, I know Elegance packs a sting right like the Euphelias.

My GSP is actually reducing.....the red leg hermit I had was having a go at it....either that or it was cleaning it.

I have a build in 'All in One Tank' but its more of info for people to get detail about dimensions on tank, sump, return chamber, etc etc, not really a 'fish & coral' build...........tons of them here anyway....

• Like 1