SaltCritters.com

Hypes Final Nano Bommie

Rehype

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omg yay, you are back. im sure we will all be pleased with your work on this grand finale of a tank. im guessing that there will be a predatory fish of some kind? you really seemed to like those. Anyways looking forward to your tank as always

Happy to see you back, jealous of the MH.

Thanks arce appreciate you checking in

The TwinArc lamps are so interesting in their design, a good choice :)

Though with halides I always prefer the look of a Radium on an M80, that crisp color is almost unmatched. Almost ;)

Thanks ben. They are truly ingenious I wish they had been around longer and other manufacturers had the opportunity to design bulbs

Believe it or not the 20k reefbrite looks very similar to the Radium ill have to post a pic.

Woot Woot, looking forward to this one unfolding :). There has been a void in my soul since you took down the zero edge :(.

Thanks alot jase....sorry man

I really like that shelf sticking out... what are u gonna stick on it?

Thanks bunster... SPS for sure just havent decided on the species.

The TwinArc lamps are so interesting in their design, a good choice :)

Though with halides I always prefer the look of a Radium on an M80, that crisp color is almost unmatched. Almost ;)

Stop kidding yourself Benny . While I love LEDs , there is nothing that even comes close to the natural "sun" look of a good MH setup.

I still love you , but I think you may have hit your head .

omg yay, you are back. im sure we will all be pleased with your work on this grand finale of a tank. im guessing that there will be a predatory fish of some kind? you really seemed to like those. Anyways looking forward to your tank as always

Thanks alot cam appreciate the vote of confidence. Im going back and forth on that one as there could be compatibility issues but its definitely on the table.

While I love LEDs , there is nothing that even comes close to the natural "sun" look of a good MH setup.

Couldn't agree more...

One more FTS..

21203499291_b30286cc86_z.jpg

jedimasterben

Stop kidding yourself Benny . While I love LEDs , there is nothing that even comes close to the natural "sun" look of a good MH setup.

I still love you , but I think you may have hit your head .

You've not seen some of the arrays I've built, then. ;)

Welcome back, Eu. Not expecting much, except for your usual excellence. Now stop teasing and let this tank go and give us a couple years to enjoy ;) . Im thinking you may have pushed me over the edge and think I'll go back to my 400w MH or purchase the 36" ReefBrite. Although I do love me the Phoenix 14k.

Welcome back, Eu. Not expecting much, except for your usual excellence. Now stop teasing and let this tank go and give us a couple years to enjoy ;) . Im thinking you may have pushed me over the edge and think I'll go back to my 400w MH or purchase the 36" ReefBrite. Although I do love me the Phoenix 14k.

Thanks alot Fnard really appreciate you checking in. Come on back we can start a new halide club :happy: The phoenix is a great bulb although im sure you would love the 20k radium just as much if not more.

jedimasterben

Wanna send me some to demo/rate? :)

Sure, but shipping is like $400 ;):lol:

If that's the case , you could be a billionaire son

Nah, no one listens to me :lol:

Hey Ben heres how its looks with the just the 20k. It may look different once it burns in a bit more but I think its more or less its true color.

20599006174_fa6dc8d79d_z.jpg

jedimasterben

Hey Ben heres how its looks with the just the 20k. It may look different once it burns in a bit more but I think its more or less its true color.

20599006174_fa6dc8d79d_z.jpg

Very sexy, not at all what most people see as 20k, which is just blue LED :lol:

When you gonna start loading the tank up? :D

Very sexy, not at all what most people see as 20k, which is just blue LED :lol:

When you gonna start loading the tank up? :D

I know right :lol: Its definitely blue but not enough that it drowns out all other colors even when the LEDs are on.

Really soon actually just waiting for the diatom bloom and hair algae phase to finish up.

Manufacturers attempt to apply a Kelvin rating, but it's highly subjective. To my eye, this looks more like a 17.75K ;)

Looks nice, for sure.

jedimasterben

Manufacturers attempt to apply a Kelvin rating, but it's highly subjective. To my eye, this looks more like a 17.75K ;)

Looks nice, for sure.

It takes equipment that none of them want to pay for to get a legitimate measurement, so now its like 'Whose Line' - everything's made up and the kelvins don't matter :lol:

Looks nice, for sure.

Thanks alot nano. Very true it varies considerably between the bulb and ballast being used but reefers generally seem to prefer the overwhelming blue look. The cool thing is if i dim the bulb its considerably more blue

Abstract..lol

20602818853_3cb508526d.jpg

Thanks alot nano. Very true it varies considerably between the bulb and ballast being used but reefers generally seem to prefer the overwhelming blue look. The cool thing is if i dim the bulb its considerably more blue

I think a lot of the 'old-time' reefers are used to and prefer the warmer look. Just for kicks, I adjusted my array toward more blue a while back (18k?), but I just couldn't cope and had to bring the 'bright and cheery' look back in again :)

It takes equipment that none of them want to pay for to get a legitimate measurement, so now its like 'Whose Line' - everything's made up and the kelvins don't matter :lol:

Yes, certainly true. "Eh, close enough" is likely the marketing department's mantra :rolleyes:

I think a lot of the 'old-time' reefers are used to and prefer the warmer look. Just for kicks, I adjusted my array toward more blue a while back (18k?), but I just couldn't cope and had to bring the 'bright and cheery' look back in again :)

I couldn't agree with you more I much prefer the warmer look. I love how your coral still exhibit excellent coloration even under white light.

jedimasterben

I couldn't agree with you more I much prefer the warmer look. I love how your coral still exhibit excellent coloration even under white light.

Exactly! So much is lost when you take out the green and red!

Archived