Pod Your Reef

Wretched's JBJ 45RL

Wretched

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

Skimmer issues aside lol,this tank is way awesome well stocked at that

Definitely one of my favorite LPS dominated tanks!

Sure I like fuzzy sticks, but theres nothing better than this :)

How come I don't get automatic notifications when people reply on my thread =(? I would have never known anyone replies. Ugh, let me get some updated info, and a video =)

I'm loving the look of that frogspawn . Awesome looking tank and from one vet to another thanks for your service.

Thank you too dbk07!

I'm loving the look of that frogspawn . Awesome looking tank and from one vet to another thanks for your service.

Very nice, what branch? Army - 10th Mountain Division here...

I'm also located in Southern California! Cool... Where abouts?

Let me get these pics going =)

Hey Wretched,

I have the jbj45rl and it is just starting its cycle.

I noticed reading through your thread that you were commenting on not being a fan of LEDS but in you last tank shot you have two AI Primes.......

How are you finding them?

I have the same lights but have nothing other than rock and water in the cycling tank so I really cannot judge how good they will be for my corals.

Thanks

Hey Wretched,

I have the jbj45rl and it is just starting its cycle.

I noticed reading through your thread that you were commenting on not being a fan of LEDS but in you last tank shot you have two AI Primes.......

How are you finding them?

I have the same lights but have nothing other than rock and water in the cycling tank so I really cannot judge how good they will be for my corals.

Thanks

I absolutely LOVE the Primes... Best LED I have tried hands down. (I've used maxspect, radion xr15, and StevesLED.) My experience is excellent with them as you can see. I have switched back to ATI Sunpower for the fact that my corals are large... I get really bad shadows from how my aquascape and corals are placed. The blanket of light from T5 really reduces the shadows. My main areas of shadows were under the large leather toadstool prevented my torch from getting a lot of light and my xenia blocking my euphyllias. Even w/ the tank at 20.5" depth, the Primes really did well at penetrating the bottom.

If I was savvy enough, i'd learn how to implement these Primes into my ATI... but unfortunately I am not.

HarryPotter

I absolutely LOVE the Primes... Best LED I have tried hands down. (I've used maxspect, radion xr15, and StevesLED.) My experience is excellent with them as you can see. I have switched back to ATI Sunpower for the fact that my corals are large... I get really bad shadows from how my aquascape and corals are placed. The blanket of light from T5 really reduces the shadows. My main areas of shadows were under the large leather toadstool prevented my torch from getting a lot of light and my xenia blocking my euphyllias. Even w/ the tank at 20.5" depth, the Primes really did well at penetrating the bottom.

If I was savvy enough, i'd learn how to implement these Primes into my ATI... but unfortunately I am not.

Wretched I need a photo shoot to prove this tank still exists :P

Very nice, what branch? Army - 10th Mountain Division here...

I'm also located in Southern California! Cool... Where abouts?

Let me get these pics going =)

I was in the Army- 4th Infantry

I'm living In Lake Forest at the moment.

I absolutely LOVE the Primes... Best LED I have tried hands down. (I've used maxspect, radion xr15, and StevesLED.) My experience is excellent with them as you can see. I have switched back to ATI Sunpower for the fact that my corals are large... I get really bad shadows from how my aquascape and corals are placed. The blanket of light from T5 really reduces the shadows. My main areas of shadows were under the large leather toadstool prevented my torch from getting a lot of light and my xenia blocking my euphyllias. Even w/ the tank at 20.5" depth, the Primes really did well at penetrating the bottom. If I was savvy enough, i'd learn how to implement these Primes into my ATI... but unfortunately I am not.

That's awesome to hear....... I too have never been to impressed with LEDS and ended up going back to T5's but I am trying LEDS again with the Primes. Your reef looks awesome.

I am only really thinking softies and LPS anywyas so the Primes should be great. I love the shimmer they produce too.

Update: I switched back to an ATI Sunpower T5 fixture due to the fact the my corals just grow, and they're large... I get a lot of shadowing with such a small tank and heavily stocked LPS tank.

Note: I'm using a Samsung Note 4 camera, and I reduce my exposure to reduce the amount of light this fixture puts out.

FTS:

2015-06-23_15.01.54_zpsdx8ldzrc.jpg

Update: I switched back to an ATI Sunpower T5 fixture due to the fact the my corals just grow, and they're large... I get a lot of shadowing with such a small tank and heavily stocked LPS tank.

Note: I'm using a Samsung Note 4 camera, and I reduce my exposure to reduce the amount of light this fixture puts out.

FTS:

2015-06-23_15.01.54_zpsdx8ldzrc.jpg

This is hands down a bad ass tank sir.

I was in the Army- 4th Infantry

I'm living In Lake Forest at the moment.

Nice! Carson I believe? Unfortunately, I was at Fort Polk, Louisiana... Ugh.

That's awesome to hear....... I too have never been to impressed with LEDS and ended up going back to T5's but I am trying LEDS again with the Primes. Your reef looks awesome.

I am only really thinking softies and LPS anywyas so the Primes should be great. I love the shimmer they produce too.

You'll be very impressed with these LEDs. The control is amazing, and color output is fantastic. Since i've removed the lights from my main display I put it over my 10g until they're both sold. Here's a shot I just took:

The frogspawn frag came from my main colony, it was a head that was dying due to shadow and no light... He's alive and well now.

2015-06-23_15.17.12_zps8bpzmyyd.jpg

Okay that's just too much lol!!!!!

If I could jump a couple of years into the future, I would be so happy if my JBJ45RL looked anyway near that good.

That toadstool is just mad!!

Nice! Carson I believe? Unfortunately, I was at Fort Polk, Louisiana... Ugh.

Yea I was at Carson. The whole time sadly lol. That was partially my fault though, re-up'd to stay and go to Afghanistan after coming back from Iraq. My last 6 months with 4th ID was nice though. Got a Qatar "deployment" out of it.

How many bulbs are you running on the 45?

Hey dbk07 and Wretched,any good tips for keeping the m4 running smooth,not to jack the thread but,I don't often get to ask people who have actually used one beyond collecting and range time. Or did you find it operated well?

Okay that's just too much lol!!!!!

If I could jump a couple of years into the future, I would be so happy if my JBJ45RL looked anyway near that good.

That toadstool is just mad!!

Thank you. When I first started I was fragging these same colonies, got plenty of frags off them.... I haven't fragged them in +/- 2 years and this is the result.. I enjoy the large colonies, only downfall is.. where do I have room for more coral? I don't... A new tank has been thought about, but as of right now; it's just not going to happen. These corals been through hell and back with me; some are 4 years old!

Yea I was at Carson. The whole time sadly lol. That was partially my fault though, re-up'd to stay and go to Afghanistan after coming back from Iraq. My last 6 months with 4th ID was nice though. Got a Qatar "deployment" out of it.

How many bulbs are you running on the 45?

Same, spent 5 years at Polk =( 07-12, and was in Afghanland 10-11. Got out in 2012. I am running a 6 bulb non dimmable sunpower. If I was smart in this area, i'd add my two primes into it... but unfortunately I am not.

:wub:

Incredible! Love it :)

Such large corals!

Thank you, they're at the point of where can they grow? I'm up to dosing 35 ML of B ioinic A/B a day lol...

Hey dbk07 and Wretched,any good tips for keeping the m4 running smooth,not to jack the thread but,I don't often get to ask people who have actually used one beyond collecting and range time. Or did you find it operated well?

Keep her wet, CLP is your friend. Minor misfires or double feeds; im sure you know how to fix that. Keep your dust cover close and just make sure she's wet. ;)

And of course, clean.

Here's a throwback to 12 January 2014... Not that great of a picture, but all I can find on the hard drive.

1044291_10201180839351599_309222948_n_zp

HarryPotter

Colors are incredible!

I have so much trouble with the radion, it makes me want to try the same fixture or one of dave's hybrids.

You like the ATI 6x24w?

Keep her wet, CLP is your friend. Minor misfires or double feeds; im sure you know how to fix that. Keep your dust cover close and just make sure she's wet. ;)

And of course, clean.

Ditto on that lol

The throwback photo still looks sick but the shots where the corals have grown really big look the best.

I think that's going to be my plan to have 6 or 7 large colony's.

Thanks guys I'm pretty religious with the cleaning and carbon removal for sure . No issues so far,1000 rounds or so of xm855 and ss109

Thank you. When I first started I was fragging these same colonies, got plenty of frags off them.... I haven't fragged them in +/- 2 years and this is the result.. I enjoy the large colonies, only downfall is.. where do I have room for more coral? I don't... A new tank has been thought about, but as of right now; it's just not going to happen. These corals been through hell and back with me; some are 4 years old!

Same, spent 5 years at Polk =( 07-12, and was in Afghanland 10-11. Got out in 2012. I am running a 6 bulb non dimmable sunpower. If I was smart in this area, i'd add my two primes into it... but unfortunately I am not.

Thank you, they're at the point of where can they grow? I'm up to dosing 35 ML of B ioinic A/B a day lol...

Keep her wet, CLP is your friend. Minor misfires or double feeds; im sure you know how to fix that. Keep your dust cover close and just make sure she's wet. ;)And of course, clean.Here's a throwback to 12 January 2014... Not that great of a picture, but all I can find on the hard drive.

1044291_10201180839351599_309222948_n_zp

Friggin awesome

Archived