Coral Vue Hydros

Fusion 10G with 32 SPS frags!.FTS/video for December 2016. Pg#15

reefernanoman

reefernanoman

Saw the vid las night. Good stuff. Amazing how much sps you can cram into a 10 gallon.

Haha right? I think that teeny's fusion 10G is even more packed than mine. I think that I can cram a few more sticks in there (not encrusting or plating ones though). Thanks.

• Like 1

Mid October 2016 update. I decided to once more go with 100% SPS domination and also picked up a new ATO to replace my ancient JBJ ATO. I really like this micro ATO by AutoAqua after two days. Everything about it is really micro and sleek (even the included pump, which is very silent when operating). Also, all my SPS are doing much better than a month ago. Currently dosing ESV 2part (2ML every night) to keep dkH and Ca from dropping. My jebao DP4 doser is doing a great job with dosing.

New ATO:

IMG_20161014_184027.jpg

FTS 10/18/2016:

IMG_3915.jpg

New video for October:

Looks great, but yeah, you have plenty of room for MOAR CORALZ, TOTAL SPS DOMINATION :D

I love the micro ATO too, if it had been on the market when I started my older tanks I'd have one in every tank.

• Like 2
reefernanoman

Looks great, but yeah, you have plenty of room for MOAR CORALZ, TOTAL SPS DOMINATION :D

I love the micro ATO too, if it had been on the market when I started my older tanks I'd have one in every tank.

Thanks. What I love about it is how silent the pump is when it's operating. It doesn't sound like the MAC truck pump that my Tunze nano osmolator has (which is developing rust BTW).

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Great new video buddy. Looking fantastico!

Thanks.

Great video!

Thanks. I have to do these in a hurry now because of the 60hr week job and the 6 month old baby boy :)

• Like 3

I hear you... We have a three month old and a very whiney three year old. It is getting hard to even get out to get water these days. I tell my friends, having an infant is like a work-release program. Ha~

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I hear you... We have a three month old and a very whiney three year old. It is getting hard to even get out to get water these days. I tell my friends, having an infant is like a work-release program. Ha~

Yeah. I don't think I could do this without automation (ATO, Apex and Doser)

reefernanoman

Update 11/03/16: So I decided to try Acros once more. I went ahead and put 7 Acros into my Fusion 10G, since my corals are doing well and all my parameters are in check. The first try at Acros was a disaster because of my low Alk (the Acro was dead at day 2). All but two of the Acros are doing well after acclimating and doing a coral RX dip. The two have very little polyp extension and have lost way more color than the other 5, but it's been only a day since I put them in there, so i'm optimistic. Hopefully they all color up with time, since all of them have lost a considerable amount of color (new for me because all the montis that I have recieved have lost no color). Polyp extension on the other five Acros is pretty good. Ordered from Aqua SD. I also got too very nice free zoa frags with the order (which went into the other tank). Acros added : pink daisy, toxic tip tenuis, supreme delight, strawberry shortcake, strawberry kiwi, raspberry delight, and pinkberry cake.

The box:

IMG_20161102_102511.jpg

Good packaging and free sticker:

IMG_20161102_102932.jpg

Acclimating

IMG_20161102_111127.jpg

Removing ugly frag plugs during coral dip:

IMG_20161102_114959.jpg

• Like 2
reefernanoman

Nice acros! Good luck with them. Start then down low or on the sandbed so they can acclimate, though.

Thanks bud. Yeah my scape is pretty much flat so I'm thinking that they should be fine.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
reefernanoman

Update for mid December 2016! A super haul from cultivated reef (mostly Acros). I also added a PM1 module and BRS lab grade PH probe for my Apex Jr. New corals: myagi tort, montipora undata, blue monti digi, strawberry fields acro, palmer's blue milli, ORA bird of paradise (went into my other tank), tri color acro, aussie acan red halo (went into my other tank). With this order there are about 32 frags now inside here! A combo of acros and montis. Out of all the acros that I have shoved in here, only two didn't make it, so I'm doing pretty well.

My current favorite monti: mystic sunset monti:

IMG_3957.jpg

FTS 12/14/16:

IMG_3953.jpg

My latest video. Check it out:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Finally found your thread Reeder, love the system. Think its awesome to see the progression of your tanks and your willing to share your thoughts and findings. Knowing that you have Kessil and there are a lot more people that have had no success then positive with them regarding Kessils you've touch on the low par and low intensity subject which my be the reason others (and myslef) are were having issues. One of the things thats been burned in peoples minds is that when you are over lighting with led it will burn corals. IMO that is BS since i don't burn anything but the corals don't like the extra intensity so they close up and stop being happy. Would love for you to share a little more detail on your Kessil lighting schedule if possible as well as your height of the fixture above the water. Also what are your p04 and no3 readings?

Also forgot to ask, how do you video with Kessil believe i read your lighting is 30-35% corol which is very bulb. Are you videoing with different lighting color and intensity then what you run the system normally?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
reefernanoman
On 6/27/2021 at 3:44 PM, anizato said:

This tank still running? @reefernanoman

It is, sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately, I had a tank crash (I think that my heater got stuck in the on position) and ALL MY SPS DIED. Ever since, I lost the initiative. It's still running, but I only have a handful of LPS that survived

reefernanoman
On 2/3/2019 at 9:16 AM, ramona said:

Hi reefernanoman, do you still have this tank?

It's still running, but it looks NOTHING like the last picture. I had a tank crash, so yeah, that killed my wanting to buy more corals. That's the problem with keeping SPS in such a small tank