Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Begow's Life // 60 Shallow Rimless // Got my Scoly back!

Begow

michaelrzachmann

My man, my tank caused me maddd angst in the begining and everytime something happened like in your tank my thoughts went darastic and i thought the same type of shit and im sure your personal life troubles might only make the shit goin on with your tank harder. IME when every goddamn person on this forum says "GO SLOW" its probably from their experience where they either went too fast and shit went wrong like it did but its def true! Maybe just try and see if somethings pull through and until then dont add anything until the tank stabalizes. Coral additions went best for me when my parameters were stable, i finally got all of my equipment running smoothy in unison, and i found a good balance in a husbandry routine. That all took time. On a side note i am currently in social work school and been interning for a while. Most social workers i have met like myself genuinly want to help people but there are always going to be flaws in the system so i hope you havent totally lost faith in it because most of us truly do just want to help. Im sorry for what you going through. I know your tank doesnt mean shit compared to your kids but it is cool to see the support you are getting on these forums from strangers who share a hobby with you. i cant even imagine what that is like and i hope it all works out. ONE LOVE

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reefmaster1996

I would recommend removing the Blenny, the clowns were fine in my tank, but they had more room, the other clown will start shaking which means he is submitting, this is a normal process with clownfish pairs

Also cyani is normal, you just have new tank syndrome which happens to every single new tank I've ever had in the past 4 -5 years

Also skimmer will help a lot

My man, my tank caused me maddd angst in the begining and everytime something happened like in your tank my thoughts went darastic and i thought the same type of shit and im sure your personal life troubles might only make the shit goin on with your tank harder. IME when every goddamn person on this forum says "GO SLOW" its probably from their experience where they either went too fast and shit went wrong like it did but its def true! Maybe just try and see if somethings pull through and until then dont add anything until the tank stabalizes. Coral additions went best for me when my parameters were stable, i finally got all of my equipment running smoothy in unison, and i found a good balance in a husbandry routine. That all took time. On a side note i am currently in social work school and been interning for a while. Most social workers i have met like myself genuinly want to help people but there are always going to be flaws in the system so i hope you havent totally lost faith in it because most of us truly do just want to help. Im sorry for what you going through. I know your tank doesnt mean shit compared to your kids but it is cool to see the support you are getting on these forums from strangers who share a hobby with you. i cant even imagine what that is like and i hope it all works out. ONE LOVE

I would recommend removing the Blenny, the clowns were fine in my tank, but they had more room, the other clown will start shaking which means he is submitting, this is a normal process with clownfish pairs

Also cyani is normal, you just have new tank syndrome which happens to every single new tank I've ever had in the past 4 -5 years

Also skimmer will help a lot

Thanks a lot guys. Today I woke up early and just sat and watched the tank. I saw the Blenny nip at the SPS more than 20 times each. I also saw the clownfish dig in the sand more than 15 times which does produce a milky cloud.

I need to find a way to get the Blenny out without breaking the entire tank down. Any suggestions?

When I get home from work the skimmer should be there, so I'm ready for the mental frustrations of a cloudy and micro bubble filled tank.

Today is my sons first Halloween, and I can't spend it with either of them. I'm pretty down today, it's all very dream life. Hazy and shit it's weird.

Man just finished reading your thread.

I'm very sorry things aren't going well for you man. You have a beautiful family and I'm sure you guys will all be reunited again soon.

We'll keep you guys in our prayers!

Yes, but obviously not good enough.

When you do WCs, do you vacuum out parts of the sandbed? It'll probably help remove some nutrients and compete with the cyano. The skimmer should help with the clown kicking up detritus, and you should make sure chemical filtration's still doing well and isn't exhausted. Keep basting the rocks to detach the cyano and let it get filtered out. It's basically omnipresent in tanks, but it doesn't get a chance to take hold once your beneficial bacteria kick in.

And good luck! With the tank, and with everything else.

lilmatty5dimes

damn bro. wtf is up with that. so sorry to hear the news about your kids. i think your taking it better than i would. i think i would be going crazy as hell up in there. hopefully it'll get taken care of. sad considering some of the stories i'v seen or heard thats 1000x worse and nothing comes of it. thoughts and prays your way. sad to hear about your tank. hopefully you'll be able to settle that all out.

When you do WCs, do you vacuum out parts of the sandbed? It'll probably help remove some nutrients and compete with the cyano. The skimmer should help with the clown kicking up detritus, and you should make sure chemical filtration's still doing well and isn't exhausted. Keep basting the rocks to detach the cyano and let it get filtered out. It's basically omnipresent in tanks, but it doesn't get a chance to take hold once your beneficial bacteria kick in.

And good luck! With the tank, and with everything else.

damn bro. wtf is up with that. so sorry to hear the news about your kids. i think your taking it better than i would. i think i would be going crazy as hell up in there. hopefully it'll get taken care of. sad considering some of the stories i'v seen or heard thats 1000x worse and nothing comes of it. thoughts and prays your way. sad to hear about your tank. hopefully you'll be able to settle that all out.

Thanks yall, I have been going crazy, really. it's hard seeing my wife so upset about everything, but the tank keeps me busy and focused.

Today my skimmer came in, so I have that running and I'm trying to get it dialed in. This thing is way noiser than I expected! It is pulling some skimate though, so that's good! I just need to get it dialed in perfect

Really sorry to hear everything your going through but just in hang in there...you have a beautiful family.

Your tank looks great so far as everyone said just go slow. Try feeding alot less and do more water changes.

Reefmaster1996

The skimmer will usually quiet down with time as it develops a natural slime coat on all the pieces in contact with water, this also usually eliminates micro bubbles.

The skimmer will usually quiet down with time as it develops a natural slime coat on all the pieces in contact with water, this also usually eliminates micro bubbles.

Really sorry to hear everything your going through but just in hang in there...you have a beautiful family.

Your tank looks great so far as everyone said just go slow. Try feeding alot less and do more water changes.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support.

The skimmer produced some light brown skimmate last night so that's good! I adjusted it to get a darker and thicker skimmate, we will see.

Also, I used the water bottle fish trap in the tank last night. The Blenny was in there within 30 minutes. I took him to a new LFS I found and today my SPS had polyp extension, so hopefully with him gone my stuff will make a come back.

Tank is looking a little better, the skimmer is pulling pretty good stuff so far.

Picked up a new paly, any idea on an ID?

cpQClFt.jpg

Was thinking, Devil's Armor or Everlasting Gobstoppers. Any ideas? Tips of the skirts have a brownish green color.

Tank is looking a little better, the skimmer is pulling pretty good stuff so far.

Picked up a new paly, any idea on an ID?

Was thinking, Devil's Armor or Everlasting Gobstoppers. Any ideas? Tips of the skirts have a brownish green color.

Im guessing devils armor

Small update I guess:

My children are now with my Mom, so buying stuff for the tank has slowed since I'm giving her money to help, and I've had to buy car seats and diapers etc since she had none.

The tank is doing good, slime is finally going away, the skimmer is still producing a lot of bubbles but it pulling real thick nasty skimmate. I picked up a few small frags from a local wholesaler at insane prices.

I also picked up a Midas Blenny, my favorite fish that I haven't been able to find anywhere within 75 miles, my local wholesaler randomly got two in.

Stock list:

Premium Onyx Picasso Clowns X 2

Midas Blenny

Longnose Hawkfish

Bangaii Cardinal (soon to be rehomed since he's a monster and is becoming a bully)

Inverts:

CUC

Blood Shrimp

Green and Rose Bubble Tip Anemone

Corals:

ORA Mint Green Birdsnest colony

Tri-Color Acro

Rainbow Acan

Pink and red Acans

Reeftech Sunburst Monti

Pink Palys

Devil's Armor Paly

Candle Apple Red Paly

KI0ImDM.jpg

xR4iDAv.jpg

v7bd9xW.jpg

BnGlntz.jpg

All of my SPS has great PE, and is fully colored. My Birdsnest colony is already splitting new pieces. My acro is coloring up nicely as well.

Quick video, sorry for the weird angles, this was right when my lights turned on. And my Blood Shrimp had freshly molted.

http://tinypic.com/r/v3keiv/8

The tank has really been my therapy, I just sit and stare at it. I've been so strong for my wife this whole time, and as of recently I think I'm breaking down slowly. This is easily the hardest thing I've ever had to go through, but I'm trying to keep my life normal, and still try and do some regular things that we always do.

My local buddy has some Blue Hornets that aren't opening up in his tank so we are going to trade my Candy Apple Red's for them and call it even. My tank is absolutely rocking. 20% water changes weekly, skimmer doing it's job, I'm really satisfied with the tank at this point in time.

Tank is looking awesome. Glad to hear that the kids are with family, that's at least a step in the right direction.

Thanks man, indeed a positive step! Still sucks and today I really really miss my son, but yeah the tank looks good!

I've been trying to locally find a pom pom crab, no luck! I really want some nice palys/zoas to add.

lilmatty5dimes

Glad to hear the kids are with your mom. Still sucks this even happened. Tank as come a long way and looks great. Keep up the hard work.

I just saw you sold your desktop skimmer. Are you taking down this tank and what are you going to be selling from this build?

What is your next build?

Glad to hear the kids are with your mom. Still sucks this even happened. Tank as come a long way and looks great. Keep up the hard work.

Thanks buddy, it's definitely looking good.

I just saw you sold your desktop skimmer. Are you taking down this tank and what are you going to be selling from this build?

What is your next build?

Yeah I'm selling this build. I have a Deep Blue Professional 60 Rimless Shallow tank being delivered Sunday. I'll be selling the entire tank once I part together all the stuff I need. I need a sump really to get up and running. I ordered my return pump, starboard and 6 bulb T5 lighting. Just need a sump to get her up and running.

Archived