Coral Vue Hydros

5.4gal ( no more)

Angel<3Nanos

Pics as requested! ;)15035373402_1340fe244d_b.jpg14849002609_1754c45530_b.jpg
That looks better than I expected. The white background blends right in with the wall. Looking good!
Super swifffffft !!! I wasn't sure about the white background,but damn that looks good man !!! I like how with those powerheads you can turn it to create different flow,which is nice. With the height of that tank,I definitely think the powerhead will help. So have you gotten your scape figured out yet ?! That's what I'm waiting to see next :)
likewise. Scapes are my one of my favorite things with this hobby

Are you going bare bottom with this one?

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda hope not,with the stand no offense. I just think it would clash,it might nt be that bad once it's filled with water.

I love scaping tanks,it's so much fun.

The stand looks sweet with the racing stripes but a reef isn't a reef without sand. It would be added beneficial surface area for the small tank too

Yeah very true. Personally,I cannot stand sand,it's a detritus trap and I prefer bare bottom,so much easier to keep nutrients down especially in my case since I have a bunch of sps.

But once it gets wet,you may not be able to see the stripes really.

Angel<3Nanos

Nice setup so far. Followed you! how big is that pico powerhead from front to back? I wanted to add a bit of flow in my tank and thinking of using that power head but didn't want to take up some real estate.

Thx!

And the powerhead It's really small. Ill measure it after work or tomorrow :)

Super swifffffft !!! I wasn't sure about the white background,but damn that looks good man !!! I like how with those powerheads you can turn it to create different flow,which is nice. With the height of that tank,I definitely think the powerhead will help.

So have you gotten your scape figured out yet ?! That's what I'm waiting to see next :)

Thx man. And not yet. Ill plan to make a scape on Wednesday. :)

That looks better than I expected. The white background blends right in with the wall. Looking good!

likewise. Scapes are my one of my favorite things with this hobbyAre you going bare bottom with this one?

Thx. No BB. I love sand too much :)

The stand looks sweet with the racing stripes but a reef isn't a reef without sand. It would be added beneficial surface area for the small tank too

Well mine is going to be a very thin layer of sand. I doubt it will do anything for filtration. More for looks. :)

Yeah very true. Personally,I cannot stand sand,it's a detritus trap and I prefer bare bottom,so much easier to keep nutrients down especially in my case since I have a bunch of sps.

But once it gets wet,you may not be able to see the stripes really.

I've done BB before but I just love sand too much. Lol

And yeah the top stripes will only be visible on some sides. Its kay :)

Thx!

And the powerhead It's really small. Ill measure it after work or tomorrow :)

Thx man. And not yet. Ill plan to make a scape on Wednesday. :)

Thx. No BB. I love sand too much :)

Well mine is going to be a very thin layer of sand. I doubt it will do anything for filtration. More for looks. :)

I've done BB before but I just love sand too much. Lol

And yeah the top stripes will only be visible on some sides. Its kay :)

I tried BB on my current tank at first and I couldn't get used to it. I have bimini/fiji pink in it now and love it. Not bad with the detrius and I like watching my snails bury themselves in it. Now the seafloor special grade in my temporary setup on the underhand...pain in the @$$. It was dusty, traps detrius and looked dirty even when it was new.

Are you using sand from your 45?

Angel<3Nanos

killah brah

Ooh kill em! :D

I tried BB on my current tank at first and I couldn't get used to it. I have bimini/fiji pink in it now and love it. Not bad with the detrius and I like watching my snails bury themselves in it. Now the seafloor special grade in my temporary setup on the underhand...pain in the @$$. It was dusty, traps detrius and looked dirty even when it was new.

Are you using sand from your 45?

Yeah man. Love sand! The way it looks so natural.

And I might get some from my 40 or get a new bag. What do you think?

I say from you tank,honestly. I wouldn't waste getting any if you have a established system already going.

This. If it's not dirty, why not save some money.

Angel<3Nanos

I say from you tank,honestly. I wouldn't waste getting any if you have a established system already going.

This. If it's not dirty, why not save some money.

Yeah might as well. Plus its only a few lbs I need anyways :).

Now debating whether or not to sell my 40g. Ugh I just dont wanna let go of that thing. It's doing so well. :(

I'm sure you can get enough sand outta the 40 without even knowing any was gone lol. How deep is your sandbed ?

Why would you get rid of it and break it down ?! If it's doing good and have no reason to do so,then I wouldn't man. Do you have a link to the thread ?

If you really need to breakdown the 45, take your fave zoas, maybe a few easy sps that you really like and maybe a small goby! Make the most of this tank. It's really coming along nicely

If you really need to breakdown the 45, take your fave zoas, maybe a few easy sps that you really like and maybe a small goby! Make the most of this tank. It's really coming along nicely

+1 on this. All the best of the best stuff,pull and out into this tank then sell everything else lmao. Oh and add that mp10 to and ditch the Hydor powerhead :D

Angel<3Nanos

I'm sure you can get enough sand outta the 40 without even knowing any was gone lol. How deep is your sandbed ?

Why would you get rid of it and break it down ?! If it's doing good and have no reason to do so,then I wouldn't man. Do you have a link to the thread ?

+1 on this. All the best of the best stuff,pull and out into this tank then sell everything else lmao. Oh and add that mp10 to and ditch the Hydor powerhead :D

With the baby coming im not sure I can handle the tank. I might get lazy and whatnot.

But I like it so much that I can't let go of it. Ugh decisions man. :(

Angel<3Nanos

I have some awesome news!!!!!! :D

I was able to resolve those family problems I had that would make me get rig of my 45g!

And my friends amd family convinced me to keep the 45g running! Couldn't be any happier.

Plus a friend is giving me a tank to redo my sump and another is selling me a t5/mh fixture to retro fit my hydra, for super cheap!

Hell yeah!!!! :D

I have some awesome news!!!!!! :DI was able to resolve those family problems I had that would make me get rig of my 45g!

And my friends amd family convinced me to keep the 45g running! Couldn't be any happier.

Plus a friend is giving me a tank to redo my sump and another is selling me a t5/mh fixture to retro fit my hydra, for super cheap!

Hell yeah!!!! :D

Nice! Any change in what you're doing with the 5.4? Would be awesome to do a specific regional biotope

Angel<3Nanos

Awesome to hear man,that's what's up !!!! So are you going to supplement your hydra ? That'd be sexy as hell man.

Check out my 45g thread man! Just retrofitted my hydra! Link in my signature ;)

Nice! Any change in what you're doing with the 5.4? Would be awesome to do a specific regional biotope

Caribean themed or Australian themes

Or Fiji themed will all sps :D

Hawaiian, Fijian, Australian or Caribbean!

I say create a poll and see what takes it !!!

Now now kids, slow down. Lol

I say we keep it simple with some high end zoas. :D

But now I need an ATO...

Archived