ReefCleaners.org

5.4gal ( no more)

Angel<3Nanos

It's a good color. And I have 2 11ups vs your 13up. So mine might be a little moreI blue than yours. Yours has lime right ? You kinda have to use more blue to kinda compensate for the brightness of the lime.

On my other light,I use 255 (100%) blues and like 45 (25-30%). But it uses a mixture of luxeons and bridgelux,which btw SUCK lol. Im thinking of selling my 11up fixture and redoing my other light with 2 3up's with NW,WW,Cyan.. 1-2 lime,4 3ups with RB,CB,RB and 3 Hyper Violets on my Fusion 10 when I get it this week or next.

Completely forgot you are running a custom light. I have the 13up with one lime. I'm working my way up to 240-250/80 for a 3:1 ratio to see how I like that color mix.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah,I am. But I'm not really liking it honestly. I love luxeons,way better than cree's,but the color combo on the boards themselves. So the whole fixture will probably up for sale here shortly.

Hahaha you're a blue kinda guy huh ? I am too myself,so I feel ya. I honestly didn't even really acclimate sh*t for high intensity. They kinda got thrown into it,so far so good. My Joe the Coral and reddish/green Milli love it. My Milli has shifted from pinkish red to green back to pink/red again,damn coral -__- lol.

My settings are 130 blues & 40 whites. And itS about 16-18k looking.

I just threw out some numbers lol.

I'm running 210 blues and 80 whites but that is over a way larger area. Try the 130/40 like reefkid. That ratio will give off a nice color

Ill try that reefkid. I kinda want an 18k look so that will work :)

Thx for the settings guys! ;)

Also, its been a week of cycling. Since the Real Reef Rock is handmade there is supposed to be NO die-off. So I wondered how long it takes to cycle. Im kinda getting tempted to put a zoa frag in there and see how it does. I really dont have any Ammonia test kits, so I will just test for po4 and no3.

I've been thinking of a pico for awhile. With your light, do you think SPS is possible?

There are quite a few people on here growing sps with the mini tide.

I've been thinking of a pico for awhile. With your light, do you think SPS is possible?

This light will in fact grow sps. The hard part of sps in a pico is trying to keep parameters stable. So therefore, many water changes and good husbandry are crucial.

This light will in fact grow sps. The hard part of sps in a pico is trying to keep parameters stable. So therefore, many water changes and good husbandry are crucial.

This! I'm afraid to try sps in my nano.

Very capable. Just STABLITY IS KEY !!! I'm having no problem keeping sps. I'm having temp problems,which is making things a pain for some species.

I'm still waiting on to cycle.. And it's not even my tank hahaha :D I wanna see a FTS with the light shiningggggg ?

This! I'm afraid to try sps in my nano.

Im going to give it a try in my 45 and on this one. Some easy sps kind.

Very capable. Just STABLITY IS KEY !!! I'm having no problem keeping sps. I'm having temp problems,which is making things a pain for some species.

I'm still waiting on to cycle.. And it's not even my tank hahaha :D I wanna see a FTS with the light shiningggggg

Amen on sps man!

FTS and po4 and no3 readings coming up! :)

Try some Birdsnests or Monti's and see how they do. I'm sure they'll do fine. I thought I saw a green birdsnest in your 45 ?! Am I wrong lol.

Sounds good brudda,I'm patiently waiting :D

Try some Birdsnests or Monti's and see how they do. I'm sure they'll do fine. I thought I saw a green birdsnest in your 45 ?! Am I wrong lol.

Sounds good brudda,I'm patiently waiting :D

That's what im trying to aim for man! Something easy.

And there was a birdsnest and a poci in there but they died. :(

Really ?! That's weird. I wonder why,hopefully this tank treats ya better !!

Man I cannot wait to get this Fusion 10 :happydance:

You ordered a fusion 10?? Whaaat? Lol
Really ?! That's weird. I wonder why,hopefully this tank treats ya better !!

Man I cannot wait to get this Fusion 10 :happydance:

Whaaa? You setting up that and the Zen? And the aquatop? Lol

Did some testing!

Red Sea Fanboy here! :D

15131620595_51cae61f59_b.jpg

No3 and Po4 Begins!

14944913259_d2e254a58e_b.jpg

0ppm Po4

15128630101_0bf93cfa1b_b.jpg

And the moment you guys been waiting for.

No3 at 3ppm!!! (The pic says its at 2ppm but the color in the bottle is darker than 2ppm but lighter than 4ppm, so I assume it's 3ppm)

15128629561_5bb736bfef_b.jpg

Now now boys hahahaha. No,the Zen will be out of commission,the AquaTop will be shutdown once the Fusion gets cycled and is ready to be set up. I'll be selling my current light and revamp my extra light to be over the Fusion.

My LFS has one for sale,and my girlfriend said she'd go halves on it with,so it'll be nice.

Hahaha RS fanboy huh ? Don't worry I'm just as bad. I have their salt,Foundations kit and their Nitrate/Nitrite and Ammonia kits ;) Parameters are looking good,onward sirrrrrr !!!!

Now now boys hahahaha. No,the Zen will be out of commission,the AquaTop will be shutdown once the Fusion gets cycled and is ready to be set up. I'll be selling my current light and revamp my extra light to be over the Fusion.

My LFS has one for sale,and my girlfriend said she'd go halves on it with,so it'll be nice.

Hahaha RS fanboy huh ? Don't worry I'm just as bad. I have their salt,Foundations kit and their Nitrate/Nitrite and Ammonia kits ;) Parameters are looking good,onward sirrrrrr !!!!

Sweet man! Those fusions are really cool and very affordable! Get it!

Yeah I use their salt as well. I have all the test kits they have but the ammonia lol. Love RS. :)

So what do you think of the Nitrates? I say WC and CUC dont you think?

My 45g has 0ppm nitrates. Which is where the water came from. And assuming I have nitrates means the cycle is almost (or if not already) over.

I SHOULD have it in my possession by this weekend. I just have to find a good place to put it in my small ass room. Once we move in January,it'll be better. My plan is to upgrade the return pump,get a RW-4 and the new picO skimmer but I'm waiting to hear back from IM on the width of the rear chamber,since the picO skimmer is 3" wide.

I would say so,mix a fresh batch of 2 gallons,wait until tomorrow and test again,then throw some schnails and scermit crabs in derrrr :happydance: then wait maybe another week or so then start tossing some coralzzzz in this biatch !!! What're your first inhabitants gonna be sir (coral wise) ?!

EDIT: just called the LFS to get the measurements on the rear chamber.. They sold the tank today but should have some within the next 1-2 weeks.. FML..

I can't hate for only doing one tank. I stress just from the thought of setting up the other two lol.

Really bad news everyone lol

Turns out I decided to test my 45g for No3 and guess what the readings was?

Yep! 3ppm hahaha

Guess the 5.4 is not even cycling. Will try the shrimp method now. And with fresh mixed water.

Also did a 25g WC on the 45g. To keep the No3 down.

Really bad news everyone lol

Turns out I decided to test my 45g for No3 and guess what the readings was?

Yep! 3ppm hahaha

Guess the 5.4 is not even cycling. Will try the shrimp method now. And with fresh mixed water.Also did a 25g WC on the 45g. To keep the No3 down.

Good thing you checked the big tank before you started stocking up the pico

Good thing you checked the big tank before you started stocking up the pico

Haha yeah man! Phew! Close one.

In other news. I finally arranged the inside of my stand.

:)

15130424351_2f1081b043_b.jpg

I mean,I've seen worse lol. My tanks even been at worse,even my 2 gallon nitrates and nitrites have been at 10 and 5ppm's lol. No fear. Just don't let your phosphates and ammonia get to a outrageous ppm and you're good. I know Zoa's and some lps love "dirtier" water.

But cycle wise,no bueno hahahaha.

I mean,I've seen worse lol. My tanks even been at worse,even my 2 gallon nitrates and nitrites have been at 10 and 5ppm's lol. No fear. Just don't let your phosphates and ammonia get to a outrageous ppm and you're good. I know Zoa's and some lps love "dirtier" water.

But cycle wise,no bueno hahahaha.

Lol I just panic whenever I see nitrates.

Also I tested my tds on the water and its .000 tds. That was like 30gals left on the barrel. I finished it and realized my DI resin completely turned color. So I turned on the faucet and read my tds coming from the unit and its .001tds. Time to change the resin. Its only been 3months. Could it be that I use it too much? Lol

Archived