Top Shelf Aquatics

Brad's Rimless. NanoBox Hybrid. MAME. Synergy. Aquarium

brad908

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WAIT? THOSE EXIST?

I added 2 new frags to my tank 2 days ago, and yesterday I noticed that 1 acan had been half-eaten, and another one, was pretty much down to the skeleton...

They are terrible and breed in great numbers... Check them out at night, they move fast and respond to your movement. You need a red light to see them.

Leave skimmer on the bottom of the sump = overflows immediately

Raise skimmer 1" on an eggcrate platform = water level doesn't even raise half way up the skimmer

Can't win

Leave skimmer on the bottom of the sump = overflows immediately

Raise skimmer 1" on an eggcrate platform = water level doesn't even raise half way up the skimmer

Can't win

how far closed is the airvalve when you have it on the platform?

how far closed is the airvalve when you have it on the platform?

It actually started finally rising back up. It is on max

It sucks to hear about the dead scolys and LPS. Any developments on that?

Are you drinking beer from a stemless wine glass?

Think the tank recycled, having some nasty algae right now. All the hammers and torches are doing will and the one remaining scoly.

Lol it might be a wine glass, wasn't my crib. At my place I drink everything out of beer mugs, including milk.

I run my air flow way close to closed as my water level in sump is slightly too low to where it should be I find its easiest to dial mine in that way.

When it was on the bottom of th sump it would immediately overflow no matter what setting it was on

Now the water level is back to being way down. I am not sure what is going on with this skimmer.

I still have it raised on the eggcrate

Is your display tanks levels fluctuating? I find that if any air bubbles occur in the mame flow to the sump can drop and topoff will add water then the airbubble clears and sump level rises causing skimmer overflow.

This tank is a disaster. Needs some serious TLC after Christmas.

Brown stringy algae everywhere

Almost want to take it down and just do the grove tank, but Dave is doing that amazing hybrid light and I had high expectations for this tank. But, I've been traveling a lot, and next year will only get more busy.

Off topic: Any Canadians or travelers here? Looking to go to Banff and Jasper National parks in June or September.

This tank is a disaster. Needs some serious TLC after Christmas.

Brown stringy algae everywhere

Almost want to take it down and just do the grove tank, but Dave is doing that amazing hybrid light and I had high expectations for this tank. But, I've been traveling a lot, and next year will only get more busy.

Ouch. Too much traveling does not make for a stellar tank. I hope you get this figured out. It would be a shame to see it come down but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Thanks! The black one has grown so much, it was so tiny when I first got it

I've got two, too. My female has grown so much, but is still little. Just not teensy insy teeny weenie cute anymore.

• 1 month later...

Tank is slowly recovering, I did a hyrdogen peroxide dip on all the rocks over the weekend. All the hammers and torches are doing great, as well as the two clownfish.

The tank should be 100% by the time the new NanoBox Hybrid comes.

• 1 month later...

Archived